What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Re: What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

Post by Grizdude »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
Animals I am still after:
  • 400+ Roosevelt Elk
  • 200+ Whitetail
  • 26+ Grizzly
  • 118+ Bison
  • 70 Turkey
  • 200+ Dall Sheep
  • 230+ Moose
There is bound to be more as well, we are all in the same boat and everyone has the same chances as the next person :)

TK
Your chances are better buying lottery tickets than finding 70 turkey and 200+ whitetail
Yea... I'm still looking to get my first 70 Turkey and my first 200+ WT buck. I've bagged more non-typical WT bucks scoring 200+ then should be possible.
I would think a non-typical would be rarer than a typical... I guess not. :?
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

"I swear when you are out on a comp, the targeted animal will spawn less. I havent seen an elk that doesnt have twigs in a LONG time."
Same as real life hunting. :lol:
While Whitetail hunting my Son complained about the "hundreds" of squirrels bothering him. One day we decided to thin them out. On the way there he was excited about hauling a bunch of the annoying critters home. I told him not to get his hopes up & he just laughed. We each got one. He only saw 3 & he sat in the same treestand. The look on his face, when he came back to the car, was unforgettable. He said "Where did they all go?" I told him "They are still there, somehow they knew that today they were the target." :lol:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I checked all my seasons for turkey- still looking for a 69! but only have 1200 in the bag. Some have 10 times that. Have to ask Mountaineer Don, he's got just about 12.000 turkey- wonder how many 70's he has :D
I didn't get a 190's WT till a couple seasons ago. But goals are good!
I still want an albino fox and any rare male turkey and pheasant - I hope the first isn't a hen, won't really count as much. Those 2 birds are pretty rare, but I haven't hammered them like I used to since the rares came out.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I am here since 2013 and still cant join the 400+ Elk club... I still don't know if it is like the movie "Eyes Wide Shut" or simply its a club where they drink a lot in the Doc's lodge. :roll:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Violator31 wrote:"I swear when you are out on a comp, the targeted animal will spawn less. I havent seen an elk that doesnt have twigs in a LONG time."
Same as real life hunting. :lol:
While Whitetail hunting my Son complained about the "hundreds" of squirrels bothering him. One day we decided to thin them out. On the way there he was excited about hauling a bunch of the annoying critters home. I told him not to get his hopes up & he just laughed. We each got one. He only saw 3 & he sat in the same treestand. The look on his face, when he came back to the car, was unforgettable. He said "Where did they all go?" I told him "They are still there, somehow they knew that today they were the target." :lol:

lol seems like that doesn't it.
Right now looking foe a fat MD doe for comp .WHAT do I see bucks all over the place few does LOL
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

abslayer wrote:Right now looking foe a fat MD doe for comp .WHAT do I see bucks all over the place few does LOL
Hey, you've been around long enough to know you have to push through the pain to get to the good stuff! It's out there and you know it- Said it long ago from learning about long hunts, if you aren't finding it you're looking in the wrong places and need to go where you haven't been ;) GL on that fatty!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DragonFire
Master Competitor

Post by DragonFire »

I don't mind being beat by other players during a Major competition but I can not express the absolute frustration when the game does it to you.
5 hunts left and once again the game just blanks out and kicks me from the tourney for the third time during this tournament causing lost time and chances.

The game is fresh installed, all drivers correct, everything correct and a random Direct x kick again.

Stepped in water that was hidden said go to heated tent or lodge to warm I hit teleport and kick.
Claimed animal calculating score long time...KICK again 2nd time this has happened now once in non Big 5 tourney play
Go to teleport to a heated tent got another Directx error message Kick.

All other hunts flawless can go to any tent heated or not or lodge no problem.

ARGGGGG.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

rj16066 wrote:
Griph wrote:$1300?!?!?!?!
I have every weapon, every scope, every everything. I love this game, that is why I spent the $. I love the scenery and the game play, BUT there are no animals any more.. I walk for over 3 hrs and see mostly female species or small males. I have not seen a rare in over a year. They broke it.
I totally agree. They spoiled this game. When I started to play this game in early 2017 it was very, very fun, now it's often boring and frustrating. You can go around for hours and no one track of animals there. In TT for istance, my favorite reserve where I spent almost all my huntings, wolves and sheep now infest the whole reserve, there's their poop (edited) everywhere on the ground, while the grizzlies disappeared. Plus, I noticed for about a week the situation with grizzlies has deteriored, even the small females seem to have disappeared. The few ones left fleeing like the bigger bears. All bears fleeing like went crazy. A real mess.
Violator31 wrote:
rj16066 wrote:I cannot find any decent animals for any competitions,
And yet others are winning the comps. And the leaderboards are showing that "decent animals" are out there. In addition to all of the posts here in the forums of people actually getting huge trophies & the thread for albinos & rares grows every day.
As someone else posted, it's a slump. We shouldn't expect a rare or 2 every 50 hunts. Or a leaderboard worthy animal for that matter.
Although that is right up there, but in the first months I played TH i saw and harvested some albinos, now it's a year and a half I haven't seen one.
TreeKiwi wrote:Guys we have not changed anything to do with your luck regarding the size of the animals you are likely to find, its all luck based. You just have runs of bad luck and some people have runs of good luck, we certainly would not change the chances that you find an animal just because you enter a competition. I have been out and about lots lately as well and have not shot anything worth mentioning, but its just the game... if there was something fishy going on, do you think I would still bother too hunt?

Animals I am still after:
  • 400+ Roosevelt Elk
  • 200+ Whitetail
  • 26+ Grizzly
  • 118+ Bison
  • 70 Turkey
  • 200+ Dall Sheep
  • 230+ Moose
There is bound to be more as well, we are all in the same boat and everyone has the same chances as the next person :)

TK
TK I suggest we change the main logos of TT Image like that

Or this

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by Hawkeye on August 3rd, 2018, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

we certainly would not change the chances that you find an animal just because you enter a competition
Hmm... :roll:
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Pittie wrote:
we certainly would not change the chances that you find an animal just because you enter a competition
Hmm... :roll:
Well I mean if you think about it Pittie, what do we as EW have to gain by limiting animals? Somebody has to win the competitions and we do not care who wins them :)

Also another thing to consider, the competitions that are ok in multiplayer. The animals are spawned from the hosts side, get him to not be in the competition and then go join him on his map, then the spawn is just his, no competitions activated... same luck though :)

Return to “General Chat”