Connection error costing a competition attempt

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Jonny2702

Connection error costing a competition attempt

Post by Jonny2702 »

I got the 'Oops, could not connect to server' message but the hunt has been counted as a competition attempt (it shows as a 1 second hunt in my history). I've opened a ticket but realised after that it won't be dealt with until after the competition has ended (football jamboree: timbergold trails). Is there anything i can do to get the attempt back?
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Connection error costing a competition attempt

Post by Fletchette »

No...
Personal Bests...
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Not sure of your specific experience while losing connection, but the following has saved my bacon scores of times.

Tip for returning to game after a 'Lost Connection' AND the gray THC count-down screen hopelessly not returning to game.

Quick answer is to:
Assure that you have regained Internet Connection (refresh a url, check the connection icon, able to see Steam Friends list...many different ways.)
THC count-down timer still active.
Disconnect and re-connect to the Internet.
Click on your game icon.
Poof!

I've done this approximately 50 times in a row without failure. I'm having intermittent Lost Connections that last mostly no more than 15 seconds or so. But, the problem is, is that THC count-down screen does not return to the game consistently (for me, about 20% of the time.) This has saved numerous competition attempts. Most freaked out moment was when the timer got to 8 seconds and finally my internet connected. Hunt saved :D
Spoiler:
Jonny2702

Post by Jonny2702 »

I didn't lose the connection, i never even started the hunt (got the 'Oops' screen before getting as far as the 'loading X reserve'). I've had the 180 second countdown timer multiple times and 'saved' the hunt by checking internet connection like you say, but this time i didn't even start the hunt....... i feel cheated......
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

its the connection error when starting a game in a different location/tent as before.

i had it twice during the competition and its annoying, especially with only 10 attempts for 4 days.

easy solution for the future could be that attempts only count after say 5 secs like its already done in many of the community competitons. there is no way to exploit the game in 5 secs
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

Another annoying one is the "Another game has been started with this account" message. Add this to the list of ways to lose attempts that will probably never get fixed.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
kblut

Post by kblut »

Same here... :/ So sad!

Return to “General Chat”