Weapons Purchase need some guidance.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Mackie2112
Tracker

Weapons Purchase need some guidance.

Post by Mackie2112 »

Hello!

Fathers Day has arrived and I have been showered with steam cards for my hunting game. I am looking at the 340 Magnum and the 7mm break action. I could not see the New long range scope on the 7mm list of scopes. Does it work and it just has not been updated on the site yet? Considering also the 10mm Pistol and a bow to add to my collection. Any other suggestions or possible advise towards purchases with Em conservation not a factor presently.

Thank you all! And Happy Fathers Day to the fathers! And for those single moms that have to fill the role at times!
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Re: Weapons Purchase need some guidance.

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Hey Mackie. I assume you got the trailrunner bundle already?

I love the 10mm pistol, even w limited scope. Some of my favs are the 45-70 and the .30 or 9.3.O/U. Afaik tge 7mm hold the new scope. But do check
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I was spying your current weapons(not in a pervert way xD) and from what i see you already have some nice rifles, an you have the .30 o/u break action rifle, imho best all around rifle, and the .17 for small and the 45-70 government for large animals, so if the .340 would be an addition if you are going to make long shots at large animals, but if you want try something new, the 10mm pistol and some recurve or the Pulsar would give you a new way of hunt with bow, now my personal choice would be pick "El Toro" or "El Bisonte" revolver, looks great and its very good to carry when you go after large and aggressive animals like Bison or Water Bufalo, or Grizzly and you get close and personal with them.

Edit: Other than weapons you may use the ems in equipment like tents, treestands, callers or other equipment to complement your arsenal in hunts.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

buy a reversed crossbow as a secondarie (silent) weapon. it still kils over 100 mtrs !

Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

340. - Highly Recommend
10mm - Highly Recommend
7mm- i don't have it but it looks good

For bows, cant beat the pulsar imo, slow reloading but quiet and packs a massive punch.
Not the greatest for spot and stalk but unbeatable against a herd while in a treestand

Other great guns if you don't have yet:
- .30 R Beast at short and long range with alot of stopping power
- Reverse draw x-bow, easy kills and quiet
- 9.3x62 anchutz, older rifle but looks nice, fast shooting, and can easily kill anything on its species list (has alot of drop)
Nathan22Outdoors
Vossie92

Post by Vossie92 »

the 9.3x74R O/U and the Python bow with the range finding sights is my current loadout. with that set up, theres nothing out there you can take down, legally. the 9.3 is fair game from Roe deer to Bison and Buffalo, and drops everything (except a Bison, stubborn things) with a double lung at 300m. You just need to account for the drop and its a joy to shoot with.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I think you have enough weapons from a practical point of view, maybe your ems would be better used in equipment like tents and such, or save some for any new weapon that come out in the near future, its very likely we will get new weapons in the next weeks or months.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

VonStratos wrote:I think you have enough weapons from a practical point of view, maybe your ems would be better used in equipment like tents and such, or save some for any new weapon that come out in the near future, its very likely we will get new weapons in the next weeks or months.
I wrote my suggestions but i agree with VonStratos Tents may seem like a waste now, but boy i tell ya. If you have the em$ now purchase a solid few of them because they will be needed when you don't have em$ and it seems to always be that way.
Nathan22Outdoors
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Nathan112244 wrote:
VonStratos wrote:I think you have enough weapons from a practical point of view, maybe your ems would be better used in equipment like tents and such, or save some for any new weapon that come out in the near future, its very likely we will get new weapons in the next weeks or months.
It's nice to see tents being given some love. Aside from weapons, which to be honest you really don't need that many of, I believe they are the single-most useful piece of equipment in the game.

@OP I don't know how many you already own, but if not many, my top three recommendations would be; Tents, tents and tents. They might not be the "exciting" purchase, but the more you have, the more the EHR opens up to you. They get you where you want to be, without trekking over the same exact pieces of land, seeing the exact same animals over and over again. Happy hunting!
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

The 7mm break action is great and looks really nice in game also.

Return to “General Chat”