Hit Boxes

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Hit Boxes

Post by INTIMID883R »

Gentlemen and Ladies that are producing and developing this game.

Could one or all of you please explain how in hell a bullet can go completely thru the vital cavity hitting nothing, but can hit liver/stomach/intestines.
It is way past time to get this fixed.

Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Hit Boxes

Post by DYEUZ »

I agree. Hitbox is in really bad shape ! For lots of species i've noticed , but mainly and more importantly , with Bears .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Genuine question, could it be that you shot between the lungs? You seem to have hit dead-center.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

INTIMID883R wrote:Gentlemen and Ladies that are producing and developing this game.

Could one or all of you please explain how in hell a bullet can go completely thru the vital cavity hitting nothing, but can hit liver/stomach/intestines.
Hah! You're asking a question to an invisible team right now.
IMO It may not even be the hitboxes affecting the hit but actually a bug where different trajectories of multiple bullets disperse radically of a mixture of old and new data that was
never taken out of the equation when figuring in the single bullet path. Well that's my guess, after shooting animals with a single shot and the bullet hits multiple area's on the animal.
Example: Aiming at the heart lung area the hit gets an intestine & head shot sometimes from a broadside animal stance. Or the worse case even three different hit areas from a single bullet on the target body.
Duh? ..... Impossible to happen but it does happen in the game........................... :lol:
These bugs seem to be all related to the same problem of a single bullets path.
So if you're waiting for an explanation from the team?,.. get ready for a long wait............ ;)
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

@gas56

Yeah I know, I have sent them many videos of the multiple hits with bows and firearms, and all the did was remove the visual impacts, leaving the multiple trajectories. Did not solve the problem for sure.

@TheSheWolf

My dear I don't know how many animals you have shot, but I can assure you there is no magic tunnel between the Lungs for any projectile to pass. Critters are simply not built that way.
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

That's a pretty common one too- there are more bizarre ones, but that' pretty easy to duplicate unfortunately.

This wasn't one of the multiple projectiles just hitboxes bouncing around inside the animals wire frame. That's why for me especially, the animal can not be moving at all but this will still happen. Magic bullets able to carve wound channels around vitals.

In reality, that bullet should have started to expand on impact, mushroom out and pile drive a crater of increasing traumatic disruption of vital life support systems rendering the target deceased before hearing the BOOM!

Update
Here ya go, another one just like it. Animal state- IDLE ` #7 in the hunt- crap wt average so probably saved me some time. Same damn thing but standing still Tony` it's horse doo doo.

So what happens is - bullet hits shoulder blade if too high in the basket -the bullet splits in 2 the 2 halfs travel out towards the hide, ricochet back after going around the lungs and heart then converge on a point lined up with his anus taking out everything from that point on. So it's like a "Polish Texas Heartshot" - no offense to the Pol's, actually our redneck jokes are funnier because they are mostly based on facts :lol:

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'm thinking we need to broadside/quartering or this is a risk.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Nope that won't necessarily work either, this shot was broadside aiming same place I made 19 other double lung shots in this hunt.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/inti ... /609821967
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Frontal shot on a moose renders this. It's like there's a void between the lungs.
Spoiler:
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

INTIMID883R wrote:Gentlemen and Ladies that are producing and developing this game.

like the magic bullet. It traveled around then back and to the left then....

Return to “General Chat”