What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Re: What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

Post by sircaptgordo »

The Mushrooms seem really 'Hugely' though.
rj16066
Tracker

Post by rj16066 »

I do appreciate all of the comments, suggestions and criticisms: points taken.One of them hit on a real possibility for my inability or lack of patience, that being that there are people on here that hunt hard, like 5 to 8 hrs a day. And without looking at there profiles or hunting times I would have to assume that they are the ones winning the competitions for the most part. Fair enough. And as they mentioned I only play after work for a few hours a couple times a week. BUT... if anyone on here that has played this game for a few years tells me that this game's spawning or larger animals and rares has not changed sine 2014, then I take a strong stance against that view. It has changed, I like a few others have well over 1200hrs some in the multiple thousands of hrs in this game, and it has changed, and in IMHO not for the better, again I state this is a GAME, yes a pretty close simulator hunting game, but a GAME just the same. So walking around and not seeing any tracks at all in areas is nonsense to a degree as this is suppose to be hunting reserves, you should at least see some type of track, but I can say for a fact there are areas, in RRF that I have walked an entire area in the NE and not came across a single track of any type of animal. But I do love this game and will keep playing and buying EM for bait, tents and weapons as it is as they say my disposable income and I will spend my $ how I like. Why should I let my wife spend it? :-)

But again, thanks for the suggestions and criticisms, I am now done with my Rant.. Cheers

Win10 64bit /Intel 5930 i7 @ 3.5ghz 6-core/Gigabyte x99 UD3 / EVGA GTX1080 8Gig- / CORSAIR H2O 620 CPU Watercooler /Corsair 1000w PS/ 32-gig corsair Vengeance / 1 TB SSD / 2 TB WD caviar black / 2 TB Caviar / SA950 1920 x 1080
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

rj16066 wrote:BUT... if anyone on here that has played this game for a few years tells me that this game's spawning or larger animals and rares has not changed sine 2014, then I take a strong stance against that view.
One significant change in this time is that spawning is no longer handled by the client, it's handled server-side. This means Expansive Worlds can manipulate spawning for any species on any reserve without forcing a game patch. We as players would in theory be none-the-wiser until it became apparent in-game. So, you could argue that this happens, and I've witnessed many players adopting this theory over the years. Having sat on the other side of the fence briefly I can confirm that, during my time there, the forum saw many such accusations and debates, and at no point had anyone changed anything with the spawning. Perception is a very power thing.

As for rares, I'm pretty sure some animals have seen tweaks to ratios, either because they were too rare, or not rare enough. But, like someone else said, you only need to check out the rares thread in this forum to see that it's buzzing with new posts every single day. People are finding them. The more frequently you hunt, the higher your chances of finding one. I've had less than half a dozen rares in 8 years, but if I played half as much as what I would like to, I'm sure that number would be well into double figures.
rj16066 wrote:So walking around and not seeing any tracks at all in areas is nonsense to a degree as this is suppose to be hunting reserves, you should at least see some type of track, but I can say for a fact there are areas, in RRF that I have walked an entire area in the NE and not came across a single track of any type of animal.
Probably seems like an obvious question, but you haven't turned off tracks have you? Otherwise, it does seem strange. That being said, I think I could confidently go to RFF repeatedly and each time harvest at least half a dozen elk in that area (NE) without any trouble. It wouldn't be a five minute job, but I think I could do it consistently. I'm sure there are many others that could do the same. That's why so many players are quick to say "it must be something you're doing wrong", or "you're just imagining things", when people report such things.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

As a person that has been a tester (( not Now ))
It isn't as easy as some of you think to catch all problems in a limited time
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

abslayer wrote:As a person that has been a tester (( not Now ))
It isn't as easy as some of you think to catch all problems in a limited time
Maybe not , but much easier to test and eliminate the problems , before , introducing it in the game and then , try to catch them .
Just common sense to me .

Maybe we wouldn't have the render distance at 310m still , but the game would be way less filled with issues .
Crazy how many of them i'm finding every week .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DragonFire
Master Competitor

Post by DragonFire »

"One significant change in this time is that spawning is no longer handled by the client, it's handled server-side. This means Expansive Worlds can manipulate spawning for any species on any reserve without forcing a game patch."
So that explains why for the life of me i couldn't find a 21-24 bear in last tourney (even did one 15 hour hunt) and after it ended i have seen them every time i spawn into a hunt now. Thought something was different.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

DragonFire wrote:"One significant change in this time is that spawning is no longer handled by the client, it's handled server-side. This means Expansive Worlds can manipulate spawning for any species on any reserve without forcing a game patch."
How do you know that?
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

HD_Artworks wrote:
DragonFire wrote:"One significant change in this time is that spawning is no longer handled by the client, it's handled server-side. This means Expansive Worlds can manipulate spawning for any species on any reserve without forcing a game patch."
How do you know that?
They told us.

But that doesn't mean it changes during comps, or even very frequently.

Dragonfire, which comp were you referring to? And what were the top leaderboard scores for that comp?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DragonFire
Master Competitor

Post by DragonFire »

The Football Jamboree: Redfeather Falls - Premier League (ended 2018-07-16 07:00:00)
I won it don't recall the other scores from other players but I shot:
Bear 22.362 ...all I saw through all tourney was 20-23....right after 21-24 every load and like I said my last tourney hunt was 15 hours.
white tail 202
moose 222
elk 353
Black Tail 169

Extra: I also got kicked with a game is running close this one 2 times when I didn't have another game running that was a mystery and 2 lost connections with server 1 of which timed me out hence the 15 hour last hunt to make up for lost hunts.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

DragonFire wrote:Extra: I also got kicked with a game is running close this one 2 times when I didn't have another game running that was a mystery and 2 lost connections with server 1 of which timed me out hence the 15 hour last hunt to make up for lost hunts.
DragonFire, this is a known bug. The devs are aware of it and are looking into it. Do not ALT+TAB out of your game during a hunt if it happens to you.

Return to “General Chat”