Placing 2 person treestands

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Placing 2 person treestands

Post by SoftShoe »

I am trying place a line of 2 person treestands through TGT & running into a fair bit of trouble finding suitable trees. Trees that are plenty long & mostly devoid of branches down low it will not allow me to place one. I KNOW these same trees would allow a single person treestand but for some reason 2 person seems to be verboten. Conversely smaller trees with many branches seem to allow me to place them but they are unsuitable because all the branches/leaves killing visibility.

Any guidelines/rules of thumb/suggestions for being able to ID suitable trees without walking up to each & every tree seeing if it will fit?

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Placing 2 person treestands

Post by DYEUZ »

That's pretty much all you can do , is try all the trees you think could be good .
It's very frustrating what you are experiencing right now . Some trees would be really good , but they are not to be . :?
Why ? Beats me ! :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I gave up on trying to find a tree that will accept a stand and went with placing tripods or blinds instead
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

There is a tree at X-5298 Y74 it is the only tree in the middle of a field so you can't miss it. I know it will take a double tree stand so have a look at it and remember what model it is. Also most of the pines will take stands.
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

The pine trees will take a stand, but it's way too high up. Design flaw.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “General Chat”