Frustrated...Bait Sites

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Sniper3

Frustrated...Bait Sites

Post by Sniper3 »

What's the point in having bait sites if they don't work correctly. I've re-filled 2 different hog sites last night spent gms to get the bait then spend ems to actually fill them. This morning go to hunt them and not 1 hog at them tried 4 different times they seems to be eating the bait but the feeders don't keep them in the area.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Frustrated...Bait Sites

Post by DYEUZ »

My question to you : What's the point in filling them , when you know they are not working ?
You'll have to either , stalk the baitable animals or go hunt something else , until its fixed .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Personally, I think since we have this back and forth goin on with EW, where it’s been pointed out left and right that there is a problem with the feeders, vids made, etc, and EW still claiming that they cannot replicate it on their side and see nothing wrong (you know, because 3000 people saying one thing and 5 EW employees saying another, must mean we have at least 3000 stupid people LOL...Am kidding, relax), but I think that all of the feeders and bait should be temporarily removed from the store and unvailable for purchase until the situation is rectified. It’s only right. At this very moment, people are unknowing spending money on something that currently does not work, and that’s bad form. Just a suggestion, but I think it would be for the best for now. What’s worse is that the feeders were just on sale, unless my memory is playing tricks on me.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Not a bad idea BNB . I would do it this way also: Until this bait system is returned to what it should do , to how it was originally intended to be , all bait related items should be on sale . Anybody that wants to stack up for use , in a near or far future , would beneficiate a little .
And i don't mean 10% off !!!

Also, people need to stop filling them and then start to complain . Unless they are the ones included in your 3000 !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

DYEUZ wrote:Not a bad idea BNB . I would do it this way also: Until this bait system is returned to what it should do , to how it was originally intended to be , all bait related items should be on sale . Anybody that wants to stack up for use , in a near or far future , would beneficiate a little .
And i don't mean 10% off !!!

Also, people need to stop filling them and then start to complain . Unless they are the ones included in your 3000 !
I get what you are saying Serge, but the problem being is that EW would STILL be selling and making money off a broken product, which is wrong on many levels. What happens when you go to the store and you buy a TV, and you bring it home, turn it on and find out that all the pixels are busted? You certainly don't keep it and wait for someone from the company to come to your house and fix it, right? No, normally you return it for a refund or replacement, right then and there :D And I know you certainly wouldn't still buy that TV if the tag said "Currently doesn't work, but if you buy it we'll send a technician out to fix it when they are back from vacation!" :D :D Not everyone that plays the game frequents the forums, here or Steam or elsewhere. And new players joining the game, along with the others I mentioned, would be unknowingly giving their money for something that is not working as they are led to believe. So even having them available to stock up on would not work out very well, unless it is made perfectly clear that the bait sites and bait currently do not work as intended. What company in their right mind would add that phrase to a product they are selling? And lets face it, how many people actually read, right? LOL. You know what I mean? Its just better to remove them from sales altogether until the situation is rectified IMO ;)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I get the point that selling stuff that doesn't work as intended has a bitter taste and shouldn't be done, but at least the bear barrels and bait are still worth the money for me - even though they are a little different than before the ERR update. I know it's a bug and the bears should come directly to the barrel, but I still think it's worth the bait to attract bears and lure them into render range.

Don't know about pig or goat feeders though - never tested them since the update in question.
Image Image Image
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

The last time they got "broke" they gave the same excuses for taking so long to fix them. It was at least 6 months if not more that time. I've just quit spending money on the game. I used to spend quiet a bit on it and didn't mind supporting it, but support has to work both ways, and Tanngnjostr is right about the bitter taste about selling things that they KNOW aren't working.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
wvmtman59
Spotter

Post by wvmtman59 »

I think if everyone send a email to support asking for their money they have spent on memberships and bait barrels and feed you bought you would prob not get it back but maybe they would at lest they would sit up and notice it.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

wvmtman59 wrote:I think if everyone send a email to support asking for their money they have spent on memberships and bait barrels and feed you bought you would prob not get it back but maybe they would at lest they would sit up and notice it.
I'm sure they already know we want compensation. Since i started playing thehunter in 2013 between 2 accounts the only compensation i've seen was adding 1 day of membership to people because the servers were down for a day. And the only thing i've seen them give for free was the 12ga single shot and the 454 handgun for people playing during the whiterime release.
Nathan22Outdoors
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

Nathan112244 wrote:
wvmtman59 wrote:I think if everyone send a email to support asking for their money they have spent on memberships and bait barrels and feed you bought you would prob not get it back but maybe they would at lest they would sit up and notice it.
I'm sure they already know we want compensation. Since i started playing thehunter in 2013 between 2 accounts the only compensation i've seen was adding 1 day of membership to people because the servers were down for a day. And the only thing i've seen them give for free was the 12ga single shot and the 454 handgun for people playing during the whiterime release.
and some towers for special missions
and the hunter extra equipment dlc on steam

so not completly fair from your side

on the other hand compensation for this mess must happen

Return to “General Chat”