What to buy

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ujurak

What to buy

Post by Ujurak »

I have been looking into a couple of things I want to buy for the game, and I'd like someones input and experience with these things on whether or not they are good choices, and maybe even some good alternatives. I will list the things I was thinking about buying.
- Reverse Draw (also does anyone know what the spook range is on this thing?)
-Compound Bow Pulsar
-45-70 Lever action
-.340 Weatherby
-.30R O/U
-9.3x74 O/U
I was also wondering what your guys' opinions on what I should get clothing-wise. I care more about aesthetics rather than functionality, because I have lots of the functional clothes like the camos.

Thank you :D
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: What to buy

Post by Nathan112244 »

Depends what u like hunting.

For large game nothing can beat the 340 in my opinion for close and long range.
For medium game the .30 R seems to do better all around in terms of close to long range.
For bows both are amazing and i quicked have both maxed out, more of personal preference if u want a bow or crossbow.
Nathan22Outdoors
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Well... Having almost every weapon in-game I would say, from looking at your list, that the weapon of personal choice would be the .30R O/U. Simply because it's fun and powerful. Even at range. I like it way better than the 9.3X74. The .45-70 and the .340 has another role, a bit less used, than the others listed and are hard to compare to others than those of the same category of weapons. You've been listing a wide spread of weapons which are hard to separate to one only. I'd go for three of them.

.30R

.340 (a bit more bang for the buck compared to the .45-70).

Reverse Draw Crossbow (very powerful and pleasant to use. It's, again, hard to compare to all bows but if one would choose only one from that wide category this would be the one. The spook range is unclear but if you learn to make kills from 40m, the second dot in the scope, you'll probably never spook stuff. I love my reverse draw but it's unfortunately maxed out and therefore rarely used nowadays. The pulsar is nice too, probably has at least only half the spook range and is powerful. It's a tough choice, indeed. But still, being able to go prone and to make longer shots without getting tired from "aiming" puts the crossbow on top).

As to clothes... The Royal or Executive outfits are very nice I think. It raises the snobbish feeling of hunting. Or the outback outfit. That one has a wide range of use actually. My two most used outfits and I have many.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I assume you already have the Trailrunner bundle? Best bundle ever.

I then would advise a bow (my fav is the parker + the sight) a crossbow I like but i am not a fan much.
a .22 or even beter the /.17HMV for small game and foxes. Having both the .30 /ou and the 9.3x74 O/U would be a bit same-y and would consider a different weapon for the .30 as both weapons are similar but the 9.3 is offering a bigger scale of animals to legally hunt.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

.30 is the best all rounder, you can go lets say to RFF and hunt everything there just with that rifle, now if you really are going to spend a lot of time hunting water buffalo and bison then Weatherby is your choice, for xbow i like the TenPoint but that is personal taste, both are good options, for bows will depend in how do you like to hunt, the Pulsar is more oriented to people that lure the prey for the shoot, ideal for tree stand shots, due the animation and aiming style, if you are more an stalker then Parker Phyton may suit you better, Snakebite is very nice too but only have a pin in the sight, good to learn to aim without sights and pack a hard punch too...at the end the bows are prety much a personal style since there is no one definitive "best bow" they all do the same job just in a different way, try look hunts and reviews in youtube to see which one suit you better.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

Trailrunner bundle for sure. The .340 over the 45-70 IMO. I like the 7mm, very light & accurate, legal on more animals and powerful enough for anything you can't use the .340 on. A .22 or .17 is a very good suggestion too. Reverse draw for a X-bow and IA's Heavy re-curve and the Snakebite for bows. I find I shoot better without the range-finder & light-up bow sights and the Pulsar is too slow IMHO. ymmv
Generalkommendant wrote:I'd go for three of them.

.30R

.340 (a bit more bang for the buck compared to the .45-70).

Reverse Draw Crossbow (very powerful and pleasant to use. It's, again, hard to compare to all bows but if one would choose only one from that wide category this would be the one. The spook range is unclear but if you learn to make kills from 40m, the second dot in the scope, you'll probably never spook stuff. I love my reverse draw but it's unfortunately maxed out and therefore rarely used nowadays. The pulsar is nice too, probably has at least only half the spook range and is powerful. It's a tough choice, indeed. But still, being able to go prone and to make longer shots without getting tired from "aiming" puts the crossbow on top).

As to clothes... The Royal or Executive outfits are very nice I think. It raises the snobbish feeling of hunting. Or the outback outfit. That one has a wide range of use actually. My two most used outfits and I have many.
I agree with General but would get the 7mm Bullpup instead of the .30R due to the weight and versatility of the 7mm.
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

I love the Reverse Draw Crossbow. Named it Doe Killer. Its a lot of fun and fairly silent at good range and timing when hunting a herd. I have the 30r and its excellent but I have come to prefer the -9.3x74 O/U. Im fairly new and 3 of the weapons you listed have given me good success with minimal frustration.
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

Just from looking at your list I can say:

The 45-70 & the Pulsar are fantastic and will allow you to slaughter animals on every reserve.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

340 is a no nonesense weapon. for big game it dont mess about :D
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Also, the .340 has far less drop on the longer ranges then the .45-70

Return to “General Chat”