.17 HMR hv ammo is too OP

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BigGameHunter_21
Scout

.17 HMR hv ammo is too OP

Post by BigGameHunter_21 »

I decided to do some further testing with this new balanced ammo.... heres some results https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 64BDB2601/ https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/sfgi ... /604665052

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/sfgi ... /604664855 ..... seems very legit and balanced :P
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: .17 HMR hv ammo is too OP

Post by Ravenousfox »

WOW!
That's no joke, thought you were trolling me on live stream about it but it's legit. :lol:
So the devs balanced this ammo perfectly during the testing phase it seems. ;)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

PMSL
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

At last. The only gun you'll ever need to buy.
But seriously.

The 1st mistake was pushing it out to include coyote. Coyotes never needed to be included. There are more than enough options available for coyote, the biggest animal they run with are Elk and most Elk guns are permitted for coyote.

The 2nd was ignoring the possibility of decreasing the health rating on Bobcats and Foxes and increasing the original ammo power marginally.
A little more power to the ammo and a little less health on the Bobcats and Foxes would have probably negated the need for a completely new HV round.
This is the option that should be investigated further because a successful outcome would see the new HV ammo being done away with altogether.
Dropping back the health would not have made one iota of difference to the other permitted weapons.
If the new Hv ammo had to be that powerful there's obviously a problem with the Bobcat and Foxes health ratings, little wonder they couldn't get 100 % trophy integrity on rabbits.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

While I agree the new ammo is OP lets look at it from a different angle.

What difference does it make?

All the other animals that it can kill are not ethical to shoot with the 17 so whats the point in continuing to shoot them? Are we just looking for something to complain about? Complaining before that the 17 couldnt kill what it should be able to kill is a legit complaint. Complaining that it can kill something that it is not ethical be used on anyway is not.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

lowby wrote:PMSL
?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
?
****** Myself Laughing
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

lowby wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
?
****** Myself Laughing
The world of acronyms..new on for me. Thanks. :D

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Oh wow you so shot a Waterbuffalo with the .17 and killed it and it was disqualified. So what please?
Code: Select all
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

SoftShoe wrote:While I agree the new ammo is OP lets look at it from a different angle.

What difference does it make?
The difference is that the guns power for a mere .17 cal bullet can drop animals that big rifles can do.
When it was calculated it was incorrect. I found this out when hunting the fox comp only allowed to carry one weapon and on WRR a Polar Bear Charged and I dropped it in its tracks, I could have shot in the air
but I was thinking,.. do you feel lucky,.. you know like Clint Eastwood style................ :lol:
I then started testing other animals and dropping them from 150 meters away,.. the only animal I had a slight problem with was a Bison Charging, their head is quite tough,
but from a side shot 2 bullets can take it down. I then carried it with me to other reserves and really sampled its power,..
make no mistake it is now a formidable rifle for such small bullet size.
The end result is they shortcut the technical aspects because of the harvest value and raised the power balance instead to compensate in killing foxes, coyotes, & bobcats.
Now you may say well what does it matter because those bigger animals that it can kill are not on the allowed list?
But would you use a 50 BMG to sink a battle ship if it had the power, which it would never happen.
Well why should it happen in the game for something that is supposed to not be capable of doing that?
This is the exact reason why the game gets problems when they are not corrected to specifics (bullet damage) that the by products are meant to use (animals with their kill ratios).
Their response was they couldn't get 100% harvest value.
Well it's time to get it so it works correctly with everything else.
If not just make every gun able to kill everything than just still keep the same allow list on them.
Where would the game balance go from there?
When the time comes when problems can't get solved it is when the game goes on just enough to keep it running.
Is this what everyone wants to keep supporting a game only kept up in this manner to just good enough, or have it working at optimum performance with everything working like
it was intended to? I remember those days when the game worked great, 2013, 2014, 2015. The only problem that was big then was playing a continued hunt.....which was the only problem.
This game already has poor optimization for Textures, it could run a hell of a lot faster if they fixed that 1 thing.
1 thing at a time,.. but please do them right and get them done.

Return to “General Chat”