Weird things

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Exanimis
Hunter

Weird things

Post by Exanimis »

Something weird is going on with my version of the hunter. Yesterday I popped into Bushrangers to fill my Hog feeder with no plan to harvest anything. When I got close enough I used my rangefinder to improve my spotting skill. I noticed what I thought was a piebald hog near the feeder, she was black with a wide white stripe over her shoulders and chest. All I was carrying was my recurve, it's how I normally hunt, so I crept close enough to the group for a shot and waited until the piebald wandered into range. I took the shot and when I checked the blood trail the hunters mate identified it as a heart lung shot so I began tracking her. After five tracking domes I topped a little rise and noticed a dome straight ahead. As I identified the 6th dome the game paused a second then the hunters mate identified the track as a feral goat and all of the surrounding tracks vanished, two hogs suddenly appeared and ran off into the distance. I spent 30 minutes running in circles, trying to re establish the blood trail but it was simply not there. I ended the hunt and received a letter stating that I have left a wounded animal on the reserve.
This is not the only weird thing to happen lately but I wanted to ask about them.Has anyone else been noticing strange events?
ratcat

Re: Weird things

Post by ratcat »

It happened to me several times. I see a dome, run to check it and when I get close it disappeared :(
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I see very similar issues like that one described and other ones , in MP mostly . I would say that 3/5 hunts have issues for us.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

My last hunt on WRR playing SP after an hour or so,.. I was tracking an Arctic Fox where the tracks would disappear in front of me before I could click on them,..
This has happened before with other animals like the Bison, but I kept pursuit of the fox even without tracks and could find a track every once in awhile and finally calling to it
got it to come in to me on a tripod and shot it with the PP bow. Usually quitting the game and restarting it will compensate for animal tracks doing this,..
but on the other hand you may lose out on a trophy that you may want to get if you quit. At least you can still catch up to them, not like the broken Roaming tracks before.
But yeah,... this needs looked into as this post reminded me of it doing this also again.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i have had animal tracks on the pda say different animals before wondered if it was a little server blip. like collecting a moose and saying ptarmigan once :D
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

I shot a bull Elk the other day and while tracking it, I found a dead doe. I found a second dead doe before I finally found the bull. I harvested both doe during the hunt but neither were listed on my last session results. The really weird part is that I was playing single player and I had only shot the bull.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Exanimis wrote:I shot a bull Elk the other day and while tracking it, I found a dead doe. I found a second dead doe before I finally found the bull. I harvested both doe during the hunt but neither were listed on my last session results. The really weird part is that I was playing single player and I had only shot the bull.
Was it dead rocky mountain elk on Timbergold Trails? Those carcasses are spawned at the start of the hunt and they do attract wolves.
Image Image Image
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Exanimis wrote:I shot a bull Elk the other day and while tracking it, I found a dead doe. I found a second dead doe before I finally found the bull. I harvested both doe during the hunt but neither were listed on my last session results. The really weird part is that I was playing single player and I had only shot the bull.
Was it dead rocky mountain elk on Timbergold Trails? Those carcasses are spawned at the start of the hunt and they do attract wolves.
yeah, that would explain it. Now maybe I can finish that wolf spotting mission, thanks for that tip.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Exanimis wrote:yeah, that would explain it. Now maybe I can finish that wolf spotting mission, thanks for that tip.
Hint: Listen for crows cawing and look for crows circling in the sky. There be dead elk! :)
Image Image Image
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

lol crows circling. I saw that and was wondering why. Crows don't circle, perhaps they should have added vultures/buzzards to the game.

Return to “General Chat”