What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

Post by caledonianblues »

J_Birdman wrote:And David, as always, utterly rips and shreds our hopes and dreams into oblivion.
It's a talent I've honed over the years. Glad to be of service :)
rj16066
Tracker

Post by rj16066 »

Griph wrote:$1300?!?!?!?!
I have every weapon, every scope, every everything. I love this game, that is why I spent the $. I love the scenery and the game play, BUT there are no animals any more.. I walk for over 3 hrs and see mostly female species or small males. I have not seen a rare in over a year. They broke it.

Win10 64bit /Intel 5930 i7 @ 3.5ghz 6-core/Gigabyte x99 UD3 / EVGA GTX1080 8Gig- / CORSAIR H2O 620 CPU Watercooler /Corsair 1000w PS/ 32-gig corsair Vengeance / 1 TB SSD / 2 TB WD caviar black / 2 TB Caviar / SA950 1920 x 1080
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

rj16066 wrote:I have not seen a rare in over a year. They broke it.
That's what makes them rare. There's nothing wrong with the amount of animals in the game. If anything there are too many. As for rares, they should remain rare.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

rj16066 wrote:
I have every weapon, every scope, every everything. I love this game, that is why I spent the $. I love the scenery and the game play, BUT there are no animals any more.. I walk for over 3 hrs and see mostly female species or small males. I have not seen a rare in over a year. They broke it.

its not pay to win mate. and i pray it never will be. this gameis uninspiring easy as it is. if you want action and big racks round every corner cotw might be more up your street
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

rj16066 wrote:
Nothing about rares or high scoring animals is broken, you are either looking in the wrong spot, or not paying attention while playing,
Don't blame the game and the makers that you cant find rares or high scoring animals.
Nathan22Outdoors
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

rj16066 wrote:

You know, that's is a streak of bad luck, i know because i have been there, feel the same, and suddenly i go in a hunt and got a rare and a trophy and win a comp, its not a matter of how much time your spend or money you invest, man i even remember a long time ago people telling that you got bigger animals when you played as guest(to lure them in buying membership) or that you got bigger animals if not enrolled in a comp... so there would be always that bitter feeling that lead to think there something broken behind when that streak of bad hunts start. But that said there are some broken things, like bait barrels by example, and the game have a long history of bugs, but the animals... well if they were broken then there would be no people posting trophy animals nor getting big animals to win comps. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

rj16066 wrote:
Do you know how much money I've spent on IRL hunting and how many less animals I've seen than I have in this game? You're in a slump. Everyone hits one every now and then. Sometimes it lasts quite a while. Don't worry about it too much.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

They don't seem too worried. I was looking through the sale page as I always do on the weekends. Even though you can't even use at the moment they have the goat bait barrels on sale.

I actually need 1 as I have none. I have 3 bait barrels and a Hog barrel. I go in spirts on what I like to hunt. But I was in the middle of bear bait barrel mode when this broke overnight.

Think I'll wait on the Goat barrel at the moment.

I wondered today why my sights were all over the place in a tower today. I almost always use a tree stand, but today I was hunting Bison. I have 3 towers scattered around the Reserve. I read in one the above post about the Towers and scopes moving around.

So I bought the lever action 10 ga. shotgun during the last sale. I'm up to 250 Geese in the last couple weeks with the 10 ga. I already had the blind and callers. So I can say the Geese stuff is working. (But I'm ready for some bears and some goat stuff.)

g
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

What happened to this game?

Trying to put more stuff into made it more intricate.

Intricate | Define Intricate at Dictionary.com
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/intricate
Intricate definition, having many interrelated parts or facets; entangled or involved: an intricate maze.

So all you have to do is mess up one line of code...........and Bingo........
All those interrelated parts spit out garbage results.

The game was good enough for me before 2016. Growing wider not just growing bigger became a time bomb.
And everybody wanted more new things...........and EW gave it to us with this old game.
So how do you like it now since it's much better than before?

Moles are blind but they still know what a bug is when they find one.
And we're still buying new hordes all the time at theHunter.

rj16066
Tracker

Post by rj16066 »

Nathan112244 wrote:
rj16066 wrote:
Nothing about rares or high scoring animals is broken, you are either looking in the wrong spot, or not paying attention while playing,
Don't blame the game and the makers that you cant find rares or high scoring animals.
Just to be clear, I did not spend the $ to get the biggest or best animal, be it a bear or a rare, I am just stating that the game is flawed now. I monetarily support the games that I love because it is a way to pay forward or back to the Devs. But things are broken with this game, you have to be able to see that.

Win10 64bit /Intel 5930 i7 @ 3.5ghz 6-core/Gigabyte x99 UD3 / EVGA GTX1080 8Gig- / CORSAIR H2O 620 CPU Watercooler /Corsair 1000w PS/ 32-gig corsair Vengeance / 1 TB SSD / 2 TB WD caviar black / 2 TB Caviar / SA950 1920 x 1080

Return to “General Chat”