What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
1Al
Hunter

Re: What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

Post by 1Al »

Pittie wrote:
we certainly would not change the chances that you find an animal just because you enter a competition
Hmm... :roll:
Suspicious thought... :mrgreen: playing competitions and missions too, sometimes actually you feel there's something different than in normal play.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TreeKiwi wrote:what do we as EW have to gain by limiting animals?
I've never understood those theories about a different spawn while in a competition. Why in the world would EW intentionally want to punish and upset players that are playing comps?

To be honest: for me it's just selective perception and a way to deal with the frustration when a competition hunt doesn't work the way a player hoped.
Image Image Image
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
I've never understood those theories about a different spawn while in a competition. Why in the world would EW intentionally want to punish and upset players that are playing comps?

To be honest: for me it's just selective perception and a way to deal with the frustration when a competition hunt doesn't work the way a player hoped.
Simply try it. Hunt for Rocky Mountain Wapiti without activated competition. You will find many Wapitis. Then activate e.g. "Top Rocky Mountain Wapiti" and start another hunt. Now you will find much less Wapitis, especially the male highscores. Then deactivate the comp and start a new hunt and so on etc. It's very easy to notice it. This is my experience after 7 years TH and no selective perception or Frustration. But this is not apply to every competition. Brownbear seems spawn normal.
Why EW do it? To make competitons harder? I don't know. We know that EW can easily change the spawning via Server. Perhaps they simply like to play a little bit around it?
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Pittie wrote:Why EW do it? To make competitons harder? I don't know.
Competitions are player vs. player, so if the spawn changed for everyone, it wouldn't really be harder, just more frustrating. And that shouldn't be EW's goal, even from a business perspective it would be detrimental.

Anyway, we'll have to agree to disagree here. I believe EW when they say that activated competitions have absolutely no influence on the spawn.
Image Image Image
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:a way to deal with the frustration when a competition hunt doesn't work the way a player hoped.
That's where you're wrong. Even when a competition work the way you hoped, it happens. It's a subtle but real feeling.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Pittie wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:

Simply try it. Hunt for Rocky Mountain Wapiti without activated competition. You will find many Wapitis. Then activate e.g. "Top Rocky Mountain Wapiti" and start another hunt. Now you will find much less Wapitis, especially the male highscores. Then deactivate the comp and start a new hunt and so on etc. It's very easy to notice it. This is my experience after 7 years TH and no selective perception or Frustration. But this is not apply to every competition. Brownbear seems spawn normal.
Why EW do it? To make competitons harder? I don't know. We know that EW can easily change the spawning via Server. Perhaps they simply like to play a little bit around it?
Then how do you explain all the other times people hunt with no competition activated and people still don't find animals? Its 100% random and that is actually the official truthful statement on the matter. I can't do anything more than that.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Pittie wrote:Simply try it. Hunt for Rocky Mountain Wapiti without activated competition. You will find many Wapitis. Then activate e.g. "Top Rocky Mountain Wapiti" and start another hunt. Now you will find much less Wapitis, especially the male highscores. Then deactivate the comp and start a new hunt and so on etc. It's very easy to notice it. This is my experience after 7 years TH and no selective perception or Frustration. But this is not apply to every competition. Brownbear seems spawn normal.
*Cough* excuse me, have you seen the amount of trophies I have due to scoring comps?
I highly doubt EW decrease trophy spawns when comps are active for the animal, it's just luck nothing more to it.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Ok, all is good. :)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Pittie wrote:Ok, all is good. :)
Not if you have bad luck in any comp!

The only way I could win a comp is if I was the only one in it!

It's the conspiracy theory or the server spawn doesn't like everytime randomly giving me a good spawn....... :lol:
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

Schlachtwolf wrote:I can honestly say that after nearly 2 years and a HS of 28k I am only now beginning to not feel like a newbie in the game, the animals are there but it takes time and experience to SEE them, is that a twig 200m away ? Nope it's an antler alright.... I see loads more animals now than I used to, also when I started I just blast every animal, females, small the lot which probably scared off the better ones. My feeling is that trophy animals always take longer to come into a call, use the available cover better and spook more easily as smaller animals of the same species. Bigger animals tend to be older, more life lived, more cautious. Maybe I am totally wrong on this but as Ron says..... feeling !!
Excellent! I’m getting this feeling that all those spooked animals are making the trophy ones run away.

Return to “General Chat”