TheHunter Call of The Wild VS TheHunter Classic 2

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: TheHunter Call of The Wild VS TheHunter Classic 2

Post by Nathan112244 »

skogseide wrote:
I really like what you are saying ronMctube!

It may have to be something new for it to work, I just really really want this game to live on for many many years, but I think it has to be upgraded one way or the other to survive.

I'm all in for waking up the dragons den, as long as the devs can make this happen! :D

Lets say a random number of players the game will loose due to poor computers; 10000. Half of those will most like upgrade and come back sooner or later. The rest will be replaced by new players due to the upgraded game.

Maybe I want this so much that I can't accept the fact of how difficult it would be. However, I'm a believer, and I believe we can have theHunter 2! :) and I rather see it now before players starts leaving due to outdated graphics or leave to play other new hunting games.

You're acting like people want to spend over $1,000 on a new PC to run a game with a brand new engine just to spend more money on the game. I doubt there will be more hunting games coming sooner or later as u sail, last successful hunting game that isn't an Arcade style was what? Hunting Unlimited in 2009?
If they do make a "TheHunter Classic 2 " it will probs cost for the game its self and then on top of that you would probs have to pay for the stuff they add like COTW. If you pay for a game, you should only need to pay for DLC and the game should be finished without bugs.

Look at COTW, one year later after the release date (unfinished) there are still a ton of bugs (from what i hear) and not only is it a game that costs money but you also need to buy the DLC's and everything they add.
Nathan22Outdoors
Zycho
Spotter

Post by Zycho »

How do you get to 6 million USD for a new engine? There are older engines that would still be a step forward, costing $ 250,000, with 8,000 active players earning that money alone every year with the hunting license ... (No idea if 8,000 active players are too little or too much). I also think that it is not just the graphics that are important to many, but the renewals as a whole. It would have much more often new animal behavior, new hunting techniques etc. brought into play, for 35 € / per year happened in the game development too little in my opinion. I realize that you make more money with new weapons and items, but the relationship between items and gameplay (including graphics) should not be disproportionate.

Do you moderators have a possibility to pass on our wishes / criticism to the developers? Maybe the developers could also comment on it...

Follow our crew on instagram
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Zycho wrote:How do you get to 6 million USD for a new engine? There are older engines that would still be a step forward, costing $ 250,000, with 8,000 active players earning that money alone every year with the hunting license ... (No idea if 8,000 active players are too little or too much). I also think that it is not just the graphics that are important to many, but the renewals as a whole. It would have much more often new animal behavior, new hunting techniques etc. brought into play, for 35 € / per year happened in the game development too little in my opinion. I realize that you make more money with new weapons and items, but the relationship between items and gameplay (including graphics) should not be disproportionate.

Do you moderators have a possibility to pass on our wishes / criticism to the developers? Maybe the developers could also comment on it...
He's not saying that licensing a new game engine would cost $6 million, he's estimating that the cost of porting the game over to a new engine would cost in the range of $6 million. You don't get a game engine, and a functioning game magically pops out. Porting this game over to another engine is basically starting over from scratch. In addition to other licenses that would be needed, and infrastructure, etc., it could easily take a team of developers and graphics artists a couple years to recreate all the content in the game using a new engine. The vast majority of his estimate is for the salaries and benefits for those developers. In addition, you've ignored the large monthly costs of hosting a game. Steam takes a large cut of sales revenue, and the cost of the Google hosting, app engine, and database hosting is hundreds of thousand of dollars a year.
Personal Bests...
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

it would probably be avalanche who do the project with Expansive worlds.they have their own engine.so it wouldnt cost them to use it.makes no sense to pay royalties to other companies when they have a brand new gourgeous engine already. remember consoles can play it fine. we are in 2018.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

I don't know EW's business model but here are some question marks I got from being from Sweden:
Why in the world is EW located in Sweden? If you have a business which is localized and with local customers it's nothing strange that you should have a swedish reg. company to do so. But if you have a international, not necessarily locally produced product - as software really isn't created from where the HQ is located, you wouldn't be in your right mind registering it in Sweden. The staff are mostly foreign. The customers are mostly foreign. Why oh why be located in one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to taxation? There's no need in my mind. I would move INSTANTLY (as everybody else does). That alone would double the net income for EW. But then again, I don't relly know their business model. Maybe they've found a way through. But certain things you can not avoid when being placed in Sweden. And certainly not while being placed in the most expensive city in Sweden at an expensive address as well. The customers are as far from Stockholm as they could ever be. And the salaries for employees are crazy over taxed in Sweden. Why oh why?
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Generalkommendant wrote:I don't know EW's business model but here are some question marks I got from being from Sweden:
Why in the world is EW located in Sweden? If you have a business which is localized and with local customers it's nothing strange that you should have a swedish reg. company to do so. But if you have a international, not necessarily locally produced product - as software really isn't created from where the HQ is located, you wouldn't be in your right mind registering it in Sweden. The staff are mostly foreign. The customers are mostly foreign. Why oh why be located in one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to taxation? There's no need in my mind. I would move INSTANTLY (as everybody else does). That alone would double the net income for EW. But then again, I don't relly know their business model. Maybe they've found a way through. But certain things you can not avoid when being placed in Sweden. And certainly not while being placed in the most expensive city in Sweden at an expensive address as well. The customers are as far from Stockholm as they could ever be. And the salaries for employees are crazy over taxed in Sweden. Why oh why?
Surströmming...
Personal Bests...
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Fletchette wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:I don't know EW's business model but here are some question marks I got from being from Sweden:
Surströmming...
Actually you're probably closer to the truth than you might intend. Because it must boil down to someone's personal preferences rather than the companies best option. Say; living in Stockholm, eating "surströmming" at midsummer, speaking swedish at the grocery store etc. All this comes at a cost and must be financed ofc. As for everybody else in this world. But I for one can't understand this product still being "made" in Sweden. If I was a shareholder I would vote for an emigration. And. If I'd still like to live in Sweden even after. I could tax my income being harvested from the company, alone, in Sweden. Not at the expense of the entire net income of the company.
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

My only issue with "old classic" is that some of the animals are pretty ugly. Not a hard fix and wouldn't necessarily be more taxing on computers. It would make a massive difference though. Some of the general world textures could use an update too. Of course everyone would complain so I don't see why they would try. :roll:
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

A lot of people have spent hundreds or thousands so it makes it much more difficult to leave those people in the dust. As far as call of the wild that game is complimentary to the thehunter classic. I started on cotw but after a few weeks started the classic and find it difficult to go back. Just love the hunting style in the classic and using the Boone & Crockett system rather than some pointless naming scheme ( bronze- diamond). Also tree stand hunting is a must ,not to mention bird hunting. Those magpie geese give me nightmares though lol.
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Generalkommendant wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
Surströmming...
Actually you're probably closer to the truth than you might intend. Because it must boil down to someone's personal preferences rather than the companies best option. Say; living in Stockholm, eating "surströmming" at midsummer, speaking swedish at the grocery store etc. All this comes at a cost and must be financed ofc. As for everybody else in this world. But I for one can't understand this product still being "made" in Sweden. If I was a shareholder I would vote for an emigration. And. If I'd still like to live in Sweden even after. I could tax my income being harvested from the company, alone, in Sweden. Not at the expense of the entire net income of the company.

How about good infrastucture or an enviroment that draws talent.
I don't think many employees would follow them to the Sunderbans or whereever they might put up shop.

Return to “General Chat”