Hemmeldal advice

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Kelfezond

Hemmeldal advice

Post by Kelfezond »

Hey guys! Hoping to pick your brains about camouflage on Hemmeldal, I've always used the Army camo but recently I purchased the 3D Sneaky Winter set, and I can't decide which one is best. I've tried them both out and the army one seems to work better, but I'm pretty sure the 3D one should work better :/ Any advice?
Andhii
Scout

Re: Hemmeldal advice

Post by Andhii »

Army outfit is better. 3D gives slightly better visual cover but offers no scent or sound reduction, while the army outfit gives moderate scent reduction and some sound reduction.

http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Clothing

But in this game, camo matters so little if you know what you are doing.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

The army outfit has the advantage of working everywhere in the reserve while the 3D Sneaky Winter clothes only work in forest areas (not on clearings). As Andhii already said the 3D only offers visual camo, a little bit more than the army outfit, but no scent and sound reduction. The biggest downside of the army outfit is that it only works on deer species. In Hemmeldal that'd be roe deer, moose and reindeer. It does not offer any camo on brown bears, red foxes and ptarmigans.

So it does depend on your hunting style and what you are hunting. The wiki has a nice page that compares all clothing options with camo: http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Clothing
Image Image Image
Kelfezond

Post by Kelfezond »

Andhii wrote:But in this game, camo matters so little if you know what you are doing.
That's me out then :lol:
Essacksumra
Spotter

Post by Essacksumra »

I'd say go for the Outback camo, it works in all reserves giving you some sound,visual and scent reduction against all species
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Like Marc said, if you're not in the woods, winter forest doesn't do diddly- Bears are going to smell you or see you regardless- Roe are going to pick you out if you're in the open and they are stationary- Reindeer, Just don't move, they'll walk right up on you most times, but never underestimate a real trophy, they're the most acutely aware of their entire grouping no matter what animal. And moose, well, dumb as a stump as usual. And fox, well, my suggestion is always, better be up in a tree unless you're sniping with a rifle. At 100m they got your ass, if they're big? 30 plus? - got you even farther out than that :lol: ~ but winter camo in the forest is really good because of the facemask - it will let you get away with a little more movement. One way to see what happens is go out in a soccer outfit or just basic pants and T shirt and see what you can get away with. Then try something else and see if you notice the difference. There is some, but it's small numbers. The one exception would be the ghillie suit in summer forest reserves. Now that, as long as you don't move, that's something altogether different. In general though, I think camo plays more of a role with the really high scoring animals, the top ones more than the junk. I've seen a WT spot me like a turkey while his junk buddies never notice anything. I've seen Elk do the same, the really big ones are nothing like the average joe.
In all reality though, Andhii is telling it how it is. The actual effects are negligible.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

First the most simple thing to start, what are you hunting in Hemm?. Brown bear can be hunted in the VdB, where is easier to spot them and make good long shots, if you want a barrel for brown bears i think that reserve work better for you. Moose, if you are going after this beauty, WRR works better, again much more visibility and aplenty of moose. Roe, i prefer VdB again for this one, its easy to spot them in the river area and follow them in the forest. Fox the same... well as you can see pretty much all species can be hunted in other reserves more easily imho. So Hemmeldal is good for reindeer and ptarmigan.

Now if you like Hemmeldal for the environment i think the best all around clothes is the Bonne & Crocket, since gives good camo against deer no matter what or when, or the Outback that you already have, if you want use the winter camo then pick a few scent eliminator consumables and walk in crouch position whenever you are after a prey, whenever is possible actually, and start your hunts early because the sun can make the track domes in the snow areas almost invisible near the noon. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

It depends a lot on your hunting style, if you go rifle for medium to long shots camouflage doesn't matter to much as long you are a bit experienced, but if you go only bow/crossbow than I will recommend you the Sneaky Winter set. I'm using it and I have no problem taking down any species on the map at bow range. In the past I used b&c but I found that Sneaky Winter set gives me a better mobility (sneaking/crouching close to bears and foxes, without spooking them, is way much easier compared with other camouflage sets).Also having a good camouflage allows me to crouch towards the animal I called and not just wait for him to come (for me this is important because it cuts down a lot of the time I spend waiting, especially on long hunts, not to mention here that a snail come faster than a roe female to a call :) ). Camouflage coverage in Hemmeldal is ok, the open areas are not to big and you can find some trees pretty close were you can find coverage.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

unless it effects your health i just always use Boone and Crockett gear. the differences the other clothes make just arent worth it. or noticeable.reserves where the effects of heat or cold then obviously use whats needed.the rest no point.

Return to “General Chat”