What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

Post by gas56 »

caledonianblues wrote:
rj16066 wrote:But things are broken with this game, you have to be able to see that.
I think everyone can agree that a number of things are broken right now, but not being able to find decent scoring male animals is not one of them. They're out there, you just have to find them.
That depends on the spawn,.. and since the server controlled spawns were in effect who knows what some players may get and what some players may
not get with a spawn. Is it bad luck or bad hunting skills?,... are once good players just forgetting how to play the game?
Or are a higher percentage of their hunts just randomly spawned with no trophy animals running around on the terrain map?

But since you are an advocate for this game I already know what your answer will be, something like this,... (just in fun)

"There is nothing that effects spawns that it could ever happen in the game, the spawns work great, they are the best spawns ever, they always work excellent for me when I play the game,
in fact on my last hunt I shot 3 Roosevelt Elk over 400, and 3 Blacktail Deer over 195, 5 Turkeys over 59+, and 1 Albino Coyote that only scored 58, 2 melanistic Bobcats, and last but not least 13 whitetail bucks that scored over 200."

That was in short verse imaginative quote of course. ................................. :lol:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

gas56 wrote:That depends on the spawn,.. and since the server controlled spawns were in effect who knows what some players may get and what some players may not get with a spawn.
Well yeah, sure, there's obviously a random element to it but I was responding to the suggestion that the developers broke the game, a conclusion based exclusively on not being able to find decent male species or rares. The server does control the spawning and it is entirely possible to have a series of bad spawns, but if there was a widespread problem it would not be limited to one player. That's the point I was making.
gas56 wrote:Is it bad luck or bad hunting skills?
In this case it's neither. It's bad perception and most likely refusal to accept any explanation besides "the game is broken".
gas56 wrote:Or are a higher percentage of their hunts just randomly spawned with no trophy animals running around on the terrain map?
This sounds like you're subscribing to the same theory. Are you also of the opinion that the spawning system is no longer generating decent animals, compared to some time in the past?
gas56 wrote:But since you are an advocate for this game I already know what your answer will be, something like this,...
Of course I'm an advocate of the game. Aren't you? That doesn't mean I appreciate broken content, or that I want to make excuses for substandard quality. But I rely on evidence before I accept the notion that things are broken. I never have any problem finding animals, and I wouldn't say the spawns are lacking decent scoring animals either. Granted, I've not played much in recent months, but I think I've got my finger on the pulse when it comes to issues.
gas56 wrote:"There is nothing that effects spawns that it could ever happen in the game, the spawns work great, they are the best spawns ever, they always work excellent for me when I play the game,
in fact on my last hunt I shot 3 Roosevelt Elk over 400, and 3 Blacktail Deer over 195, 5 Turkeys over 59+, and 1 Albino Coyote that only scored 58, 2 melanistic Bobcats, and last but not least 13 whitetail bucks that scored over 200."
Haha, you can be my stand-in when I'm not available. An honorary Cookie Monster :)
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

rj16066 wrote:I cannot find any decent animals for any competitions,
And yet others are winning the comps. And the leaderboards are showing that "decent animals" are out there. In addition to all of the posts here in the forums of people actually getting huge trophies & the thread for albinos & rares grows every day.
As someone else posted, it's a slump. We shouldn't expect a rare or 2 every 50 hunts. Or a leaderboard worthy animal for that matter.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

I think I can call that into question if I like. It's one part of this thread (but only one part) that dumbfounds me.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Griph wrote:I think I can call that into question if I like. It's one part of this thread (but only one part) that dumbfounds me.
You can, but I don't really see how it helps anyone. Humans leave me dumbfounded on a daily basis, but spending money on a form of entertainment certainly isn't one of the reasons, especially if it brings you enjoyment. You can't take it with you, and I know a lot of people that died rich saving all their money for later. Later doesn't always come.
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

Fair enough.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Violator31 wrote:
And yet others are winning the comps. And the leaderboards are showing that "decent animals" are out there. In addition to all of the posts here in the forums of people actually getting huge trophies & the thread for albinos & rares grows every day.
As someone else posted, it's a slump. We shouldn't expect a rare or 2 every 50 hunts. Or a leaderboard worthy animal for that matter.
most of the more prolific winners of comps or regular trophy animal hunters will have refined their hunting to maximize the potential of getting a bigger animal.this comes with time, patience and game sense.game sense is the real important part in the equation.knowing if the hunt doesnt seem good. where to go next or if something doesnt seem right.different. the better hunters will change their game and get the best out of what they can. if everyone in the comp is having the same issues then that game sense will often bring you a result.

also comps on the day you might not need the maximum leaderboard animal might be just enough to scrape home.thats all that matters.

most hunts there is a decent sized trophy animal just maybe not in the species you after. i dont think its that hard to bag trophy animals once you have got the tools to maximize your time to lower the chances of getting one.you dont learn game sense though.regardless of how many hrs you put into the game.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I can honestly say that after nearly 2 years and a HS of 28k I am only now beginning to not feel like a newbie in the game, the animals are there but it takes time and experience to SEE them, is that a twig 200m away ? Nope it's an antler alright.... I see loads more animals now than I used to, also when I started I just blast every animal, females, small the lot which probably scared off the better ones. My feeling is that trophy animals always take longer to come into a call, use the available cover better and spook more easily as smaller animals of the same species. Bigger animals tend to be older, more life lived, more cautious. Maybe I am totally wrong on this but as Ron says..... feeling !!
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

ronMctube wrote:
Violator31 wrote:
most of the more prolific winners of comps or regular trophy animal hunters will have refined their hunting to maximize the potential of getting a bigger animal.this comes with time, patience and game sense.game sense is the real important part in the equation.knowing if the hunt doesnt seem good. where to go next or if something doesnt seem right.different. the better hunters will change their game and get the best out of what they can. if everyone in the comp is having the same issues then that game sense will often bring you a result.

also comps on the day you might not need the maximum leaderboard animal might be just enough to scrape home.thats all that matters.

most hunts there is a decent sized trophy animal just maybe not in the species you after. i dont think its that hard to bag trophy animals once you have got the tools to maximize your time to lower the chances of getting one.you dont learn game sense though.regardless of how many hrs you put into the game.

I do agree to an extent that game sense plays a part, I dont think its THE real important part in the equation however. Granted you need to put in the effort to find or figure out the hotspots but that is simply moving the odds ever so slightly. Check the hunt history of the consistent winners you will see they hunt all day every day and hunt hard. They cover loads of ground hitting the hot spots on the route then rinse and repeat. The key to success is having 5-8 hours a day free time. I will happily retract my comment if anyone can find me a consistent winner who wins at least once a week and has been for a while who hasn't been cranking the hours in. Nobody just comes online after work and wins comps via skill, its just not that type of game

Best analogy is the game is roulette each spin of the wheel is a comp attempt, the reserves are the table, cover the ground you cover the table, more coverage higher success rate.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

this is why i said most of the prolific winners will maximize their time. in other words lots of time in game covering the roughly known spawns areas.then its hope you find a track of a big animal.rinse and repeat.if you havent got enough time to do this then people will use tents to fast travel.to said hotspots which is sort of luck if you get a good animal but the hotspots and tent placements can reduce this luck factor a bit.time is the key factor. overall the best results come from playing more and having ingame knowledge. as said though game sense is one of the biggest key factors.those that win alot will know that for eg. say a small whitetail is at a key spot then most likely a big whitetail isnt there.so instead of wasting 20 minutes scouring the area they already moved on.to next known hotspot. for eg on redfeather i knew if a small whitetail called at a certain spot i knew another spot i would go to would have elk almost guarenteed. some might spot this some might not.that is a big difference.the more you can dial that in the more quicker you can get results.

comp results current in what you in also suggest about animals.for eg if you in a elk contest and its been on all day but only a 340 is killed maybe not many decent elk have spawned during this time frame . i have many ideas on certain areas but i dont really go to deep into them as i have seen somethings i mentioned change the very next day. :D

Return to “General Chat”