RE***** code email

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
sniper68
Spotter

Re: RE***** code email

Post by sniper68 »

:cry: no i did not get email :cry:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I don't think there's anything misleading about the email, but it clearly went to the wrong distribution list.
We haven't seen you around in a while
Not quite accurate for AngelOne63, based on harvests this season. That said, it makes perfect sense to target inactive users with news about this change to the game, and a membership discount coupled with the extended render range is a perfect way to entice old players back.
AngelOne63
Tracker

Post by AngelOne63 »

is the first time I receive this email ... not knowing English well I thought it was a 20% discount on Spotting Scope and rifle scope, given the image, (as I think Beano8U thought) reading better I understood that it was the licenses. I do not know why it was addressed to me ... (We have not seen you around for a while), I play almost every day ...
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

oh nice. I was hoping on membership sales. But I didnt know they only wanted to make money on selected members. Thats really strange and very selective
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

rhapsodaisical wrote:oh nice. I was hoping on membership sales. But I didnt know they only wanted to make money on selected members. Thats really strange and very selective
I think the intention was right but there was a mistake with the distribution list. After releasing such a game-changing feature, it would make sense to reach out to inactive players with a membership discount code. If it gets more players back to the game and buying memberships, it can only be a good thing for everyone. The fact the email seems to have gone to the wrong people, and that it's now plastered around the forum, is not ideal. People understandably feel let down when others receive a promotional offer and they don't. Unfortunate outcome.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I see your point. And yes great move. But I have about 2 yrs of gametime but no towers what so ever. Love to get my hands on some as well.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

rhapsodaisical wrote:I see your point. And yes great move. But I have about 2 yrs of gametime but no towers what so ever. Love to get my hands on some as well.
In my 1,5 years I've gotten 3 just by completing mission events and another 6 from membership bundles. They do hand them out.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I never knew there were towers as missionrewards
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

rhapsodaisical wrote:I never knew there were towers as missionrewards
On two or three occasions they gave a tower for completing a mission pack during special events. Other than that, you can get them for buying a 6-month membership (one tower) or a 12-month membership (three towers).
Image Image Image
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

I'm sorry I was so disappointed I didn't get the email earlier. But as someone else also mentioned, I tend to purchase items as they become available too.
Never really salty for too long. Love the game and will keep buying new items. If the gift codes are for particular persons, (whether it be random or loyalty based etc) perhaps hand out the codes without exposing the new content, perhaps give out a code early with a hint that it should be used on "Thursday after the update"?
Once again, I was salty at the time but still see that there is a method to madness lol. Always is :P
Calmed down now :) I love my new rifle and spotter scope.
I am all for the rangefinder scope, but.... we never had one before. Always relied on the rangefinder binos and spotter scope for longer distance animals.

Return to “General Chat”