Friend Requests

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: Friend Requests

Post by Nathan112244 »

I think some low lvled noob just sent u a friend request ;)
Nathan22Outdoors
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

SoftShoe wrote:This is sure to spark a lively convo :)
While I love a good kumbya moment as much as the next guy I draw the line at group hugs.
You sir, are my long lost twin. :lol:

By the way... I have sent NO requests... to anyone.
Been gaming long enough to know I gotta make my presence known.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I have lvl 0 guys add me constantly and i think this is due to server settings being on friends only at times and its their way to join anyway.

I did send you a friendrequest but realised that you can only send introductory messages after the friendrequest is accepted.

I have several offensive messages by free to play players after i had to boot them from server so i'd love the option of deleting these
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I accept "unsolicited" friend requests only if it's an active player I recognize from the forum or someone I just played with in a MP game. Otherwise I do reject them. If a new player is looking for an experienced hunting partner and maybe saw my name in here, I'm happy to help, but at least put in the effort and send me a short PM, explaining where you know me from and why you sent me a friend request.
Oh, and sometimes I'm going through the list and remove players that haven't been active for a while. It's not meant in a bad way, but I try to keep the list short and I don't need people in it that have left the game a while ago and that I haven't talked to in ages.

Regarding offensive messages: luckily I never got any, but you can contact support and they might remove them and also have a talk with the person who sent them.
Image Image Image
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

SoftShoe wrote:This is sure to spark a lively convo :)

Lately I have been getting a bunch of friend requests in game. Many are new guest hunters (low to no huntermate score) . You can call me a crotchety old ******* & not be more then 1/2 wrong but if we haven't chatted/argued together on the forums or joined one of my MP hunts then we aint friends. If we aint freinds then dont send me a friend request because it will be denied. I have to assume these guys are just going down the line sending friend requests to everyone hoping to be able to use their stuff in MP hunts. While I love a good kumbya moment as much as the next guy I draw the line at group hugs.

Here is my criteria for accepting friend requests. If we have chatted on the forums, even if we disagree, I will accept a friend request. Some of my best friends I argue with daily. While its no doubt the world would be a better place if everyone agreed with me, it sure would be a duller one ;) If you are a paid supporter with a membership I will similarly accept a friend request. I may not know who you are but if your willing to support the game with your $$$ then there aint no reason we couldnt be friends.

If you have sent me a friend request & it has been denied, become a member or make yourself known on the forums otherwise I will continue to deny your requests.
If you use multi player alot and have a good setup this happens.
Spoiler:
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

I request friend all the time if i see player from same country. So no big deal 0 or 9999 points

Return to “General Chat”