In game camera

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BCKidd

In game camera

Post by BCKidd »

Is anyone else having problems with the game camera. I take scenic photo's but they never show up in my gallery. Jus' curious is all. :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: In game camera

Post by VonStratos »

I just went in a hunt and took some pictures with the camera, no problem and pics are in the gallery, however what you said has happened to me with trophy shots, i think it happens when you took the picture and go to the menu or inventory before it end uploading completely in the gallery.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Hey, you made me go look - I took one yesterday, the sun coming up looked cool - it's there man - The only thing I do out of habit, because it was once a problem with trophy shots being broken- I take the photo and watch the block in the corner that says uploading. When I push the button and it's uploading- I do nothing, absolutely nothing. Don't move, swap weapons or go to huntermate, do nothing. Since I've used this little routine I've never had a problem. Don't know if it does a damn thing, but consider this, you're transferring data, if you move, do something with inventory, you're then transmitting data as well. Once when we were getting a lot of "pic failed to load" errors, I started this- never had an issue since. I blame a lot of stuff on my ping, slow connection so I try to make it as easy on the system as possible - my small packets coming by way of the pony express, I try to keep it simple. With super fast connections, I don't think it matters. My brain thinks it matters is all I can say :D

Oh, and here's my picture :D

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

BCKidd wrote:Is anyone else having problems with the game camera. I take scenic photo's but they never show up in my gallery. Jus' curious is all. :? Peace.

BCKidd.
Have you ever tried using screen shots instead from another video capture program for better scenic photo's?
Fraps, STEAM, and some Name Brand Graphic Programs like Nvidia GeForce has it.

Otherwise,.. just make sure after you click for the Game Picture it gets done completely with the upload icon disappearing.
But even doing this I still rarely have lost some photos to the game Gallery, but it seems a copy will show up on my computer nearly every time.
But you can't transfer a copy to the game Gallery,.. which is a bummer.
You can however upload your Computer Screenshots to Imgur.com or other picture hosting site and then post them to the forum with bigimg if you want to.

Desktop/Owner/My Pictures/theHunter/Screenshots
Last edited by gas56 on July 9th, 2018, 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I'm runnin' window 10 64 bit, and I don't have the same folder as I did with win 7. In win 7 I could easily find my theHunter photos, windows 10 tho.' I ain't got a clue. I do have a theHunter folder but it is full of my comp ROE's word docs- no pics whatsoever. Maybe I should look in theHunter folder on my PC (hrd drv?). :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

BCKidd wrote:I'm runnin' window 10 64 bit, and I don't have the same folder as I did with win 7. In win 7 I could easily find my theHunter photos, windows 10 tho.' I ain't got a clue. I do have a theHunter folder but it is full of my comp ROE's word docs- no pics whatsoever. Maybe I should look in theHunter folder on my PC (hrd drv?). :? Peace.

BCKidd.
Look here if taking picture with print screen.
C:\Users\Your_username\Pictures\Screenshots.
Look here if taking game picture with game bar
C:\Users\Your_username\Videos\Captures

or try this to take video capture + screenshots while in games
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/863 ... -10-a.html
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks Gas. I have the stuff mentioned in tenforums- off. I'll try the C:\Users\..... Why though can I take trophy shots of critters still, but not scenery? Weird. :? Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

BCKidd wrote:Thanks Gas. I have the stuff mentioned in tenforums- off. I'll try the C:\Users\..... Why though can I take trophy shots of critters still, but not scenery? Weird. :? Peace.

BCKidd.
did you take the camera in your inventory? This is the best way to make beautiful landscape photos.

peace.
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I'm glad I found this thread again. I still haven't figured out where my scenic photos taken with the in game camera are going. Trophy shots all end up in the gallery- scenic casual photo's tho', are still a no go on my end. Is there a folder I could look in- does anyone have an answer to that... Fletchette... Or is it an idea to reinstall the game again and maybe get back a missing folder or somethin'? I even looked through my Steam folder and no pics there either. This has me totally disgruntled, I can't figure it out for the life of me. I put in a bug report around the same time that I made this thread, but it was ignored- likely 'cause I'm the only one having the issue. My OS is Win 10 Pro. Anyone have a clue...Fletchette... :? ;) Peace.

BCKIdd.

Keep it real!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

BCKidd wrote:I even looked through my Steam folder and no pics there either.
If you use Steam, you can easily take screenshots with the press of a key, it's F12 by default. Of course those pictures won't end up in your tH gallery either and they will include any HUD element shown while playing. But they have a much better resolution! :D

If you want to access the screenshots on your HD, go into your Steam library, right click on the game in question and select "View Screenshots" (or similar) from the menu. In the folder that opens, you can click on "Open on Local Drive" (or similar) and the Windows Explorer will open the folder with the pictures that you can easily move, delete or upload like any other JPG file.

As for the issue you're reporting, I haven't used the camera for a while, so I can't say if it works for me.
Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”