Hit Boxes

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
mapache01
Outfitter

Re: Hit Boxes

Post by mapache01 »

Last night I shot a WB cow on Pica, bullet entry was above shoulder and was LUNG SHOT, I really think the shot was Body/shoulder blade also my friend says body, when we reach the blood track says lung-heart, she was dead some 100mts where I hit it (shot with .340WM), but hey no tracking for more than 20min so I was happy with that bug on this shot:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/mapa ... /614180582

I really avoid shot Coyotes/Wolf with Bow that's a complete mess and forever tracking on body shots when your shot should be Lung at 15-30mts, same with Turkey, I really miss the times when you shot 3-4 turkey on the roll with parker, now you shot ONE AT 40-60MTS and you have to wait another 20-30mins for they to return, you hit one at 20mts and there's 3-6 around and BYE BYE to all and just prepare to wait 30mins for they to return and if you're lucky the 2nd bigger return, It's really hard now to hit lung on turkey forget it if you want to hit heart! That's a really challenge now, even prone from front with scope you are lucky if you hit the heart of turkey 3 times in a roll, you aim same exact place and most is lung or body.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

INTIMID883R wrote: portable targets were just released. Lets see, what was it now 10/12/15 targets released, and not a one suitable for bow hunters, all designed for firearms. Never even a thought about making maybe 1 out of all those for bow hunters.
This is pretty surprising, considering how many bows there are in the game, and the popularity of long shots made with them. It was probably an oversight but it needs to be addressed. How long that will take is the question now.... A year? Two years? Or just sweep it under the carpet, forever? The clock is ticking.... :?
Konsilt

Post by Konsilt »

I came back to playing The Hunter after 3 years, earlier I was playing since 2010 and at first I didn't know what's about all these bugs people were spamming about on Steam and forum. Then I played for 2 weeks and I get it, some animals are truly messed up, all non deer species I would say. Especially bears. Even more surprising to me is how various weapons percorm in unecpected way. It seems nearly impossible to hit a lung from up close with .300 while it's possible with parker. However that's unlikely with turkeys.

What bothers me the most is the devs attitude, showing no interest for a long time, that's true for most bugs, another example is not being able to harvest. Two killer bugs that make me retire again in frustration.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

mapache01 wrote:Turkey, I really miss the times when you shot 3-4 turkey on the roll with parker, now you shot ONE AT 40-60MTS and you have to wait another 20-30mins for they to return, you hit one at 20mts and there's 3-6 around and BYE BYE to all and just prepare to wait 30mins for they to return and if you're lucky the 2nd bigger return, It's really hard now to hit lung on turkey forget it if you want to hit heart!
Turkey is certainly 5 times harder than it was when any hit with an arrow and "plop" they was dead, I do miss that. Now, a heart the size of an egg and lungs about the same as a strip of bacon, tough as hell for sure. But try this, a bird is coming in, it's generally going to pause about the 40m mark - This is where I prefer a shot with the Parker (and never do I fire at a moving bird) I prefer it so much so I'd rather have a 40-50m shot than a 15m shot because they are easier to drop. This seems ass backwards but it's not based on my theory (and could be so wrong a programmer just spewed Coke on his desk) is hitboxes change size and become smaller as they get closer and I'm not so sure they are bouncing around inside the wireframe of the animal as it's calculating position data under like 20m. - so try it and see what you think.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

I thought that my weapon was shooting beans...

Blacktail Deer (M) Score 159.645
Harvest value: 93.306
Weight: 88.25 kg (194.56 lbs)
Time of Harvest: 2018-12-02 01:15 UTC
Shots Hit: 1
Shot Distance: 41.57m (136.38ft)
Weapons Used: 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle

Exact frame of the shot(photo):
Spoiler:
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

OrLoko wrote:I thought that my weapon was shooting beans...

Blacktail Deer (M) Score 159.645
Harvest value: 93.306
Weight: 88.25 kg (194.56 lbs)
Time of Harvest: 2018-12-02 01:15 UTC
Shots Hit: 1
Shot Distance: 41.57m (136.38ft)
Weapons Used: 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle

Exact frame of the shot(photo):
Spoiler:

Probably hit a blade of grass and it sent the bullet off at an angle. I've heard and seen myself bullets missing the target because there was a bush or a leaf on a branch in the way. Trees wider than they actually are same with rocks. I always try and get a clear shot.
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

jim1975 wrote: Probably hit a blade of grass and it sent the bullet off at an angle. I've heard and seen myself bullets missing the target because there was a bush or a leaf on a branch in the way. Trees wider than they actually are same with rocks. I always try and get a clear shot.
What are you drinking? :shock:

I mean, did you see the picture? I was laying prone in the ground, the only thing on the way was grass, and even that, not sure if that change bullet trajectory, don't believe so, not with grass.
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

The report says "walking" that is a good aimed shot for static target, but probably in the moment you pull the trigger the deer walked a step messing the aim, But, with that rifle, that distance and that aiming it should have hit intestines and other stomach organs, not a simple body shot, this was a "hitboxes strike again" issue from what can be seen, it could help if there were a pic of where the bullet hole ended in the deer, but just to be clear, grass is purely aesthetic, and other solid objects even a little branch would have stop the bullet, not altered the angle. Sorry OrLoko, it seem you were another victim of the most despised bug right now in game.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

the 'hit box' thing has been going on for years with several different species...it should have bee addressed long ago...it seems that "taking proud in your work" is a long time past...once again,...sad..
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

OrLoko wrote:the only thing on the way was grass, and even that, not sure if that change bullet trajectory, don't believe so, not with grass.

I do and have seen it myself with the game. Anything is possible with the amount of bugs in the game.

Return to “General Chat”