Hit Boxes

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
jim1975
Scout

Re: Hit Boxes

Post by jim1975 »

OrLoko wrote:Looks like it hit on the chest area, right where I was aim for...Don't have a clear picture, but I have this...

I see a bullet wound in it's leg. Looks like the bullet hit where I have put a blue circle. What would be cool is to see just before you shoot through to when the bullet hits. But it looks like it hit low in the scope.

OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

jim1975 wrote:
OrLoko wrote:Looks like it hit on the chest area, right where I was aim for...Don't have a clear picture, but I have this...
I see a bullet wound in it's leg. Looks like the bullet hit where I have put a blue circle. What would be cool is to see just before you shoot through to when the bullet hits. But it looks like it hit low in the scope.
For me it's looks like it's above the legs where the legs meet the chest, you can see that in the gif, he turn, his legs is behind the chest and you still can see the bullet mark
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

The shot is low, period.
Must've been at considerable range.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

low shot should of been body. can clearly see where it hits. dont get the confusion with it.low right leg wouldnt hit any vitals.so body.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

But the animated gif show that the aim is centered at the right place at the moment of the shot, how ended in a leg? i could understand it with a long distance shot and bullet drop, but if i haven't read bad this was a 40 meters. And from my experience a leg shot usually wont die and need a second shot to get the job done. or hours literally to see it die, and if was with an arrow.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

so many factors. i played mp with some on here with hitreg issues. some have very low fps. fps i wouldnt even turn a pc on . like 15-20 then add in a bad connection like 200-300 ping. that matters. not saying there isnt hitreg issues but you have to have all the boxes ticked before you say it isnt a contributing factor. you have a bad internet connection that 200ms = your shot isnt going where you think it is.

the gif shows that its a body low leg shot clear as day. what is there to dispute about that ? if you on high fps above 60fps with good fps and good connection and you get this then i would be asking questions. this is one reason to have kill cams. often many people will swear its a clean shot when its not. doing so means the user who took the shot wasnt accurate . so its easier to blame the game. not saying there isnt issues but most of the time its just the user missing and just doest want to admit its a miss or bad placed shot.

if you shoot exactly middle chest why would you expect a lung shot ? in this GAME. its not a lung its going to be liver or backend.cause you missed the lungs.if its front on anywhere but middle you probably going to hit the lungs. the thing is many go for heart shots front on miss it expect lung cause they missed but get body or intestine or liver. thats cause you placed a bad shot. not hitboxes.

you really need to get when a weird shot happens what the player is

pc spec
internet connection
single player
mp
distance
experience.

then you can rule out if a issue or just a bad shot.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

There is a lot of factors to consider indeed, ping being a very important and sometimes forgotten, what got me confused is this image:

the shot went to the leg, or so it seem, at the blue circle, i wont argue against that, the weird is that the crosshair is aiming at the chest, so the difference between were the crosshair is aiming and where the shot ended was the strange part, with a shot at so close distance, it could have been a hitboxes issue, a ping issue, a little movement in the mouse at the instant of press the shot button, but where the crosshair is and where the bullet went seems strange to me, but again, there is a lot of things that may be the cause, i have had shots that HM mark as lung shot and then change to intestine so, well, at least OrLoko manager bag the deer.

ImageImage
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Or it.could be just range plus wind.
He is using the high power scope, so don't get fooled by how close the deer looks to be.
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

BuiuRei wrote:Or it.could be just range plus wind.
He is using the high power scope, so don't get fooled by how close the deer looks to be.
Blacktail Deer (M) Score 159.645
Harvest value: 93.306
Weight: 88.25 kg (194.56 lbs)
Time of Harvest: 2018-12-02 01:15 UTC
Shots Hit: 1
Shot Distance: 41.57m (136.38ft)
Weapons Used: 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle
That is the OrLoko post about this shot, 41 meters, that is what i feel something went wrong, if were a 300meter shot, then ping + animal movement would have been my first guess, but with that rifle and that distance it just suspicious, that's why my first guess was hitboxes bug. ;)

ImageImage
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Sorry, I missed that.
Then if it's on single player, definitely something foul is at play.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”