What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
rj16066
Tracker

What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

Post by rj16066 »

Ok, this is a GAME.. not a real hunt. I cannot find any decent animals for any competitions, I have played this game sine 2014 and at least then you would get bear at your barrel, you would find them if you went out and just walked around. They broke this GAME!!! I have spent well over 1300$ since I started this game and it now sucks. I spent the $ to support the Devs. But now the Devs have broken what was once a good GAME.

Win10 64bit /Intel 5930 i7 @ 3.5ghz 6-core/Gigabyte x99 UD3 / EVGA GTX1080 8Gig- / CORSAIR H2O 620 CPU Watercooler /Corsair 1000w PS/ 32-gig corsair Vengeance / 1 TB SSD / 2 TB WD caviar black / 2 TB Caviar / SA950 1920 x 1080
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

Post by Nathan112244 »

rj16066 wrote:Ok, this is a GAME.. not a real hunt. I cannot find any decent animals for any competitions, I have played this game sine 2014 and at least then you would get bear at your barrel, you would find them if you went out and just walked around. They broke this GAME!!! I have spent well over 1300$ since I started this game and it now sucks. I spent the $ to support the Devs. But now the Devs have broken what was once a good GAME.
They have a small team and they add a new map every year, they are doing pretty good for the size of their team between fixing bugs, adding new stuff and starting events.
The feeders are broken right now, and it is probably close to the top of their list on what has to get fixed in order. This isn't a disc game for an Xbox or Ps4, it gets regular updates so it will get regular bugs that come along with new stuff. Right now they have the world cup soccer jamboree event so give them some time to get the feeders fixed.
Nathan22Outdoors
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Nathan112244 wrote:it gets regular updates so it will get regular bugs that come along with new stuff.
I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks that is just not acceptable. This idea that all games have bugs. Why?

Test, test, test some more, BEFORE release. Surely someone filled a bait barrel during the testing, and then checked to see if any animals showed up. Surely someone climbed the ropes at VDB during the testing. Surely someone shot a weapon from a tower (every kind of tower) during the testing. Surely someone looked at deployed targets through a scope at the new render range to see if they could be seen. Surely someone walked to their shooting mat from their spawn point to see if the targets came in to render at the new render distance.

Surely, it sure doesn't look like it.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

$1300?!?!?!?!
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:it gets regular updates so it will get regular bugs that come along with new stuff.
I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks that is just not acceptable. This idea that all games have bugs. Why?

Test, test, test some more, BEFORE release. Surely someone filled a bait barrel during the testing, and then checked to see if any animals showed up. Surely someone climbed the ropes at VDB during the testing. Surely someone shot a weapon from a tower (every kind of tower) during the testing. Surely someone looked at deployed targets through a scope at the new render range to see if they could be seen. Surely someone walked to their shooting mat from their spawn point to see if the targets came in to render at the new render distance.

Sure, when changing something with feeders they would make sure and test if the feeders worked. Who guessed that changing render distance would relate so something totally unrelated like feeder not working and wobble in a tower? For a game like this to make sure a new addition has 0 bugs they would have to replicate everything in the game.
Will adding a new feeder system change something to do with the lodges? Nobody would know and it would be the last thing someone would expect will go wrong and get bugged. Sure they could get a group of 15 hunters to play with before released items and see what bugs are there, but there will still be bugs from stuff they wouldn't expect.
Nathan22Outdoors
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Surely, you don’t understand how game patching works.

How a product is on dev servers before release does absolutely not reflect how it will be on the live server. Sometimes things will break on release. It just happens, things that work on the dev servers can come out bugged and broken when they hit live, i don’t know why, but it does happen.

Take PUBG and Fortnite as two examples, they are two of the most played games in the world, and still, they release bugs and broken things once in a while. And if that happens with such big games, that probably have hundreds of beta testers testing the hell out of the content before release, why can’t it happen with a small team like EW?

INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

I can give you a hint kevin. Beta server is not same as what we are playing. Hell they are still picking up easter eggs, for all I know from last year. I just saw that in the stream for the targets. I would think that any test should be made in the same environment that test would be released to.
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

kevin2106 wrote:

Surely, you don’t understand how game patching works.

How a product is on dev servers before release does absolutely not reflect how it will be on the live server. Sometimes things will break on release. It just happens, things that work on the dev servers can come out bugged and broken when they hit live, i don’t know why, but it does happen.

Take PUBG and Fortnite as two examples, they are two of the most played games in the world, and still, they release bugs and broken things once in a while. And if that happens with such big games, that probably have hundreds of beta testers testing the hell out of the content before release, why can’t it happen with a small team like EW?
I don't know how game patching works. But what does that have to do with testing...not on dev servers...not on the beta servers. Release the proposed release to a select few hunters. One or two for each reserve, and they must have all equipment usable there. Have them PLAY the game on their PC for two or three days. Have them test everything they can. And report what doesn't work. Hopefully, someone will be wise enough not to release it. What's the point? Look at all of the extra work they have to do, not to mention dealing with all of the complaining. This community is essentially their testers. After the fact. Does someone have a lucid reason for why they would do that?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks that is just not acceptable. This idea that all games have bugs. Why?

Test, test, test some more, BEFORE release. Surely no one filled a bait barrel during the testing, and then checked to see if any animals showed up. Surely no one climbed the ropes at VDB during the testing. Surely no one shot a weapon from a tower (every kind of tower) during the testing. Surely no one looked at deployed targets through a scope at the new render range to see if they could be seen. Surely no one walked to their shooting mat from their spawn point to see if the targets came in to render at the new render distance.
I fixed it for you Stan. :lol:
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

To play devil's advocate, why would a tester fill a bait barrel, climb a rope, or shoot from a tower if he was testing deployable targets and the new ERR?

Why those things would be affected by the enhancement I can't even imagine, but a limited group of testers can only focus on a limited number of things.

Do we need better testing & quality control? Absolutely! Would it be better if releases were postponed until a certain quality level is reached? I think so.

But some things are still going to slip through the cracks, even with a comprehensive testing process some things that are totally unrelated conceptually, but apparently related in the software get affected.

Hopefully they'll get the serious stuff squared away in short time.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “General Chat”