12ga vs 10ga

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Re: 12ga vs 10ga

Post by HD_Artworks »

I have 10ga, 12ga O/U and 12ga Pump.
I stop using 12ga Pump since I bought the 10ga! It has faster reload rate and it has good power.
I like 12ga O/U too especially while I'm hunting birds for fun!
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

12GA pump is slightly weaker then the 10GA, but the scope still makes me prefer it for most species, especially ptarmigans and pheasants(I'm a lousy shooter...).

Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

I like the 10 gauge for geese. Mainly capacity as I like dropping entire flocks that break. Sadistic yes. But oh so fun. I love my 12 gauge for rabbit, slug on bears and moose. My Blaser is for ducks and I love taking it out with buck shot on deer when Im stalking in the brush and dont care about spooking.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

The 10 ga definitely reaches out there, but not just using the 12 ga pump would be a loss on a lot of duck shooting and is always in the inventory alongside
the 10 ga shotgun I'm using when bird shooting. I do find that for the 12 ga pump is that I like its plane smoothness when pointing and I myself just cannot get
the same out of the 10 ga lever plane design. I like the 10 ga lever for Goose hunting because of it's power range, but if they made an 10 ga Auto of todays
standards I would drop the lever in a heart beat. The 12 ga. pump works good for me also on the upland birds, like WT Ptarmigans on TT when there in the
thick of things, fast responses with quick getting on the birds are sometimes needed. I have most of the shotguns but for hunting I like the ones that hold
more shells to get more shots off because that's what I like in a shotgun in the game. I mostly bird hunt with the shotguns in the game and don't slug hunt
animals hardly but only once in a blue moon, probably just on missions that have come along because rifles are not restricted at all.
So in my hunting consistency of using them I rate both the 10 ga lever & 12 ga pump to have about the same value for me in my hunting needs for shot shell guns.
At least for the time being or until something better comes along............ ;)
mikepoole

Post by mikepoole »

ive got both, but the 10ga comes with me on all my geese/duck hunts. retired the 12ga after i got the 10. however, now that youve brought it up.. maybe my next hunt will be with the pump
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

my pump has been retired for a long time since i got the 10ga, rarely use it but that doesn't mean its a bad shotgun
Nathan22Outdoors
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

Love the 12ga pump action. Maxed out both and pretty sure they are the only weapons I have maxed. Except for maybe the .22 pistol. (Getting close to max from memory)
I generally still go for either the o/u or s/s though 12ga now though depending on what I feel like on the day.
I don't use the 10ga all that much really.
For comps that require a shotgun is the only time I really got for the pump these days due to the skill level and scope option.
Choosing the 12ga over the 10ga is just my personal choice though. I couldn't say which is best.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

very interesting subject im going to do a comparision today in a video. see how they fare. ;)
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

ronMctube wrote:very interesting subject im going to do a comparision today in a video. see how they fare. ;)
Be interesting to hear you're perspective in a video. I find the 10 gauge has amazing purpose capacity wise when you're not being choosy and on a goose or duck slaughter. As mentioned by a previous post I also like the 12 with the slug scope for upland birds. 12 gauge has all around versatility.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

video is now up. its pretty close with all things considered.

link https://youtu.be/sCM-yxsJfv8

Return to “General Chat”