English Hunting Outfit vs Doc Monsignor

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

English Hunting Outfit vs Doc Monsignor

Post by Ravenousfox »

What's the point of the Doc Monsignor Outfit now?
This new English Hunting Outfit has same stats as Doc Monsignor against deer but also benefits against rabbit.
Why make a previous set (Doc Monsignor) completely meaningless to own now?

Will this trend continue with other sets of clothing?
For example make owning the Boone & Crockett pointless if another new set can do the same but benefit more vs other species.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: English Hunting Outfit vs Doc Monsignor

Post by VonStratos »

Not the same stats(unless doc mons, got changed).

Checked, they are the same you are right, but i could swear the stats in Doc Monsignor were "good vs deer" not above moderate, that was the difference...but as you pointed now it has no point other than aesthetics.

Edit: this was a really bad movement from EW, i like the new suit, but i don't like this new one making irrelevant and obsolete my Doc Monsignor clothes, who is gonna buy it and why? maybe the Doc could get a rework and give the same bonus against pheasant or upland birds to compensate, it would make sense and would make both sets useful.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

I never want to buy Doc Monsignor clothes... i was fine with Boone & Crockett or for occasion i have 3d sneaky for every map.... i have also Outback clothes. Doc Monsignor clothes are still cheaper solution vs. English Hunting Outfit... 844 vs. 684. But i must say even Outback clothes not work very well against rabbits, its fine but English Hunting Outfit will be for me finally solution... 3d sneaky was tricky with camo only in certain areas. But 884 is overpriced i better wait for some discount... Now im unable to buy em$ so i cant anyway :)
but i could swear the stats in Doc Monsignor were "good vs deer" not above moderate, that was the difference...
nope it was not: http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Clothing
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I've not looked at the stats of both sets, but hasn't it been this way with new items for a while? In order to sell new stuff, you'll have to make it slightly more "powerful". It's the same with rifles if you ask me: When the 7mm rifles were released some years ago, they made a lot of older rifles obsolete. Then came the .30R - even better in most areas! So why would someone buy a - say - 8x57 nowadays? In the end it comes down to personal preference, or looks, or (as in my case) OCD! :D

The Doc Monsignor still seems to have an advantage when it comes to the price by the way.
Image Image Image
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I didnt understand this move as well. There are already two set of this.

I'm all for themed hunts, Loggers point in that outfit with a 16ga and .270 but the bundle price is ridiculous!
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Well to each his own taste
While on subject do we need 30 or so guns ??

Same answer
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

abslayer wrote:Well to each his own taste
While on subject do we need 30 or so guns ??

Same answer
What! we always need more hunting guns..
The only time I wear a suit and sneek up to a deer is when it is on the plate! Flame Broiled Venison Ribeye, tastes so good!
And I don't get dressed up very often for people to see me that way.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well yes after check the price tag there is a difference in favor of the good old Doc, still i think they could made a new suit that doesn't override another, still i get the idea, they need to sell new items to make income to keep the game running, i probably will buy the clothes, but in a sale, when they are cheaper than the bundle, yes, i like to look fancy when hunting rabbits and evil birds(aka pheasants), so pleas EW make a suit with bonus against pheasants and ptarmigans, after all we have 2 Doc Monsignor suits.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I can't fault EW for bringing this outfit to market. It will appeal to some and generate revenue. Good for them. Personally, I'd just rather wear Levi's. ;)

But now that you mention it, I sure wish they would reevaluate their 'camo' sets, like where and how they work. They're too complicated, inconsistent, and ineffective almost half the time on any given map. It's a mess. KISS, EW, KISS!

Spoiler Alert!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Spoiler:

Keep It Simple Stupid.
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Have not like the direction this game is going for a while and this kind of thing is a part of the dislike Iam starting to have even gone so far that I have not played the game in about a week.

Return to “General Chat”