TheHunter Call of The Wild VS TheHunter Classic 2

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Giuh
Spotter

Re: TheHunter Call of The Wild VS TheHunter Classic 2

Post by Giuh »

HooCairs wrote:
Giuh wrote:Apparently ducks are coming soon. And dogs are not a must have imo so idc.
Have they announced ducks? I forgot they have geese but these had so many issues I don't remember if I even shot one. How's that going these days?
To be honest the little I tried them worked well (around a month ago). They gave away a few clues on a new animal and everything seems is going to be ducks.
My main PC broke down a couple of weeks ago so I'm only playing THC now hehe. But is always good to alternate between the two :P
Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

HooCairs wrote: I forgot they have geese but these had so many issues I don't remember if I even shot one. How's that going these days?
They have fixed most of the bugs with Geese from what I have seen. They still do odd things on occasion so its not totally fixed. I have had hunts where the whole hunt everything went fine & other hunts where several birds in a flock will glitch so I stop hunting them.

Stopnaggin

Post by Stopnaggin »

Skybird wrote:The ATV is only to be used when exploring the map and unlocking the lookout points and cabins, or when doing a mission. Once you have done that and revealed all points of interests (usually highstands that you can build, and XP-collecting story points), the ATv is not useful anymore. As long as you do not want an action game.

Animal tracks in Classic mostly seem to be in a straight line, which makes it repetitive. You may find it easier to track and find and shoot and harvest the animal. But is that realistic? I find it more difficult to track and find animals in CotW, also because mostly the animals move faster, apparently, forcing you to move at higher sound cost as well.

The last herd of red deer I ran into (and got almost plowed under by...) had estimated 25-30 animals, two males I spotted, the rest females of two sizes at least, and another category of smaller animals which either were very small females, or calves. Anyhow, whether their fur was all the same or not, I cannot tell - I had no time to pay attention to such things. :) The animations are more natural, pace varies more, the animal behaviour looks far more convincing to me.

I LOVE it that callers do not work as robot-like as in classics. Mostly when i use callers, the animals do not react to it. Makes hunting more difficult, just laying in ambush and waiting to snipe can be done, but is another gameplay now.

Actually I now can identify not just by visual markers on the map but by animal behaviour that they have eating, drinking and resting areas. That they come out to the lake in early morning hours or evening hours to drink. That they rest. n classics I never was able to reliably identifiy in their behaviour that they followed such attractors for sure. Could as well have been me reading something into the situation that was not real.

The statiscal gameplay and scoring stuff I do not care for at all, I never was interested in that part of Classic. I played for the immersion of gameplay, the experience of taking part in the game's world. Thats why all this trophy posing and point scoring and such means nothing to me.

I was attacked multiple times in CotW by now, and killed four times. In Classic, that happened exactly four times as well: in 800 hours of gameplay. CotW so far I have played less than fifty hours. In general I find hunting more difficult in CotW. Which is good. More attempts in going after an animal i tracked or heard calling, fail. Also that is good, sicne more relaistic. The massacres players commit in a Classic session has nothing to do with realism, me thinks. :D

Anyhow, its just my two cents, its different strokes for different folks. I'm out again.
I can take out an entire herd of deer in COTW without any effort. Shoot one, use the call, shoot another, rinse and repeat. No so realistic imo. I also hunt in real life and I've never been able to do that. Not sure on Classic but in COTW you can actually use the ATV to herd animals into a spot where they get stuck. I've done it by accident on more than one occasion, all you have to do is sit back and plug away. Also in COTW, shooting an animal from further than 200 meters will not spook the rest of the herd, the other animals will keep on eating or drinking. Again I like COTW as I prefer to play on console, but it definitely has it's issues. It is by far the best hunting game I've seen on console, but the animal behavior is not realistic. I'm hoping they can add some variety as the game evolves, especially in rack variation.

Again they seriously need to fix the ATV, I realize its only for exploring but moving an 10kmph and getting thrown 300m away, or hitting a rock that isn't even visible or a small sapling that stops you in your tracks is terrible. Not to mention that every little bump you hit automatically steers you into a tree. Its almost like the trees are metal and the ATV is a magnetic.

But like you said different strokes. All games have things people would change but we still play them.
Giuh
Spotter

Post by Giuh »

Stopnaggin wrote:I can take out an entire herd of deer in COTW without any effort. Shoot one, use the call, shoot another, rinse and repeat. No so realistic imo.
Let's be real, head to Red Feather Falls, call in an elk herd and doing the same process you mentioned you'll take every animal down in minutes.

And again, until they add TruRACS and advanced scoring system, most of us won't take the game too seriously. But since the game isn't probably to be taken seriously (like THC for instance), then we might not receive this feature any soon.
Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
Spoiler:
Stopnaggin

Post by Stopnaggin »

Giuh wrote:
Stopnaggin wrote:I can take out an entire herd of deer in COTW without any effort. Shoot one, use the call, shoot another, rinse and repeat. No so realistic imo.
Let's be real, head to Red Feather Falls, call in an elk herd and doing the same process you mentioned you'll take every animal down in minutes.

And again, until they add TruRACS and advanced scoring system, most of us won't take the game too seriously. But since the game isn't probably to be taken seriously (like THC for instance), then we might not receive this feature any soon.
I would like to see some of the features put into COTW that Classic already has. New to Classic so I haven't seen any herds yet, but I'll take your word for it. The scoring in COTW is baffling at best, I've used several formulas to try and figure it out but haven't hit the mark yet. I would also like to see a trophy room eventually. Don't get me wrong I love playing COTW, I play it for what it is, not for what I wish it was, and its still fairly new so there is time to hope for some QOL upgrades. :D
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

This is the Hunter Classic forum..................... ;)

Some things are just about taste and what people really like.................... :lol:
Skybird
Hunter

Post by Skybird »

Stopnaggin wrote:
I can take out an entire herd of deer in COTW without any effort. Shoot one, use the call, shoot another, rinse and repeat. No so realistic imo. I also hunt in real life and I've never been able to do that. Not sure on Classic but in COTW you can actually use the ATV to herd animals into a spot where they get stuck. I've done it by accident on more than one occasion, all you have to do is sit back and plug away. Also in COTW, shooting an animal from further than 200 meters will not spook the rest of the herd, the other animals will keep on eating or drinking. Again I like COTW as I prefer to play on console, but it definitely has it's issues. It is by far the best hunting game I've seen on console, but the animal behavior is not realistic. I'm hoping they can add some variety as the game evolves, especially in rack variation.

Again they seriously need to fix the ATV, I realize its only for exploring but moving an 10kmph and getting thrown 300m away, or hitting a rock that isn't even visible or a small sapling that stops you in your tracks is terrible. Not to mention that every little bump you hit automatically steers you into a tree. Its almost like the trees are metal and the ATV is a magnetic.

But like you said different strokes. All games have things people would change but we still play them.
You are right, there are issues. But then , there are issues in Classic as well, and in most other games. What one puts into a sim (in the way one plays it, in own attitude) is what the sim gives back. Play it like an arcade game, like an action-die-hard sooper-dooper-bang-bang-bang Schwarzenegger type of guy, and that is what you get out of it. Me, with a gamepad I find it too fiddly and difficult to aim precisely as if I can shoot in fast sequence, I also lack the perks and achievements to speed up the readying and reloading process so far.

The only thing that really is an issue for me is that animals are too forgiving after one of theirs got shot, they run away, often in circles, and after short time come back again if the kill happened in a needs zone. That is the only issue I really am a bit irritated by, with the several other bugs there are, I can find an arrangement that does not kill my immersion.

The ATv problems, I think I know what yiu described, but I did not perceive them the way you described them, it was a good compromise between needing to make offroad driving risky, and yet managable for the game engine - not every obstacle that is visible to the eye is indeed substantial, material - but it is like that in Classic as well with bushes and certain rocks. I have explored and "unlocked all maps", and am not using ATVs anymore. Its no rally simulator.

The relatively high movement speed of animals force me to not be in stealth mode all time when following them, that raises the difficulty, and I welcome that, classic at the end became a bit too simple and repetitive for my taste. I still have not gained perks regarding improving the cllers, and maybe I will stay away from them at all, if people tell me here that the turn into 100% success callers with such perks. Like in a flightsim it is boring to do real-time trans-atlantic flights over 8 hours, it is not so interesting to sit still as a sniper for one hour and then shoot a bllet, and then wait again. Playing the Hunter to me always means: walk around in the open world, slow, sneaky, but keep moving. Subjective choice of gameplay. But each to his liking. The trophy and scoring frenzy and statistics stuff in classics never interested me.

When I play 2 hours in real time, I harvest 0 to 6 or 7 animals, it depends. I'm fine with that. I avoid shooting at moving targets, esoecially when they move fast, due to the ministick on the gamepad. With mouse on PC, I do it. But that is one of the biggest differences between consoles and PC versions of games: handling. Mouse is superior.
hours: >960 / Hunter Score: >8400

Return to “General Chat”