feeders being fixed

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
greylaghunter
Scout

feeders being fixed

Post by greylaghunter »

I red that the feeders were fixed my I filled my feral goat feeder waited until it was ready but after 3 hunts the most goats were there was 3 on the first hunt and 2 both hunts after ,have I been unlucky or has anyone else found this
BCKidd

Re: feeders being fixed

Post by BCKidd »

I read that if you pick up the feeder and place it again, this seems to correct the no animals showin' up. Give it a try. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Tod mentioned in the status update that he was able to fix his feeders by manually picking them up and placing them back down in the same spot. Sort of "resetting" them. Perhaps you should give this a try if your feeder doesn't seem like it's working still.

Edit: BCKidd beat me to it! ;)
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

I set up a brown bear feeder in Hemmeldal yesterday. Did a hunt today and it worked fine. Got 5 bears in the 1st game hour and 3 or 4 more before the end on my hunt 3 hours later.

g
Terzi1985
Scout

Post by Terzi1985 »

I can confirm that the goat feeders are still very much broken. I physically wen't and took of one feeder, placed it down again supposedly to reset something... Filled and waited 4+ hours. Now with two hunts, both times there were few goats around while I started, but when you shoot one and spook the rest, none of them will ever come back after the penalty time is over. I literally watched a big herd to roam pass me about 100 meters away, they absolutely did NOT react in any way to the feeder while the penalty time was over long ago. Once again little more money in baits and few hours of time spent for nothing.

I cannot even describe the level of frustration and tiredness for the situation. We have waited for many weeks and now when it was supposed to be fixed yet no, it still won't work any better at least for the goat feeder. And what's best, now they even got the predator motion decoy broken too!? A fox literaly walked into it without even knowing it was there, reading at the forum and yeah, it seems to gone broken too now. I can't even..... How they manage to mess up everything time and time again. Step up devs, please... Been there since 2011 but I'm steadily running out of reasons to hang in there anymore. I'm losing money every day in licenced days just waiting you guys to get your **** together and fix things to a level where the game is playable for things what I'm interested in.

EDIT:

Bear feeder barrels in Hemmeldal, picked up and placed down again earlier today, just like the one goat feeder, seems to work perfectly fine, they attract the bears and they come back sometime after being spooked and cooled down. Atleast that's something if the bear feeders work again. I'm gonna have to try what the hog feeders do, when I find some time for that.
Last edited by Terzi1985 on July 6th, 2018, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greylaghunter
Scout

Post by greylaghunter »

after three more hunts there has never been more than 3 goats at my feeder,so it seems that the goat feeder is still broken
wvmtman59
Spotter

Post by wvmtman59 »

Just went to my goat feeder and had 13 goats at it last night i went to it had 10 at it .
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

For the goat feeders, I've seen those be hot and cold. I set up 3 in places far far from each other- I never had goats on all 3 in the same hunt. I seemed to have at least 1 and most times 2 would have goats but never all 3. Seems to be way different than hog/bear the way they work.

As for the placement thing my theory is, when they implemented the ERR, they did this through some type of scaling technique which changed coordinates of world items- Might be all wet, but I think it makes sense based on this idea of picking them up and resetting. If memory serves me well, we've had to do this before. It's been a long time but I seem to remember it solved whatever the problem was at the time.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Radamus wrote:Seems to be way different than hog/bear the way they work.
The attraction radius of the goat feeders is just 150 meters, compared to the 250 meters of the bear/pig feeders. I assume that was made to balance the big size of goat herds. As you said, it's often hit-or-miss, but when you hit, you should see a lot of them.
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Well that would make a difference Marc, I didn't actually know the distance was so small. But yes, when they hit, they hit with lots of goats.
I have one spot that I'll go there and actually catch 1 or 3 walking towards it. I'll sit on a bluff and watch and they start coming until there's a dozen goats but they are never already there when I show up to it. It's a little different than the other 2 that either have goats or nothing.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”