Hit Boxes

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
jim1975
Scout

Re: Hit Boxes

Post by jim1975 »

VonStratos wrote:the shot went to the leg, or so it seem, at the blue circle, i wont argue against that, the weird is that the crosshair is aiming at the chest, so the difference between were the crosshair is aiming and where the shot ended was the strange part, with a shot at so close distance,

Where is the recoil from the gun? The gif is after the gun has fired as there is no recoil in the scope. How long after the hit was the gif done is why I asked for a before through to after shot.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

jim1975 wrote:
VonStratos wrote:the shot went to the leg, or so it seem, at the blue circle, i wont argue against that, the weird is that the crosshair is aiming at the chest, so the difference between were the crosshair is aiming and where the shot ended was the strange part, with a shot at so close distance,

Where is the recoil from the gun? The gif is after the gun has fired as there is no recoil in the scope. How long after the hit was the gif done is why I asked for a before through to after shot.
That is a good question, that gif is covering the whole shot moment? from the instant before, while and after shooting, or is just after? and how long after, i feel like if we were trying to solve a murder case here. :)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

VonStratos wrote:
jim1975 wrote:

That is a good question, that gif is covering the whole shot moment? from the instant before, while and after shooting, or is just after? and how long after, i feel like if we were trying to solve a murder case here. :)

Shot at 1:44
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

Thank you for the video.

I would say you aimed a little low for lungs. As for trying to hit a heart at that angle plus it's walking I wouldn't have attempted at it myself. But then again I'm not very good at just hitting the heart so I always aim a little higher and go for lungs. TBH though I'm surprised you didn't get 1 lung from looking at where you pulled the trigger but then it was walking. Have a look at these pics I managed to get from your video. Look how much the deer moves especially it's head in just a split second. That's a lot of movement in less than a second. They are in order from top to bottom and the bottom one being after the shot has hit.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ah that video is a much better source to see how it was the shot, well was in MP? because there was that classical chat from MP notifying the shot, if was in mp well mp is a little more messy than sp or so i have heard, i don't do mp, but in this case i agree the shot went a little lower in the moment of press the mouse and pull the trigger, and that + ping+ a moving target made a shot than was in body, near a leg or so, now with all i could say you were lucky because body shots in areas like legs usually need a second shot to take down the animal, they aren't lethal sometimes. Now i don't rule out that the hitboxes may have been messed too, but i agree with jim1975 that the movement of the animal in that split second may be the guilty of this strange harvest. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

Yes, was lucky...I though that it would at least pierce the right lung if I missed the heart, but no problem....going try improve those shots :P
just like someone commented on the video, instead of using the forum...
M. Besoins wrote:Face the reality, all your weapon stats show the same trend: poor aim.

Looks like I was not born perfect... :o
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
HPitte
Spotter

Post by HPitte »

HawkEye81 wrote:I was helping a friend with a big horn mission- heart shot, and I just want to remember that animals hit boxes are still so damn bad, here is an example https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/hawk ... /614101907
I shot this one at 13 meters while I was prone, all most perfect front shot, animal state idle (wasn't moving at all) aimed at hearth and I got only a body hit, no other organs .Mosin Nagant at 13 m hitting only body is just a Laughing matter, but we are not laughing, it's just frustrating to see this, maybe we should start trowing rocks at them to get better results? At least it would be much cheaper regarding that I paid for this weapon and scope real money !!!!!
Another shot at 20m with SxS 16G bucksot, broad side was only a body shot also.Both animals drop on spot with 100% harvest value with no organs hit...
I remember in the past getting weird results from time to time from shots but lately it's worst and worst and not only on big horn sheep (which by the way they still Don't a have sound when they fight and this was reported on bugs https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... nd#p930167 Five months ago with Zero results :( )
I've seen on Mp servers more and more ppls complaining (to say it kindly) about the number of game bugs and the time needed for a fix.Don't got me wrong we all like and want new content but most of us will prefer to see the existing one fixed before something new, I know new stuff brings more income for EW and that is needed for the existence of the game in the future but you guys over there should have some priorities and they should start with the present bugs and player complains and after that move to new stuff!!!
I've heard other players saying that they had stopped paying for anything in the game until they see the game and current bugs fixed and even thought I just recently brought few new items and a one year subscription I'm thinking to do the same in the future, I can only speak in my name but I guess others might share my thoughts when I'm saying that we need the Stuff for what We Paid and continue paying to work!!!
Heart shots, or any organs being hit at all, is still a BIG problem with Bighorn Sheep. Even when you know 100% that you should have at least hit one organ with a well-placed shot, even when using the most powerful rifles, even under 10m, even when you're a well-seasoned theHunter:Classic player, and even with all four of these factors combined.

And even after FOUR YEARS and six days since HawkEye81's post above.

Return to “General Chat”