Most accurate, hard hitting gun at long range?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Granti
Hunter

Re: Most accurate, hard hitting gun at long range?

Post by Granti »

gas56 wrote:
Granti wrote:you will get many answers for that question;)

but here is a thread from not long ago with exactly the same subject: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 06#p927718

the 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle is missing there

i for myself really like the .300 and im really impressed by the knock-down power of the .30-06 stutzen
Most powerful/versatile Rifles? that Post link has nothing to do with Most accurate, hard hitting gun at long range. The .340 Wbee would fill this slot (as an example)
Those rifles were picked because of their hard hitting/versatile allowable lists range. As the .300 win mag was. (as an example)
yea, i mis-read the topic... :
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

lol

I think I wrote a pretty clear topic.
Vossie92

Post by Vossie92 »

notat all the flattes, but my favourite, is the 9.3x74R. ja, there is a lot of bullet drop, but i dialed that in on the range. and once you have that, its a great gun for its stopping power, as well as being ethical from roe deer all the way to water buffalo. my $0.02
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

imo there is next to none bullet drop on the more powerful rifles. Always hit pretty much spot on.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

ehr_Icaar wrote:imo there is next to none bullet drop on the more powerful rifles. Always hit pretty much spot on.
With the old render range, bullet drop was negligible for powerful rifles, basically for everything but handguns, bows/crossbows and a few small calibre rifles (Plinkster and air gun). When taking full advantage of the new render range (320 meters flat, possibly more than 500 meters when shooting from a mountain), you might have to factor in bullet drop a bit more, even for powerful rifles.
Image Image Image
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

ehr_Icaar wrote:imo there is next to none bullet drop on the more powerful rifles. Always hit pretty much spot on.
Just try to shoot a animal at +250m with the .340 weatherby(One of the most powerful rifles in the game), and you will change your mind... ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

For me , the reliable .300 is my choice for pretty much all situations .
Found from exp that some , like the 9.3 break , drops way too much for long , long distances .My opinion of course .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

DYEUZ wrote:For me , the reliable .300 is my choice for pretty much all situations .
Found from exp that some , like the 9.3 break , drops way too much for long , long distances .My opinion of course .
My exact thoughts as well, the .300 is great.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

FWIW I am a 7mm Mag fan but I did some testing shortly after the render distance increase & the trajectory of the 340, 300 & 7mm are virtually identical out to 400m. You would be equally well served with any of the 3 IMO.

Hunter.Glass

Post by Hunter.Glass »

The .300 is really good for long range like 200+ meters, maybe even the best, I got my longest hit of 301 meters with the .300 winter camo .
~Glass
Favorite Caliber: .300 - Favorite Species: Bear - Hunting Since: 2015 - PC: AMD 1500X, 12GB, 1050 Ti

Return to “General Chat”