What makes a good scoring trophy?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Vossie92

What makes a good scoring trophy?

Post by Vossie92 »

Hi all,

Been searching around but havnt found anything as yet. What makes a good scoring trophy, per animal?

Like if i shoot a Moose thats 184 (my personal best atm), yes, im very happy, but is this considered a big trophy moose? and what about the other species?
My sitka of 82? trophy or just a nice buck?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vossie
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: What makes a good scoring trophy?

Post by Tanngnjostr »

My advice would be to check out the leaderboards for each species to get a rough idea. Also, there's a tool on the UHC site that you can use: https://www.uhcapps.co.uk/trophycheck/index.php (If you aren't a member of UHC right now, feel free to join via the link in my signature - thanks).
The trophy checker of the UHC site shows the percentage of your harvest compared to the highest possible score of the species. Be aware that for some animals (reindeer for example), anything over 85% is considered a trophy - while for other species (like grey wolves for example), you'd need at least a 95% score to have a real mounter. Knowing this comes with experience. I'm sure we could put some numbers together - the thresholds that constitute a trophy for each species - but of course there are slightly different opinions. It also depends on how much you play - naturally, if you're a casual hunter you'll find the high scores less frequent and will value them more.

Regarding the moose: I'd say that anything over 200 is a really nice trophy and anything over 220 is considered a sure mounter by almost every player. A 184 is not bad, but you'll find better ones with time. Can't say much about that sitka, I don't hunt them much. I'd say a trophy starts somewhere between 100 and 110...
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

A simple guideline is check the highest scores per animal in the leaderboard, then if your animal scores around 10 or 15% less than the animals there you can call it a trophy, of course thats is a guide not a rule, if you register yourself in the UHC site you will have access to many tools including one that check your animal and tell you if its a trophy and even generate an automatic link so you can post and share, you can register trough the referral link under my signature and this is the link to the trophy checker tool. ;)

http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/trophycheck/index.php

Edit:Tanngnjostr beat me to answer first :lol:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Vossie92

Post by Vossie92 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:My advice would be to check out the leaderboards for each species to get a rough idea. Also, there's a tool on the UHC site that you can use: https://www.uhcapps.co.uk/trophycheck/index.php (If you aren't a member of UHC right now, feel free to join via the link in my signature - thanks).
The trophy checker of the UHC site shows the percentage of your harvest compared to the highest possible score of the species. Be aware that for some animals (reindeer for example), anything over 85% is considered a trophy - while for other species (like grey wolves for example), you'd need at least a 95% score to have a real mounter. Knowing this comes with experience. I'm sure we could put some numbers together - the thresholds that constitute a trophy for each species - but of course there are slightly different opinions. It also depends on how much you play - naturally, if you're a casual hunter you'll find the high scores less frequent and will value them more.

Regarding the moose: I'd say that anything over 200 is a really nice trophy and anything over 220 is considered a sure mounter by almost every player. A 184 is not bad, but you'll find better ones with time. Can't say much about that sitka, I don't hunt them much. I'd say a trophy starts somewhere between 100 and 110...

VonStratos wrote:A simple guideline is check the highest scores per animal in the leaderboard, then if your animal scores around 10 or 15% less than the animals there you can call it a trophy, of course thats is a guide not a rule, if you register yourself in the UHC site you will have access to many tools including one that check your animal and tell you if its a trophy and even generate an automatic link so you can post and share, you can register trough the referral link under my signature and this is the link to the trophy checker tool. ;)

http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/trophycheck/index.php

Edit:Tanngnjostr beat me to answer first :lol:
ok, great! thanks for the info and links. i guess the experience thing comes with time. Im from Zimbabwe, and do a lot of hunting here, but i guess thats mute for hunting the animals in game.

on the sitka, i looked up that the max score is 90, so i figured an 82 would be right up there?
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Vossie92 wrote:on the sitka, i looked up that the max score is 90, so i figured an 82 would be right up there?
I'm not sure where you're looking, but the top 100 on the Sitka leaderboard are all above 110.
Personal Bests...
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Vossie92 wrote:on the sitka, i looked up that the max score is 90, so i figured an 82 would be right up there?
For some animals, scoring has been changed drastically at one point. A 90 sitka would've been a trophy some seasons ago, but right now they go up to 113, judging from the current leaderboard.
Image Image Image
Vossie92

Post by Vossie92 »

Fletchette wrote:
I'm not sure where you're looking, but the top 100 on the Sitka leaderboard are all above 110.
Tanngnjostr wrote:
For some animals, scoring has been changed drastically at one point. A 90 sitka would've been a trophy some seasons ago, but right now they go up to 113, judging from the current leaderboard.
ja, i just checked the leader boards. so the site, https://thehunterinfo.weebly.com/animal-species.html , is no longer valid. it was one of the first sights that popped up in google when i searched for how to judge a good score
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

This is the updated leaderboard :https://www.thehunter.com/#leaderboards
you can access right from the main website, is one of the tabs right in the upper part of the site.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

In the beginning of my tHC career I wrote a list for each and every reserve. It consisted of the huntable animals and also what their top scores were. I took those from the leaderboards list.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

I go by the leaderboards, some animals are weird with scoring.

Reindeer get up to 700+ score bit a 550+ id consider very big, this is because the 600's and 700's are very very rare.
Whitetail get up to 205 but a 170+ is what id consider a pretty great score.

Then obviously the lower the max score then closer to max would be a big.
What i man by this is, a 15 black bear is not big (about 8 score under max)
but if it comes to a wild boar that gets up to 1270 score, then something withen the top 170 score (1100+) is a giant
Nathan22Outdoors

Return to “General Chat”