Motion Predator [And Turkey] Decoys

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Elrique64
Spotter

Re: Motion Predator [And Turkey] Decoys

Post by Elrique64 »

Radamus wrote:Hey, I wonder if this is like the bear barrels for example. Anyone tried picking the decoys up and resetting them? Since the ERR came in it looks like position data was skewed maybe? just a theory.

If this is what happened, to my simple mind it would make all the sense in the world- location coordinates exist for all of our "placed" equipment- feeders, ropes, decoys. It wouldn't explain the predator decoy but it might isolate one or the other, or do nothing.

After the ERR patch, most of my tents were tipped over. I picked them up and reset and solved that issue. Been fine since. This has happened before is why it seems familiar.

OK, gave resetting the decoys a try, picking them up al moving them a bit, then setting them back down. Had no discernable effect. Turkeys still beelined straight to the call, Yotes didn't stop at the spinner...

I had high hopes this would be a fix, at least short term. Thanks for the suggestion, in any case!
Our freedoms have been bought by the blood of our Veterans. Pay them back with love, kindness and support.

Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

Radamus wrote:Hey, I wonder if this is like the bear barrels for example. Anyone tried picking the decoys up and resetting them? Since the ERR came in it looks like position data was skewed maybe? just a theory.

If this is what happened, to my simple mind it would make all the sense in the world- location coordinates exist for all of our "placed" equipment- feeders, ropes, decoys. It wouldn't explain the predator decoy but it might isolate one or the other, or do nothing.

After the ERR patch, most of my tents were tipped over. I picked them up and reset and solved that issue. Been fine since. This has happened before is why it seems familiar.
Dumb question.... what exactly was the ERR patch?
After the last patch Friday morning (my time), I swear the motion decoy was still working. Was heavy into a yote comp that day.
Didn't know about the turkeys till yesterday.
Also according to previous post, moving decoys didn't work.
Sure hope they get this fixed..... I do a ton of yote and turkey hunting here.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

No, that's not the case this time. Usually I just carry a decoy with me and place it after getting a call, then I respond to the call. Didn't work - the fox came to my call, but wasn't interested in the decoy.
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Bluejay wrote:Dumb question.... what exactly was the ERR patch?
The extended render range (ERR) - Not a dumb ? ~

So my theories shot to hell again, what's new? :lol: ~ it was worth trying so at least that can be ruled out. the secret to finding what does work is eliminating what does not in a lot of cases :D

In a way, the fact the whippy tail didn't work kind of make sense that resetting wouldn't work since when it's placed, it's known location to the animals should register - I know scents are working so not all attractants are dead.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

Not a word about any fixes at all in the status update. None. Zilch. Got to see some nice rares and hear about the football comp but not a word about were they are on fixing some of these broken things. I know Graham is just filling in for Mat but some real info on the status of all these bugs would be nice in a Status Update.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

There are too many bugs to be disappointed about a single one not being fixed, I fear.

Though if they'd bring back the "personal best" function, I'd celebrate big time.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
pokie206
Hunter

Turkey Decoys

Post by pokie206 »

While hunting this turkey comp. this morning I noticed turkeys seem to be ignoring decoys. they do not go to them like they are not attracting like they should. Any one else seen this? :(
xOEDragonx

Re: Turkey Decoys

Post by xOEDragonx »

<Merged related topics>
pokie206 wrote:While hunting this turkey comp. this morning I noticed turkeys seem to be ignoring decoys. they do not go to them like they are not attracting like they should. Any one else seen this? :(
Several others have experienced the turkey decoys and motion predator decoy not currently working properly, so you are not alone. A bug report has been made for these items.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

It may be unrelated but the scent sprays seem to be acting the same way.
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Turkey Decoys

Post by Radamus »

pokie206 wrote:While hunting this turkey comp. this morning I noticed turkeys seem to be ignoring decoys. they do not go to them like they are not attracting like they should. Any one else seen this? :(
Nope- not working - Have to do it old skool like we used to - And scents I have used have worked but haven't used them all.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”