Hit Boxes

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Hit Boxes

Post by VonStratos »

jim1975 wrote:
OrLoko wrote:the only thing on the way was grass, and even that, not sure if that change bullet trajectory, don't believe so, not with grass.

I do and have seen it myself with the game. Anything is possible with the amount of bugs in the game.

Actually you have a valid point there.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

VonStratos wrote:The report says "walking" that is a good aimed shot for static target, but probably in the moment you pull the trigger the deer walked a step messing the aim, But, with that rifle, that distance and that aiming it should have hit intestines and other stomach organs, not a simple body shot, this was a "hitboxes strike again" issue from what can be seen, it could help if there were a pic of where the bullet hole ended in the deer, but just to be clear, grass is purely aesthetic, and other solid objects even a little branch would have stop the bullet, not altered the angle. Sorry OrLoko, it seem you were another victim of the most despised bug right now in game.
Looks like it hit on the chest area, right where I was aim for...Don't have a clear picture, but I have this...
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yeah that should have hit lungs, and go straight into stomach area, was a good frontal shot from what i can see.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

VonStratos wrote:Yeah that should have hit lungs, and go straight into stomach area, was a good frontal shot from what i can see.
Kind frontal shot, I do have the picture in the exact moment/frame I fired it(I guess you already saw it on the spoiler of my post) and this gif was some frames after the aim recovery, beside that there's the weird "scared jump" the Buck does to turn around to start running...
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Post by VonStratos » 30 minutes ago

Sorry OrLoko, it seem you were another victim of the most despised bug right now in game.
Were all victims to this bug, god knows how many bugged shots like this I saw, unfortunately this bug was reported by some many peoples so many times and I never saw a fix and we will probably never see one, as long fixing this won't bring the company quick money like the new weapons and stuff they bring in the game, how many months passed since the release of the hound dog and is still bugged ? my credit card wasn't bugged when I paid for it, but it will be for sure from now on !

This one I got yesterday doing the Holiday mission...

OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

You know what's the funny thing? you try Call of the Wild and don't like because the META there is to shot on the spine, why? Not enough penetration, wrong placed hitboxes(compared with you already are used to on Classic) so you go back for the old classic, that you know, that you love, and start to having the same problem :lol:
STATS
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

HawkEye81 wrote:
Post by VonStratos » 30 minutes ago

Sorry OrLoko, it seem you were another victim of the most despised bug right now in game.
Were all victims to this bug, god knows how many bugged shots like this I saw, unfortunately this bug was reported by some many peoples so many times and I never saw a fix and we will probably never see one, as long fixing this won't bring the company quick money like the new weapons and stuff they bring in the game, how many months passed since the release of the hound dog and is still bugged ? my credit card wasn't bugged when I paid for it, but it will be for sure from now on !

This one I got yesterday doing the Holiday mission...

Ah. Working as intended I see. ;)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

I've also noticed that it seems near impossible to hit the swine species' and bear species' in the lungs. Also it seems that they forgot to add brainshot possibilities to most deer species.
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

ANOTHER ONE
Spoiler:
Should I have aimed lower or higher ? :lol:
Whitetail Deer (M) 168.387 Score Page Link
Spoiler:
STATS
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

OrLoko wrote:
Should I have aimed lower or higher ? :lol:
Higher. Where the 1st break in your vertical line is would have (should have according to the screwy anatomy of the animals) been a heart shot.

EDIT: Had that been a real deer your shot was good as it is. It would have nailed the heart. Took me awhile to learn to aim higher.

Return to “General Chat”