Friend Requests

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Friend Requests

Post by SoftShoe »

This is sure to spark a lively convo :)

Lately I have been getting a bunch of friend requests in game. Many are new guest hunters (low to no huntermate score) . You can call me a crotchety old ******* & not be more then 1/2 wrong but if we haven't chatted/argued together on the forums or joined one of my MP hunts then we aint friends. If we aint freinds then dont send me a friend request because it will be denied. I have to assume these guys are just going down the line sending friend requests to everyone hoping to be able to use their stuff in MP hunts. While I love a good kumbya moment as much as the next guy I draw the line at group hugs.

Here is my criteria for accepting friend requests. If we have chatted on the forums, even if we disagree, I will accept a friend request. Some of my best friends I argue with daily. While its no doubt the world would be a better place if everyone agreed with me, it sure would be a duller one ;) If you are a paid supporter with a membership I will similarly accept a friend request. I may not know who you are but if your willing to support the game with your $$$ then there aint no reason we couldnt be friends.

If you have sent me a friend request & it has been denied, become a member or make yourself known on the forums otherwise I will continue to deny your requests.

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Friend Requests

Post by DYEUZ »

I received and still receive some friend request also , in the matter you describe . Back couple months / years , it was said , that some were kinda sent automatically .
Some mechanical system was doing that , or something like that . So, i don't bother no more and deny any request i don't know .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i was getting a bunch for a while. and then they stopped....i guess i now know, the reason why.... there giving me a break by picking on someone else..... :lol: :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Sounds like a logical plan, Soft Shoe.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Mwall
Tracker

Post by Mwall »

Yep,yep, They all get the boot unless I've talked and or hunted with them.
Every now and then I will open a MP to all with rules.The last one I had this happens......
A guy ( I won't call a hunter)came in and shot every animal he found and he never harvested one. Me and another guy ( a friend now) found dead animals everywhere. Then the guy sent me a friends request and I gave him the boot real quick.
If you are rude or don't use the right weapon and don't harvest all animals you shoot or at least give it your best I will now KICK you from the game and reject any friend request sent......
Last edited by Mwall on May 24th, 2018, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

Geez if you didn’t want to be my friend you could’ve just told me. No need to make up some elaborate explanation. I’ll stop now.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I get quite a few friend requests. If I recognize the name I accept but if not I usually don't. I always worry that it's someone I know because lots of people (myself included) have different forum and ingame names.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Raptor02 wrote:Geez if you didn’t want to be my friend you could’ve just told me. No need to make up some elaborate explanation. I’ll stop now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I share your thoughts SoftShoe... In fact, not too long ago, I "reached out" to some of the forum members and sent some requests. Some of the good guys, so to speak. Now, I haven't hunted with a majority of them. Yet. But when I lock my MP's it's usually for "friends only".
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the friends request list has been broken or limit can be reached for ages.so if anyone wonders why you not added that is why.i have hundreds of people and messages that cant be cleared.mentioned it 10/20 times.
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

I wish we could delete messages. I think I offended some dude by not accepting their request or their "advice" to me they decided to send when they saw a forum post I made. Now every time I click on messages to see Doc shaking his finger at me, I get to see the mild insult that nice fellow made at the start of his final message pouting over my lack of response.

Perhaps support can remove messages - has anyone tried this?

Return to “General Chat”