Weird things

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
_dfad_
Scout

Re: Weird things

Post by _dfad_ »

Exanimis wrote:a piebald hog near the feeder, she was black with a wide white stripe over her shoulders and chest.
This one fur variation?

Unfortunately, it's only looking as a piebald, but appears as common in the results.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Currently the only technically rare hog is the albino, the rest are considered just common fur variations for the game, but the black with white is difficult to get and some players know it as the oreo pig.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

yeah _dfad_ that's the hog, good to know that I didn't miss out om a rare.
Thanks for the info VonStratos, I'll remember that from now on.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

VonStratos wrote:Currently the only technically rare hog is the albino, the rest are considered just common fur variations for the game, but the black with white is difficult to get and some players know it as the oreo pig.
As you correctly stated, the one with the white belt is called the "oreo pig" and you won't see it too often though it's just a fur variation. But piebald hogs do exist and they are considered rare. They are the light ones with the dark spots all over the body:
Image Image Image
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

I will soon be passing 500 Feral Hogs harvested and I've never gotten a piebald and that was the first orio I've seen, I hate that I couldn't finish that hunt. I have seen one albino but it was in a group that spooked after I shot one of their members, too bad I didn't see it before sticking an arrow in a pig.
garko3

Post by garko3 »

Exanimis wrote:I will soon be passing 500 Feral Hogs harvested and I've never gotten a piebald and that was the first orio I've seen, I hate that I couldn't finish that hunt. I have seen one albino but it was in a group that spooked after I shot one of their members, too bad I didn't see it before sticking an arrow in a pig.
Try to put your feeder at PBB, i don't know why but since y have the feeder there i have killed 3 piebald hogs ( before i had the feeder in other reserves and i had never killed a piebald one) :)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Actually, the pig with the white belt is a real life Hampshire. https://www.britannica.com/animal/Hamps ... eed-of-pig

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Wanna know another fun story about pigs with a white belt? In the beginning of the 20th century, Danes living under Prussian rule were prohibited from raising the Danish flag. So they bred a domestic pig with red color, a broad white vertical belt and a trace of a white horizontal belt resembling the colors of the Flag of Denmark. It was made a symbol of their cultural identity and was called "Danish Protest Pig".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_Protest_Pig
Image Image Image
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Wanna know another fun story about pigs with a white belt? In the beginning of the 20th century, Danes living under Prussian rule were prohibited from raising the Danish flag. So they bred a domestic pig with red color, a broad white vertical belt and a trace of a white horizontal belt resembling the colors of the Flag of Denmark. It was made a symbol of their cultural identity and was called "Danish Protest Pig".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_Protest_Pig
You just made that story up didn't you?
ha ha ha...........just kidding Tann.
But I have seen pigs with strange tattoes with USDA on them........
but that was after they died.........
veteran pigs I guess........... :lol:
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

At least it wasn't acually a piebald, just a belted (uncommon)
Nathan22Outdoors

Return to “General Chat”