hard to earn Gm$ these day's

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: hard to earn Gm$ these day's

Post by Radamus »

I got you perfectly Strandjutter! And I'm in the same boat. Used to buy all the same stuff that way too but man, I don't know about buying that reset. Some of those I don't want to do over again :lol: ... but I think, at some point I may just do that. And even if they release ptarm missions, I'll never ever ever do them. I spent almost 2 hours trying to find one damn winged rat on WRR for the multi species comp, I was so mad. Those make finding rams a piece of cake.

camping supplies is my big one, and medkits - But I've learned to be conservative since I have to use EM to buy the 50 pack every now and then. I won't FT if I'm more than 1km away so I only use one.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

@strandjutter My suggestion; Just keep plugging at the missions until they're done, no other way about it, and then reset. Personally, I love the missions and am so glad they exist, mainly for two reasons; 1) I abhor and decline on paying real money for expendables, including bait, and 2) I like having a purpose to my hunts, something to "shoot" for rather than just randomly wandering about. I'm not big on the churning wheel of ridiculous EW comps, so most of my hunting is done leisurely, with missions being my starting point. Since they're "non-critical" types of hunts, I sometimes allow myself to get distracted when seeing a nice track/animal, and just let the hunt take me away from the mission because it's really no loss. The way I see it, I'm spending my real money on the fun of the missions(the cost of the resets), rather than simply replacing the cost of the expendables. I've been playing for about two and a half years, finished all the packs during the week of my one year anniversary, and am now on my second run with eight packs left before I reset for the second time. If you're not keen on doing them, try grabbing a friend who also needs/wants to get some missions done. Again, since it's a leisurely hunt, there's no comp pressure and having a hunting buddy can make it seem like less of a chore and much more fun. This also helps when you run across missions that require specific equipment that you don't own but someone else does, since you only need to be the harvester of the animal for it to count. One other benefit of the missions is that they "force" you to hunt a whole lot of different animals, some you may not have a lot of animal skill exp with, which can make it really handy for leveling them up if/when a nice comp does show up which includes those "less-skilled animals".

@Vilkatta EW does seem to take their sweet time with releasing new mission packs. It's the same with the travel packs, too; no Whiterime Ridge, no Timbergold Trails, no Piccabeen Bay, and what ever happened with Logger's Point and Bushrangers Run? For that matter, what about weapons packs? It seems that once upon a time, EW and/or Emote had licensing agreements with a few companies, but they have gone the way of disco. Regardless of RL weapons/licensing, it would be fantastic to see other weapons get their own packs. It seems like a no-brainer to me; make mission packs to increase interest in this or that animal, reserve or weapon, and everyone wins. EW doesn't even have to spend the time/$ to actually think them up, all they have to do is hold a contest and choose, ez. I haven't been around a long time compared to others, but to me it seems like things have have gotten worse in this area, sadly.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Many missions require a certain weapon or equipment, so if someone can just do mission that will end at a pool of 7k gms, then resetting by 800ems, but if someone have equipment already and can complete a lot of mission for lets say a total of 50k gms then may be reasonable imho to reset, that amount is a lot of consumables and/or taxidermy, i hate to spend ems on consumables so y keep doing missions and i still have over 23k gms in bank after spending lots in band aids, camping supplies and such , and some missions are tedious, but for the most part they are fun to do, and give some sense of purpose when you enter a hunt without no special objective in mind.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Commanche
Spotter

Post by Commanche »

Not a fix but adding missions for the few animals still missing might lessen the pain. Polar bear, bobcat, ptarmigan, Piccabeen etc.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

In the past they gave some material by buying 5,000 em$.
They could give away 10,000 gm$ by buying 5,000 em$ or buying the license for a year.
It would be an idea
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

buy mission reset... and you will be fine with gm$
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Reset the missions to get $Gm money?
Then I would have to re-do all the old missions to get it. Been there, done that.
No thanks,... Why would I want to use the time doing old missions when there is other hunting I need to do.
New Missions always came out before to earn $Gm money, but I caught up to all of them a long time ago.
I think there has been some slack now for awhile in the mission department releases. And now Summertime is here and the short end of the activity is also with less help around.
New Gun missions, New Animal missions, Travel missions, and anything missions.
And Buying new Guns for new Gun missions would give some revenue back to the game.
Well where are they?
When a mission does very seldom come out now the $Gm earned doesn't last long enough afterwards because I am using part of the $Gm money earned to finish the mission.
Cha ching...... $Em drop time again......... :lol:
Well it's really not funny the way it's working now............ :cry:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

VonStratos wrote:Many missions require a certain weapon or equipment, so if someone can just do mission that will end at a pool of 7k gms, then resetting by 800ems, but if someone have equipment already and can complete a lot of mission for lets say a total of 50k gms then may be reasonable imho to reset, that amount is a lot of consumables and/or taxidermy, i hate to spend ems on consumables so y keep doing missions and i still have over 23k gms in bank after spending lots in band aids, camping supplies and such , and some missions are tedious, but for the most part they are fun to do, and give some sense of purpose when you enter a hunt without no special objective in mind.
You speak from my soul, exactly the way I see it, I have roughly 1/2 of the missions done and buy medikits, camping stuff etc with it... but still have ca. 40k ....but you are right when it gets down to 25k do a few missions and bolster the bank however the thought of a rest and going after Roos with a Longbow again... uuuggghhh :roll:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

Im pretty new here. Full disclosure, I have disposable income and do not mind getting EMS to support the games life and production and in doing so also help the hunting guests or others who do not have this luxury. I have done 65 out of 485 available missions and have 34k Gm, I've earned more but i spent some on consumables, of which GMS are great and what i like to use them for to save my EMS for gear and weapons. In my opinion a reset is very much worth it when all missions are completed to the the extent that you can get them done. What I do not like, is animal missions gated behind a weapons purchase. Weapons with missions are an incentive to purchase and thats fine. However, if you are going to place a mission pack and I have to buy a specific weapon to progress the mission sequence that feels shady. My solution would be offer a GMS way to rent the weapon for the length of the hunt. This would help people who cannot afford to own all the required weapons or gear needed to finish a mission sequence. And increase the GMS in regard to those sequences so renting the weapon doesn't take you 2 steps back earning GMS for consumables. When i am finished with the missions I intend to reset them as I like having some structure to my hunts but always find myself off chasing a pretty animal and expanding upon that.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Mackie2112 wrote:Im pretty new here. Full disclosure, I have disposable income and do not mind getting EMS to support the games life and production and in doing so also help the hunting guests or others who do not have this luxury. I have done 65 out of 485 available missions and have 34k Gm, I've earned more but i spent some on consumables, of which GMS are great and what i like to use them for to save my EMS for gear and weapons. In my opinion a reset is very much worth it when all missions are completed to the the extent that you can get them done. What I do not like, is animal missions gated behind a weapons purchase. Weapons with missions are an incentive to purchase and thats fine. However, if you are going to place a mission pack and I have to buy a specific weapon to progress the mission sequence that feels shady. My solution would be offer a GMS way to rent the weapon for the length of the hunt. This would help people who cannot afford to own all the required weapons or gear needed to finish a mission sequence. And increase the GMS in regard to those sequences so renting the weapon doesn't take you 2 steps back earning GMS for consumables. When i am finished with the missions I intend to reset them as I like having some structure to my hunts but always find myself off chasing a pretty animal and expanding upon that.

Well i understand your point, i have many mission sets where i stopped cuz i lack x weapon to complete the mission and it sucks, but i understand because in the other side i have played as free guest myself too, when i had no time to justify a months long membership, and if you can tackle missions you can get gms and buy licenses and ammo to hunt animals not in rotation, making possible to play for free beyond what you could think, and win comps that provide ems... and that's is not good for the economical health of the game, so that's basically why there is some limits to the missions in a way of weapons required, or a finite amount of gms to be earned till you need a reset, missions are to provide a supplement income and some direction as game play, but to much easiness and you would not need buy memberships, just some ems for x weapon and pay the ammo and license with gms. But that's is theme for another topic i think ;)

That said there is a lot of gms to be earned in mission that don't require specific equipment and that's good enough to buy consumables, and hopefully we will get mission packs for the animals that currently are whiteout missions too... or so i hope. :)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “General Chat”