Neat Attention to Detail

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ratcat

Re: Neat Attention to Detail

Postby ratcat » May 26th, 2018, 1:50 pm

Ravenousfox wrote:
ratcat wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Don't forget Settler Creeks has a little cave you can go in. :)

Wow, where?

Right here m8, in the red circle I've drawn for you. :)
Spoiler:

Oh, thanks ;)
chewik wrote:don't forget the pile of milk cartons under the bridge in HF :D

And now I need to know where is it too :D
J_Birdman
Hunter

Postby J_Birdman » May 26th, 2018, 2:31 pm

ratcat wrote:
chewik wrote:don't forget the pile of milk cartons under the bridge in HF :D

And now I need to know where is it too :D

There's only a few bridges there, go forth and discover!

In other words, I don't know either but now I'm gonna go looking. :p
Radamus
Trophy Hunter

Postby Radamus » May 29th, 2018, 6:25 pm

Speaking of attention to detail- I may have missed any discussions about it but I've noticed some different animal animations with deer lately so if there was a reference to it I did miss it.
I was in a TS on WHI and had some WT called in. They walked around and then they start trotting around. I heard them stomping around, thought I'd spooked them but no, they just got all frisky. I hadn't seen that before with WT.

I never knew about the cave, I've seen reference to it but never knew it was a thing.
Spoiler:
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Postby JamboWhoDat » May 29th, 2018, 6:59 pm

Radamus wrote:Speaking of attention to detail- I may have missed any discussions about it but I've noticed some different animal animations with deer lately so if there was a reference to it I did miss it.
I was in a TS on WHI and had some WT called in. They walked around and then they start trotting around. I heard them stomping around, thought I'd spooked them but no, they just got all frisky. I hadn't seen that before with WT.
Isn't that the behavior they do when a bobcat is near by?
Radamus
Trophy Hunter

Postby Radamus » May 29th, 2018, 8:41 pm

JamboWhoDat wrote:
Radamus wrote:Speaking of attention to detail- I may have missed any discussions about it but I've noticed some different animal animations with deer lately so if there was a reference to it I did miss it.

That would make sense! I thought the 2 might be connected. Although I didn't see a cat 1 of those times, I did a couple other so must have been one nearby I wasn't aware of.
Spoiler:
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Postby JamboWhoDat » May 29th, 2018, 10:14 pm

Radamus wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:

That would make sense! I thought the 2 might be connected. Although I didn't see a cat 1 of those times, I did a couple other so must have been one nearby I wasn't aware of.

They added this new animal interaction behavior when they released the bobcat. I use it to my advantage when hunting bobcats. Because they are so elusive and quiet, I sometimes don't see one sneaking to the e-caller until it is too late. I will call in a doe and use her as an early warning detection system. When she starts doing her "I'm on crack dance", I know to get ready because a bobcat is coming to the e-caller.
Radamus
Trophy Hunter

Postby Radamus » May 30th, 2018, 8:39 am

JamboWhoDat wrote:
Radamus wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:Isn't that the behavior they do when a bobcat is near by?

They added this new animal interaction behavior when they released the bobcat. I use it to my advantage when hunting bobcats. Because they are so elusive and quiet, I sometimes don't see one sneaking to the e-caller until it is too late. I will call in a doe and use her as an early warning detection system. When she starts doing her "I'm on crack dance", I know to get ready because a bobcat is coming to the e-caller.

OK, makes sense now. Yeah that's a bit I don't recall, I've had only a handful of hunts on reserves with cats since they came out.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”