What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

Post by gas56 »

I hate to be the spoiler or things..........
But now comes some facts.............
1. Server takes game data in and out.
2. Sever controls game spawns.
3. Server loses game data during hiccups or lost connections. (know issue as lost game gallery trophy shots, internal server errors, game crashes, etc..)
4. Games seem like crap sometimes without animals around or they are all on the other side of the map or they are all under the map when I play only for less than an hour.

Remedy.
Start new hunt or until good spawn starts at the beginning of game.
Just can't wait forever for the game to begin a good hunt or to find a good hunt.
I don't have all that time to mess around all day long,
I got other things to do.
This works for me.............. :D

P.S. Have you ever gone hunting IRL and there stands an buck deer or the animal you're hunting 50 yards away or less from where you start hunting? The answer is YES I have and often quite a few times.
Spawn Penalties suck in the game where you start a hunt and should be re-thought to be more realistic on some occasions where there is animals close at the lodge or tent.
DragonFire
Master Competitor

Post by DragonFire »

JimboCrow wrote:
DragonFire wrote:Extra: I also got kicked with a game is running close this one 2 times when I didn't have another game running that was a mystery and 2 lost connections with server 1 of which timed me out hence the 15 hour last hunt to make up for lost hunts.
DragonFire, this is a known bug. The devs are aware of it and are looking into it. Do not ALT+TAB out of your game during a hunt if it happens to you.
Yea I never alt tab out it is just a random thing during hunting like what happened right now just picked up a nice moose for the tourney that is running it posted the weight and was calculating the score and kicked me out with a is your direct x drivers signed lmao. Well yea they are up to that point apparently.

And before anyone says it the computer I am running a 8th gen 17 with every bell and whistle I could build into it with all the latest drivers and builds it comes with and all that's built into it that. Water cooled.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

I agree, in the last year they broke the game.
Essacksumra
Spotter

Post by Essacksumra »

They added way more stuff than they could handle... seems greedy
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

Tod1d wrote:
HD_Artworks wrote:
DragonFire wrote:"One significant change in this time is that spawning is no longer handled by the client, it's handled server-side. This means Expansive Worlds can manipulate spawning for any species on any reserve without forcing a game patch."
How do you know that?
They told us.

But that doesn't mean it changes during comps, or even very frequently.

Dragonfire, which comp were you referring to? And what were the top leaderboard scores for that comp?
I swear when you are out on a comp, the targeted animal will spawn less. I havent seen an elk that doesnt have twigs in a LONG time.

Also, really the only reason I am back is because I found a really cheap key. Still cant really get EM$ in an easy way, so I cant get anything new. Nothing even went on sale during the steam summer sale!
DragonFire wrote:"One significant change in this time is that spawning is no longer handled by the client, it's handled server-side. This means Expansive Worlds can manipulate spawning for any species on any reserve without forcing a game patch."
So that explains why for the life of me i couldn't find a 21-24 bear in last tourney (even did one 15 hour hunt) and after it ended i have seen them every time i spawn into a hunt now. Thought something was different.
I have a barrel, and I havent seen a bear or bagged a bear over 26. They have all been 18-20s or at highest low 25s. Elk are nonexistent to me. Black bears, same deal. Got a barrel, get a fair number around the barrel, but nothing too far above average.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

its simple to find the elk just try different things i noticed something a few months ago.how the servers are now anything can be changed at the drop of a hat so if something doesnt seem the same adapt.try something different.the elk or whatever animal spawns. you just have to find them. as to size of trophy there are a few things but the more we go into it the more possibility things get changed.

the groupings of elk were changed a while ago.locations different . different periods of time both real and ingame can effect when you get trophy animals.watch the comp scores.that does kinda give away whats happening during that event at your current hunting time.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Guys we have not changed anything to do with your luck regarding the size of the animals you are likely to find, its all luck based. You just have runs of bad luck and some people have runs of good luck, we certainly would not change the chances that you find an animal just because you enter a competition. I have been out and about lots lately as well and have not shot anything worth mentioning, but its just the game... if there was something fishy going on, do you think I would still bother too hunt?

Animals I am still after:
  • 400+ Roosevelt Elk
  • 200+ Whitetail
  • 26+ Grizzly
  • 118+ Bison
  • 70 Turkey
  • 200+ Dall Sheep
  • 230+ Moose
There is bound to be more as well, we are all in the same boat and everyone has the same chances as the next person :)

TK
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

It is a very common thing for most players to think at times that the spawns got worse, especially when doing competitions and focussing on certain animals. We all remember those large animals we have found and forget that it took hundreds of hunts sometimes. When we then look for them we feel they should be there again.

It was confirmed by EW years ago that you being in a comp will not change the spawn. And even if it did, it would the same problem for everyone competing. There is no reason for EW to do this.
TreeKiwi wrote:Animals I am still after:
  • 400+ Roosevelt Elk - Pretty hard but it will come, you need to do a lot of elk hunting around Darkwood though.
  • 200+ Whitetail - Almost impossible.
  • 26+ Grizzly - Chances are high that you have one in the spawn, but very hard to hunt.
  • 118+ Bison - Not too hard. I have shot a +120 Bison in every season.
  • 70 Turkey - Almost impossible.
  • 200+ Dall Sheep - I think I had 2 or 3 in 1000. Get going.
  • 230+ Moose - Only ever shot 1 or 2 over 230 and it feels like I have been hunting Moose for 30 years.
Added my 2 cents. Good luck on these TK! :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

400+ elk is very hard or lucky spawn.took me 8 years to get one smashed probably 500 over 350+.mate shot one first day of joining with no knoledge of the game.
200 whitetail one of the hardest to get.had 3 or 4 in ten years.
26 grizzly not too bad.
118 bison pretty easy.just smash bison should break this in a week of grind. 120 probably.
70 turkey more luck very hard.just a case of if you hit a heavy bird with a long beard and the stars align.
200+ dall sheep just a case of shooting a few. i smashed 200 pretty easily. 206 best.
230 moose shot one out of a hell of a lot of big ones.plenty over 220.230s are rare.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Animals I am still after:
  • 400+ Roosevelt Elk
  • 200+ Whitetail
  • 26+ Grizzly
  • 118+ Bison
  • 70 Turkey
  • 200+ Dall Sheep
  • 230+ Moose
There is bound to be more as well, we are all in the same boat and everyone has the same chances as the next person :)

TK
Your chances are better buying lottery tickets than finding 70 turkey and 200+ whitetail
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”