English Hunting Outfit vs Doc Monsignor

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: English Hunting Outfit vs Doc Monsignor

Post by Ravenousfox »

lowby wrote:Have not like the direction this game is going for a while and this kind of thing is a part of the dislike Iam starting to have even gone so far that I have not played the game in about a week.
+1
Yeah m8 I can understand how ya feel.
I haven't been playing as much either.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

So you're frustrated because EW releases a new set of clothing that you don't like? I'll be honest: I don't quite understand this. It's not like the English Hunting Outfit was a big game changer. Let's agree that it's an expensive version of the Doc Monsignor clothes that provides a little extra for rabbits - doesn't seem too OP to me. There's already two variants of the Doc clothes, there was never any need to buy both of them except for looks. Actually I think there was never any need to buy clothes at all. ;) Just like no one would have to buy three versions of the Pulsar bow - unless you're a collector or like to have different looks for it.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but still I would love to understand why something like this makes you want to play less...
Image Image Image
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

I went to a department store the other day, and saw the weirdest thing....In most sections there were products that functionally did the same or almost the same thing. They really only had different styling. Almost like they were trying to give me a choice of which one I liked best. Like a personal preference thing.

Then I went to a grocery store, and again, there were countless variations of basically the same products. Like 15 different brands of tooth paste, and dozens of different flavors of potato chips, and even several different bottles of water. I mean, what was in them was the same, it was just water....So weird.

Then I went to several car dealerships, and you know what I found? Dozens of different models of cars to choose from. In the end, they all pretty much do the same thing, you get in and drive them from point A to point B. They all had engines and steering wheels, and tires, etc.. Most of the differences were really just stylistic or slight performance differences that don't really matter 99% of the time.

It's so weird that manufacturers think we need all of these choices.

And what is with the music industry? Do we really need millions of different songs? Why not just have one song? After all, music is just music. Can't we all just like and listen to the same song? All the time? Think of how much easier that would be for the radio stations. :P

Sorry, I got lost a bit....Now what was this thread about?
Personal Bests...
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I would love to understand why something like this makes you want to play less...
I am personally a bit disappointed in this update. I love this game and it's by far the one game I spend the most on. The gear on its own looks smashing, hands down. But EW stated many times to have limited time and resources as they are a small dev team. So I completely fail to understand why they launch something in the game we already have times two. Like I said its a sexy piece of kit, but it adds nothing. The Price being a rough 30% more to the Doc Sets grind me a little bit more. I think if EW had its limitations that we can do with some new gear that actually adds to things, there are numerous of suggestions on what players like to see implemented. I think that is the thing that makes me the most weary.

If they want to make more money, resell the old Jambouree stuff :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

rhapsodaisical wrote:But EW stated many times to have limited time and resources as they are a small dev team.
That's right, but I would assume that there's a roadmap that takes into account free resources in the different departments at any time. A new set of clothes, for example, will probably use the resources in the "graphics/3d artist department" (don't know how they call this) and not need much of programming power. So while the artists are busy with the clothes, the programmers can do other stuff like fix bugs or prepare new features that are more reliant on code.
rhapsodaisical wrote:If they want to make more money, resell the old Jambouree stuff :)
Yeah, I'd probably buy the German cap a second time and revel in the good old times... :?
Image Image Image
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Tanngnjostr wrote:While the artists are busy with the clothes, the programmers can do other stuff like fix bugs or prepare new features that are more reliant on code.

It still doesn't make sense to re-skin something, no matter how awesome it looks. Invest time in a new item instead. Even some new t-shirt would be an addition.
Yeah, I'd probably buy the German cap a second time and revel in the good old times... :?
Mind you, the influx of new player with money has increased or at least changed in the last two years! There are plenty who want to smash some Ems on Doc's Shed sales. Besides who wants a Germany cap now... :D (Id still buy me a Dutch one though!)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

rhapsodaisical wrote:
Mind you, the influx of new player with money has increased or at least changed in the last two years! There are plenty who want to smash some Ems on Doc's Shed sales. Besides who wants a Germany cap now... :D (Id still buy me a Dutch one though!)
I agree that it would be a good idea to sell the old stuff too. I was just trying to make a joke about the German team. ;)
Image Image Image
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Holland nicht dabei! :D (i remember Stefan Raab joke).
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Eraser_SK wrote:Holland nicht dabei! :D (i remember Stefan Raab joke).
STILL!! :evil: :evil:

:)
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

I was shooting Roe and Red deer last night feeling like an English prince until I spooked off fox and boar and pheasant.... Back to the tent! Change. Now they cant see me...Im like predator.....Not what the fox said.....

Return to “General Chat”