hard to earn Gm$ these day's

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: hard to earn Gm$ these day's

Post by Fletchette »

Mackie2112 wrote:However, if you are going to place a mission pack and I have to buy a specific weapon to progress the mission sequence that feels shady. My solution would be offer a GMS way to rent the weapon for the length of the hunt. This would help people who cannot afford to own all the required weapons or gear needed to finish a mission sequence. And increase the GMS in regard to those sequences so renting the weapon doesn't take you 2 steps back earning GMS for consumables.
They allow you to have another player that does own the weapon help you complete the mission. Just have the other person kill the animal in a MP game, and you harvest it. Simple as that.
Last edited by Fletchette on June 24th, 2018, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Bests...
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Fletchette wrote:
VonStratos wrote:However, if you are going to place a mission pack and I have to buy a specific weapon to progress the mission sequence that feels shady. My solution would be offer a GMS way to rent the weapon for the length of the hunt. This would help people who cannot afford to own all the required weapons or gear needed to finish a mission sequence. And increase the GMS in regard to those sequences so renting the weapon doesn't take you 2 steps back earning GMS for consumables.
They allow you to have another player that does own the weapon help you complete the mission. Just have the other person kill the animal in a MP game, and you harvest it. Simple as that.
Just for the sake of clarification that quoted part is from Mackie2112 ;) I have been thinking that we could get a weekly mission where the meat were important, so the integrity of the prey were an objective and run weekly with a very minimal but constant gms prize, like 300gms, just for keep some consumables but not interfere with the ems purchase, something like "Doc need moose meat this week for x reason, so go and get 3 moose with over500kg and 100% trophy integrity" the animal may change weekly with the rotation too so guest be able to complete the mission. i think trophy integrity is not very important usually, and irl many people use all that can get from a harvested animal so it could fit with Doc that we hunt and sell the meat to him.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

VonStratos wrote:Just for the sake of clarification that quoted part is from Mackie2112 ;)
Oops. :oops: ...Corrected in my comment above, but obviously I can't correct where you quoted my quote....ah, of his quote.
Personal Bests...
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

being new I did not know we could do missions together in that way and if I killed something for my brother who didn't own the specific weapon it could count for him. I do see where health of the game financially is a concern here. However, limiting the rental time of the weapon would negate it. I do see where the missions are also an incentive to invest in the game and that I didn't know I could assist with my armory may have made my commentary come off a bit off base. I believe in supporting a game i love that provides good clear content. Whether that in the form of subscription or cash shop items to a degree that the cash shop does not put me on a higher playing field or pay to win scenario which this game does not. Thank you for the insight into missions. i can help my friends and brother i have invited to the game.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Weapon rental, even if they decided they wanted to go down that route, would not be as straight forward to implement as just temporarily assigning a weapon to that player's inventory. They would have to disable skill progression for that weapon, as well as rank and achievement contributions. They would also need to avoid the function that automatically assigns 3 boxes of ammo and sets it to replenish. So, whilst possible, there would be a number of things to take into consideration. All somewhat moot though, since I very much doubt it will ever happen.
haruorhs
Spotter

Post by haruorhs »

I saw that in the past this type of event, where the prize of a competition was Gm$
https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/21553

Sorry for my bad groin googletradutor :D
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

haruorhs wrote:Sorry for my bad groin... :D
That's way too much information, and we're probably not the ones you should be apologizing to... :?
Personal Bests...
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

We could have all kinds of new missions with all the new stuff in the last year or more.

I'd like to see a "Big Bore" set with all the newest large hole barrels from shotgun to rifle and pistol. yeah, the missions sets are meant to use most of the available weapons and other equipment, saw that right off the bat in the beginning but that's how it is. The ability to work with others on them is a nice workaround for those who don't have certain things. People have always been more than willing to help.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I remember that one of my first weapons was the PP and i was delighted because it came with a set of mission, same with the B&C camo set, doing that missions made me feel like i was part of a club or something, i think it would be really nice for weapon sales if every weapon or at least the most of the got their own set of missions, and of course pack of missions without equipment required, but with less gms as reward, like the easy going travel missions.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

caledonianblues wrote:Weapon rental, even if they decided they wanted to go down that route, would not be as straight forward to implement as just temporarily assigning a weapon to that player's inventory. They would have to disable skill progression for that weapon, as well as rank and achievement contributions. They would also need to avoid the function that automatically assigns 3 boxes of ammo and sets it to replenish. So, whilst possible, there would be a number of things to take into consideration. All somewhat moot though, since I very much doubt it will ever happen.
As I've suggested MANY times before to EW...
All they need to do is have every weapon available to try at shooting ranges regardless if you own the weapon or not.
That way you can try out the weapon to see if you like it then make a decision on purchasing or not.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox

Return to “General Chat”