What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: What happend to this GAME- RANT. Dont read if your a touchy feely person.

Post by caledonianblues »

rj16066 wrote:But things are broken with this game, you have to be able to see that.
I think everyone can agree that a number of things are broken right now, but not being able to find decent scoring male animals is not one of them. They're out there, you just have to find them.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

rj16066 wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:
rj16066 wrote: I have every weapon, every scope, every everything. I love this game, that is why I spent the $. I love the scenery and the game play, BUT there are no animals any more.. I walk for over 3 hrs and see mostly female species or small males. I have not seen a rare in over a year. They broke it.
Nothing about rares or high scoring animals is broken, you are either looking in the wrong spot, or not paying attention while playing,
Don't blame the game and the makers that you cant find rares or high scoring animals.
Just to be clear, I did not spend the $ to get the biggest or best animal, be it a bear or a rare, I am just stating that the game is flawed now. I monetarily support the games that I love because it is a way to pay forward or back to the Devs. But things are broken with this game, you have to be able to see that.
But the way you said it made it sound like u were blaming the bugs "I love the scenery and the game play, BUT there are no animals any more.. I walk for over 3 hrs and see mostly female species or small males. I have not seen a rare in over a year. They broke it." Sure the baiting system is biggest at the moment but that's the reason for the other 34 huntable species. If feeders arent working, find another way of hunting that is fun, like running the VDB river for monster stags.
Nathan22Outdoors
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

If you play this game primarily to find monsters and rares you will almost always be disappointed; but if you play it for everything else it has to offer you will almost never be disappointed; and only then will your time and money be well spent. Such is life.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Its like Jimbocrow said, just an example, i was just in a hunt, nothing good showed up, then i found 2 moose 200+ score each together in the same area, last time i saw 2 in the same hunt was like 2 years ago, is a thing of luck, eventually you will find big animals too.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

Nathan112244 wrote:
rj16066 wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:
Nothing about rares or high scoring animals is broken, you are either looking in the wrong spot, or not paying attention while playing,
Don't blame the game and the makers that you cant find rares or high scoring animals.
Just to be clear, I did not spend the $ to get the biggest or best animal, be it a bear or a rare, I am just stating that the game is flawed now. I monetarily support the games that I love because it is a way to pay forward or back to the Devs. But things are broken with this game, you have to be able to see that.
But the way you said it made it sound like u were blaming the bugs "I love the scenery and the game play, BUT there are no animals any more.. I walk for over 3 hrs and see mostly female species or small males. I have not seen a rare in over a year. They broke it." Sure the baiting system is biggest at the moment but that's the reason for the other 34 huntable species. If feeders arent working, find another way of hunting that is fun, like running the VDB river for monster stags.

Pretty sure the reason for the 34 other species is not for them to be there every time the baiting system breaks.

If you are a real life bear or boar hunter buy a membership, 7 day license etc, etc, bait, feeder(you may already own). Try to play fathers day weekend and nothing you wanted to work, works properly and nowhere on the game launcher it says the items you are purchasing that may or may not be on sale are broken.

If you buy a spinning class(Bike) at your gym but all the bikes are broken and were broken when you bought the class. Then the guy said dont worry we have 34 squat racks for situations like this. LMAO you'd be ***** off.
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

It's always amazed me that when something is broken that EW keeps right on selling them without so much as a word that said items are not working as advertised.I'm sure this helps retain the brand new player who doesn't read the forum, buys a baiting system, then has no idea why no animals are showing up.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

Yeah, but....$1300?!?!?!?!?!?!

Past few hunts, using good technique and taking advantage of the new render range, I shot multiple animals of several species on a couple of hour-two hour hunts. Try that in real life. Game has some bugs. What game doesn’t. But the animals are there. And I’ve never used (or owned) any bait so far, so that bug doesn’t bother me at all. I still kill plenty of bears.
Last edited by caledonianblues on June 19th, 2018, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed inappropriate comment
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Griph wrote:Yeah, but....$1300?!?!?!?!?!?!
Many players have spent this, some significantly more. Players' investments in the game is not what should be brought into question right now.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

caledonianblues wrote:Many players have spent this, some significantly more. Players' investments in the game is not what should be brought into question right now.
Exactly ! For some $20 could be a lot and for others $1300 could be reasonable and can afford it . Many have only this game for hobby , for entertainment , their only expenses .
No one as the right to judge , how much one spends here .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

Mountaineer wrote:It's always amazed me that when something is broken that EW keeps right on selling them without so much as a word that said items are not working as advertised.I'm sure this helps retain the brand new player who doesn't read the forum, buys a baiting system, then has no idea why no animals are showing up.
good point; such equipment should taken off sales or at least it would need a disclaimer stating that it isnt working right now and the buyer accepts this fact

Return to “General Chat”