long tracking time after lungshots

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: long tracking time after lungshots

Post by Tanngnjostr »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Why? If the one from 2014 hasn't been dealt with, what makes you think this one will?
First, I think that Martin does look into bug reports thoroughly. I often see replies from him in the bug section. That doesn't mean that they'll fix it, but at least it brings the issue back onto their radar.
Second, only after posting a bug report we're allowed to wait a few weeks and then start to complain and be grumpy. I'm just joking.

Gas already created one by the way - feel free to add to it if you have any additional information: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&p=941145

You never know - who would've thought we get increased render range in the end?
Image Image Image
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I've seen deer go over a mile in real life after a one lung shot. I wouldn't consider this to be a bug.
As far as the tracks going from fleeing to roaming, I don't know why that is a problem either. If they get far enough away from the hunter they can relax a little, until being alerted again.
A lot of it is going to be determined by the pursuit too. Push them too much and you will have a tougher / longer tracking job.
I dunno, I guess I'm just not as quick to suspect bugs, especially when I see the same behavior in real life.
If I take a shot in this game & realize right away that the angle was bad or I just flat out muffed the shot and only hit one lung, I am prepared for what could be a long tracking job. No big deal. It should make me be a little more careful next time.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

They always go back to roaming before dying with 1 lung, don't they? Even Whitetails and Mules and so on. In my experience they drop some lung blood (4 or so domes) then run awhile, then return to roaming, then bleed again and die within a few more tracks. Is that not intended..?

With Sambar, well, they're just broke as hell and everyone knows it :lol: Way too tough, esp. compared with bull elk etc.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

TheSheWolf wrote:They always go back to roaming before dying with 1 lung, don't they? Even Whitetails and Mules and so on. In my experience they drop some lung blood (4 or so domes) then run awhile, then return to roaming, then bleed again and die within a few more tracks. Is that not intended..?
its more like 7 tracks of lung blood ---> 3 fleeing tracks --> dead animal
gas56 wrote:This kind of topic should be reported in the bug section,...
because not much will come out of it being posted in the General Chat section unless someone also that reads this reports it as a recent bug.
Anything that feels like it is not working as it should or even thought of being a bug should be reported or at least looked at in the Bug Section
to join other already observed subjects. Consistent reporting of a new bug or a known bug substantiates it's legitimacy that it is
still ongoing or happening, and needs to be looked at to finally get it fixed.
Have a good day.
hey moody gas;), before i add something to the bug-report list i wanted to check if others also have this problem, i also didnt pay too much attention to have relevant data, it was just a few times in a row yesterday. but that was the next step. so thank you for posting a bug report.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Maybe it depends on the bow? I'm mainly using PP and that's my experience, they leave some blood, flee, then once they return to roaming, they bleed & die. I think they might have dropped faster with the heavy recurve, though.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Granti wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:They always go back to roaming before dying with 1 lung, don't they? Even Whitetails and Mules and so on. In my experience they drop some lung blood (4 or so domes) then run awhile, then return to roaming, then bleed again and die within a few more tracks. Is that not intended..?
its more like 7 tracks of lung blood ---> 3 fleeing tracks --> dead animal
hey moody gas;), before i add something to the bug-report list i wanted to check if others also have this problem, i also didnt pay too much attention to have relevant data, it was just a few times in a row yesterday. but that was the next step. so thank you for posting a bug report.
Hey moody gas? Is that anything like helium filled balloons where you breathe it in and then you talk funny?............. :lol:
Don't take this personal, it was not intended at all to be anything negative.
When I read this in the Gen. Chat,.. it tipped me right off that you were talking about something not right with the game.
This isn't the 1st time this has happened and somewhere there was a bug report about part of the info you included in this post,
but I searched also and could not find it through the mess of the bug section so I initiated a new bug report with Tanns suggestion.
Now if everyone that has had this problem where the animal doesn't kill over after being hit with a lung bow shot and continues to roam long distances and blood signs quit
and tracks change erratically without health loss and the animal needs a second shot then that is not intended as the game originally works.
It doesn't really matter what other players have observed and sometimes think it is something else, when you play this game long enough you know how something is amiss when it happens.
Even if it sounds relative to the way how some things work in the game which is interpreted as that, but is not the case.
Only a bug report will put attention on it, and whether it is a bug or not can be figured out only by posting it in the bug section so anybody else that
has the unique problem can verify it with more info also to substantiate it's existence to date for all relevant information on it.
I hope this brings a new light of information where sometimes posts in the General Chat section really does get lost in the General Chat section and
never does get looked at if it isn't brought up in the Bug Section to verify if it is working properly or not. So hopefully other players will help out by adding info to the bug,
or it will stay a General Chat Bug and get lost in the vast files as many have been before.
Sorry for all the misconfusion, and have a good day........................GAS

P.S. When the Fast Roaming bug was observed, it had 3 different effects that could happen along with it, and sometimes tracking still can be observed with 1 of these traits of it.
Even when Bugs are fixed they sometimes reoccur with their once well known leftover traits.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

no hard feelings. as said; the intention was to create a bug report after it was verified by some other players. it happens that something that does not feel right is indeed intended game-design.

thanks again for creating the bug report, lets hope devs will sort it out.

and thats for you :D ;)

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Granti wrote:no hard feelings. as said; the intention was to create a bug report after it was verified by some other players. it happens that something that does not feel right is indeed intended game-design.
thanks again for creating the bug report, lets hope devs will sort it out.
and thats for you :D ;)
;) Just listen to the funny voices............
Terzi1985
Scout

Post by Terzi1985 »

Thanks for bumping up this issue again, more it is brought to light, better the change it get's fixed some day.

This indeed is an issue that atleast for me makes the gaming experience far less enjoyable. Yes I know that in real life many animals may even survive and recover from a single lung hits, or atleast live for a long time before expiring, but not always.
The problem is... well, let's forget the huntermate for a moment, let's forget what organs it says to be hit, let's just think it this way: more than adequate bows with more than enough of penetration capability to make fast double lung kills in real life, with shots that you know were as good as they can be in terms of shot placement and moderate ranges, the game keeps producing long and frustrating tracking jobs that go just as long every time, you can play orienteering by guessing where you will find your dead animal, that's not all too realistic. The game keeps producing single lung hits with bows that I could swear to make better job in real life with similar shots. That is another issue but anyway, it seems to me that either you drop your pray down on it's feet or prepare to a long tracking job every time, unless it's a moose or roe deer.

I'd love to hunt more with the longbow and good old recurve bow but I'm not always in the mood for taking that risk of tracking marathon after perfectly good shots, just because something in the game is unable to produce more realistic results, I switch to compound bow and I save myself a lot of frustration. In real life though, the animals don't care about if it was an arrow from old or modern recurve bow, or a latest and greatest compound bow on the market, if it's full pass through or double lung, it's game over just the same as long as the broadhead was up to the job, even with single lung shots, changes are that the animal won't be going far before laying down, certainly not going hunreds and hundreds of meters every single time.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

What I find irritating is it is so inconsistent. I have been a bowhunter (Flatbow) for many years & I wish I could say I have dropped all the deer in short distances but the awful truth is I have made some bad hits on deer. Some of them went a few hundred yards, one memorable one went nearly 2 miles & another I never found. What all of them have in common though is I could tell when I saw the arrow impact what I was in for before I even started tracking. Anatomy is anatomy & with extremely rare exception all the pieces are in the same place (I once shot a doe with 2 hearts, no sh*t!) on every animal so if you hit (A) generally speaking (B) will happen. RNG happens IRL as well so the reaction isnt something you can set your watch to but it will fall within a relatively small window. What irritates me is when you release the string in Classic you got no idea what will happen when the arrow impacts. I can see the arrow hit & yet when I recover the deer the vitals shown hit are nonsense. Just a few weeks ago I shot a whitetail that was walking towards me with a compound bow. I hit him right in the pocket of the shoulder. The arrow SHOULD have taken both lungs at least & with the way EW has the heart to high it probably as well. The buck ran off. After a lengthy tracking session I find the deer & by some miracle the arrow managed to go from his chest (he was walking at me remember) all the way through the animal & hit nothing until it gets to the intestines & stomach. Honestly I havent hunted with the bow since that happened.

I seriously doubt fixing this is very high on EWs list if its even on their radar. What is needed is a more comprehensive approach to the animals anatomy & much tighter tolerances on hitboxes. Whether this is just a game or a simulation is irrelevant. All the guns, all the calls, all the gear comes down to the shot. To THAT MOMENT when you release the string/pull the trigger. If poor game design or even just RNG bites you in the keister & blows it for you all the "cool stuff" that got you to that moment is quickly forgotten.

Return to “General Chat”