12ga vs 10ga

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
L3M182
Outfitter

12ga vs 10ga

Post by L3M182 »

just out of curiosity, what do people prefer?.

It cant be denied the 10ga is a bit of a beast, but me personally i prefer the pump action 12ga. Its the nostalgia. was the first additional firearm i bought and 1 of only 2 ive maxed out. Back in the early days of not much money, not much gear and only a few animals to hunt it was with me on every hunt. It had me covered all the way up until bison arrived but by then i had loads of gear.

anyone else still run it or has everyone retired it for the 10ga?
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: 12ga vs 10ga

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I definitely did not retire the 12G but I do enjoy the 10G on geese.
I for one would like to see another 12G pump or semi auto in the game but with it own ammo like 3 1/2" mag just so it don't share ammo with the other 12g guns.
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

I'll use the pump if I need to mount the slug scope, but other than that I just love everything about the 10ga.
If you want to challenge yourself, the 16ga is perfect for that.
Spoiler:
Sp3aker

Post by Sp3aker »

I enjoy the 12, its a fantastic shotgun. Like you, I took it on a lot of my journeys through the EHR not just for birds but that thing+a slug scope on boar or bear? Now thats satisfying! I recently grabbed the 10g and fell in love with it but Im probably biased as I am a sucker for lever rifles(own all but 30 30, is that even worth it?). Ive taken the 12 out a few times since that purchase but Ive been carrying the 10 on every hunt this past week. Really pushing what it can do. It's not as strong as a 12g but it can still put a pretty big hole in something, even more so if you are shooting for lungs/heart/brain. Great reload speed for followup shots. Overall Im think Im swapping teams to the 10 permanently outside of a few hunts!

Also Im really sad that the Plat version of the 10g is the tournament prize and not be available for purchase(or will it? Im still new and unsure how these things work yet) as it's beautiful. I'd pay for it in a heartbeat, hell Id even take it for 1500em$ but I dont want to give them any ideas :P. Like look at this thing:

Work of art right there
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I don't own the 10ga, but for functionality i will chose the 12ga pump, you can mount scopes, for ducks or the slug one that work charms on rabbits, and like BuiuRei said the 16ga is the way to go if you like a challenge, besides looks great.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

12 gauge pump is still the best shotty for me.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

It's hard to let the 12 collect dust after so many hunts. I just added up all my 12ga shots- just shy of 22,000 rounds.
Like the others scoped with slugs? only one choice.
I admit that it's not as awesome as some of us remember before they nerfed it, I'd say the current 10ga is still weaker than our 12g once was. I still remember my first slug hunt for browns on Hemm, dropped em at 120m like you hit them with the .340mag - Wouldn't try that today.

I think the 10ga with it's superior capabilities make up for some "not the greatest" shooting. I'm using it pretty much exclusively for birds because I'm maxed out on everything else. Not the least interested in the 16.
Sp3aker wrote:Also Im really sad that the Plat version of the 10g is the tournament prize and not be available for purchase(or will it? I'm still new and unsure how these things work yet) as it's beautiful.
As it has been in the past the answer is- if you want it? better go buy pants- When the game is over, that's it - gone -*POOF* You will see it in the store, it will be there and under it will always say "not buyable"
They did a great job on it no doubt.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

10 GA is trash, you don't need that extra power on goose/ducks more like over kill. :lol:
I still love the 12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun as it handles goose/ducks just fine + better open sights.
Not to mention 12 GA O/U shotguns have the best design for clay/duck shooting in RL.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Sp3aker

Post by Sp3aker »

Radamus wrote:
Sp3aker wrote:Also Im really sad that the Plat version of the 10g is the tournament prize and not be available for purchase(or will it? I'm still new and unsure how these things work yet) as it's beautiful.
As it has been in the past the answer is- if you want it? better go buy pants- When the game is over, that's it - gone -*POOF* You will see it in the store, it will be there and under it will always say "not buyable"
They did a great job on it no doubt.
Thats twenty dollars(CAD) for a gamble though at this point in the pricing. I can spend 40 and win but thats ridiculous for a skin, even with how badlly I want it. My main gripe is that I wish there were unique event prize skins for tournament winnings and not the the only premium versions of some guns as the prize. Will the 10g ever receive a purchasable premium after this? Probably not and the one it has will be forever locked behind the tournament wall. I understand it will make the item that much more unique and rare but if you were to have two versions, a premium and tournament exclusive, you have increased great upfront revenue plus additional revenue down the line of the premium continuing to sell.

Yea Im salty, I love the gun but not $40 for a 100% sure win sort of love.
ruichi

Post by ruichi »

10 ga for geese and 12g O/U for the rest. I rarely use the 12 ga pump anymore.

Return to “General Chat”