Immortal Canadian (will there remain only one?)

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
MaxVe
Scout

Immortal Canadian (will there remain only one?)

Post by MaxVe »

I would like to point out that it presents a really annoying new fact by hunting the Canadian geese and does not happen only to me and that is the largest, say those that after the spotting declare over kg. 8.4 / 8.5 and certainly those who arrive at kg.9.00 have become immortal, in conjunction with the release of the Magpie the largest among the old Canadians are no longer captured. The problem has now been noticed by many players and to realize it is enough to read the weights of the latest competitions where there is no longer even a "big" and the results are all now down. I repeat it here because I have the feeling that the fact has passed almost silently but i can assure that it is a bad news that i think it would deserve the time immediately to solve it, participate in competitions knowing that we will see flying away the best "pieces" is frustrating, alternatively, remove the major weights and do not talk about it anymore. I understand that i'm disagreeable when i talk about this but i want to thank someone who is responsible for dealing with these aspects will want to say their opinion here. Ty.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Immortal Canadian (will there remain only one?)

Post by Tod1d »

Let me try to translate...

Geese that spot up to 8.4/8.5 are being harvested at the lower part of the spotting score range? There are no big geese anymore?

I just shot this one the other day.

And I'm sure others have shot bigger ones.

Admittedly, that was the only >8000 goose in 3 hunts, but that's how it should be.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

I mean that geese over a certain weight limit, I can not indicate with certainty for obvious reasons, do not die even if repeatedly hit, i assure you it is so, it happened to me and many others even today (mine at the spot indicated kg.9). The 21/4 is not really the other day is short and a month has passed, now i do not think it would fall...try to believe...I have no interest in reporting something that is not true...
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

MaxVe wrote:Immortal Canadian (will there remain only one?)
Well my fellow Canucks... which one of us will be the last one left? Let the games begin! :twisted: :twisted: ;) :D
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...I'll probably be the first to go ! :lol: and i weigh way more than 8.5 kg . :lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

Unfortunately, the bug reported remains, this morning spotted a Kg.9 but it was impossible to capture it, i shooted both with the caliber 10 and with the .17 but it was useless...we wait and hope for good...
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

i made the same oberservation. i had one and the same goose coming in at least 4 times; i always could spot it (spotting suggested up to 9kg with lvl19 spotting skill for geese) but he/she never went down. neither with birdshot nor .22

this ist the hunt in question: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/gran ... n/81121033 (i normally have around 80-95% accuracy with the shotgun)
Commanche
Spotter

Post by Commanche »

I did about 9 hunts in the last Biggest Canada Goose (ave weight of top 3 geese). Shot only two geese over 8 being an 8.1 and another one of 8.1. Found it to be odd and looked at the average winning scores across the elite and intermediate comps. Since 01.05.2018 the winning scores are lower, way lower in some cases, which may indicate that there are less trophy sized geese roaming around or getting shot. Just my observation.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Same happened to me right now. Had a 8.3-9kg goose come in 4 times during the same hunt. I absolutely hammered the thing, 12GA, 10GA & 22LR, but it wouldn't drop. I know I hit it good, so it's not the shooter that's to blame. Bloody annoying during the football comp too...(goes off to sulk).

stanislav _SSR_

Post by stanislav _SSR_ »

Dear developers of something with your geese on Hirsch is not the case! for two sessions I had geese at 9000 and 8870 max. showed I shoot at them they do not react either, just fly away and that's it! what it is??? jokes at you such ??? I do not understand I was sitting every one waiting for 6 hours and confusing ??? take action!
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on July 2nd, 2018, 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: post was offtopic, moved to correct thread

Return to “General Chat”