Neat Attention to Detail

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Neat Attention to Detail

Post by TheSheWolf »

Just a random thing I was impressed with; I'd never noticed when up hunting Ibex how closely-detailed the foliage was. TheHunter's devs actually researched and put in alpine plants JUST for upper Val-des-Bois. I don't know why I'm surprised; I shouldn't be. But I was very pleased to find a personal favorite:

It is (unless I'm drastically wrong) Edelweiss, a renowned alpine flower related to the daisy, used on many military & country coats of arms and badges, and held in generally very high regard in alpine Europe. Some who grew up earlier may remember it as the focus of a song in the Nazi-era-setting musical The Sound of Music. So that was a nice little surprise to find up there :) Good job with this, guys, I know it's older but I'd never noticed it before!

- A photo of the real flower (not mine of course) -

It makes me wonder if there's anything else I've missed, or anything anyone else has noticed that's equally obscure but cool/accurate?
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: Neat Attention to Detail

Post by J_Birdman »

I agree, very neat. VDB and BR got some extra love in the wiki when it comes to foliage, RB and TT to a lesser extent. HooCairs included some info in the Wiki for them. Plant species and pictures are at the bottom of VDB's and BR's pages, RB's and TT's pages have some plant info in their descriptions at the top.
Have you found all of the barns in SC, cabins in RF, or buildings in TT? There may be other buildings in RB too, aside from the ones at some of the Points of Interest, but I don't recall. And supposedly there's a "golden pick" somewhere in TT, but I've yet to find it. If you'd like to know how many, I've put them in this spoiler. I'm not sure it counts as a spoiler really, but just in case..
Spoiler:
I think there are 5 barns in SC, 4 cabins in RF, and I've found 11 buildings/areas in TT so far.(in addition to the three mines and dredge)
*Please don't accidentally spoil, use the forum spoiler feature!*
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

J_Birdman wrote: Have you found all of the barns in SC, cabins in RF, or buildings in TT? There may be other buildings in RB too, aside from the ones at some of the Points of Interest, but I don't recall.
Don't forget Settler Creeks has a little cave you can go in. :)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Ravenousfox wrote:
J_Birdman wrote: Have you found all of the barns in SC, cabins in RF, or buildings in TT? There may be other buildings in RB too, aside from the ones at some of the Points of Interest, but I don't recall.
True, I did forget about that. Man that was a fun discovery.
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

Shot a bobcat in the front leg with an arrow the other day. It didn't spook but limped away. First time I've seen an animal limp in game. Nice detail!
ratcat

Post by ratcat »

Ravenousfox wrote:
Wow, where?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Just a mention, IIRC, the foliage and fauna in VdB was described quite well in the Game Update when it was released. That reserve is a masterpiece. The Ibex are one of the great models in the game. The mountains of VdB are immense and extremely well done. It took me over a year to learn to climb the ropes, so literally 60% of the hunting area there was unavailable. Once you get up to all of the upper areas, its vast and beautiful.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

ratcat wrote: Wow, where?
Somewhere around here:
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

ratcat wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:
Wow, where?
Right here m8, in the red circle I've drawn for you. :)
Spoiler:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

don't forget the pile of milk cartons under the bridge in HF :D

Return to “General Chat”