New Game play Enhancement

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: New Game play Enhancement

Post by TheSheWolf »

kevin2106 wrote: You missed an important part there Ron, it only happens on certain reserves. Yesterday i was playing VDB and RFF stable between 150-200+ FPS depending on the vegetation. But if i go to TGT or Piccabeen, sometimes even WRR regardless of how little vegetation there, i will always strugle to get over 60.
ronMctube wrote:piccabeen tgt and wrr are the most heavy fps hitters.i have had drops on there previously.not sure what causes it.mainly though its fine.
I still swear it's down to "furry" animals. The ones with all the individual fur tufts. Rocky Mountain Elk, wolves, maybe bison, maybe Dall Sheep (do they have the 'hairy' fur textures?), Sambar & Rusa deer for sure (these two are the worst by far). Zooming in on them or even looking toward one drastically reduces my framerate. I've mentioned it before but I don't know if it's been looked into, or not. I think they're just exceptionally poorly-optimized in terms of how they're done + rendered.

That said, I do NOT get it with bear or bobcat, at least not that I've noticed. Only the newer animals with full-body fur.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

TheSheWolf wrote:
kevin2106 wrote: You missed an important part there Ron, it only happens on certain reserves. Yesterday i was playing VDB and RFF stable between 150-200+ FPS depending on the vegetation. But if i go to TGT or Piccabeen, sometimes even WRR regardless of how little vegetation there, i will always strugle to get over 60.
ronMctube wrote:piccabeen tgt and wrr are the most heavy fps hitters.i have had drops on there previously.not sure what causes it.mainly though its fine.
I still swear it's down to "furry" animals. The ones with all the individual fur tufts. Rocky Mountain Elk, wolves, maybe bison, maybe Dall Sheep (do they have the 'hairy' fur textures?), Sambar & Rusa deer for sure (these two are the worst by far). Zooming in on them or even looking toward one drastically reduces my framerate. I've mentioned it before but I don't know if it's been looked into, or not. I think they're just exceptionally poorly-optimized in terms of how they're done + rendered.

That said, I do NOT get it with bear or bobcat, at least not that I've noticed. Only the newer animals with full-body fur.
I belive you are right, but all of this started after the halloween update, before the update i could play TGT on 140+ FPS with my OLD rig, now after that update with a better and upgraded rig i can barely play it on over 60 like said before. The devs are probably aware of it, but why would they care when they don't make money from fixing it? :roll: I honestly have a feeling at some point another update will mess the game even more up and then it will be 100% unplayable

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

It may be that they aren't aware, if they're playing and testing on new hardware--and usually gaming companies do have higher-end PCs for testing. Which has made a mess for some games in the past :lol:
skogseide
Scout

Post by skogseide »

it's not going to be better graphics or rendering distance in any way, and it's not going to be a new engine. Cause that's got nothing to do with new items involved.

I would like to see better graphics etc, however I fear it's something camera related, and it will for sure be something that costs EM.

Guess we just have to wait and see.
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

oh my lord the negativity lol, I think A LOT of people want better graphics. It's 2018, and if you still are running something from 2009, or 2010 then there's a problem. Majority of the money you spend on the hunter can get you a new PC. Now with this said, I ran a computer from 2008 for the longest time, up till this year actually. It's a pain I was ticked when Timber Golds came out, and picabeenbay cause I couldn't play it. But at some point you're going to have to upgrade your PC. I think majority of people here want better graphics. Obviously we are not getting this, it's going to be a gig for the Dev's to make more money, like I said which makes me believe it'll be a target range that you'll have to buy.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Wetrocky45 wrote:It's 2018, and if you still are running something from 2009, or 2010 then there's a problem.
I'm not even sure about that. I used to play this game on a PC bought in 2010, one which wasn't even a high-end gaming PC back then. The game ran on full HD with decent FPS, even on high "scene complexity" and "texture quality" settings, I just had to turn MSAA and AF off and tune down shadow quality a bit. I cannot understand why I still see so many trophy shots in here that obviously were shot with the lowest graphics settings. That must be 10+ year old PCs and you just cannot expect a company to cater to players that use such potatoes. I understand that not everybody can afford or wants to buy a new PC every year (or every other year), but at one point you'll have to decide if you want to spend some money for hardware or if you're okay with being left behind.

And even if the "new game play enhancement" was an improvement of the graphics that increased the minimum specs a little bit, I guess even older PCs should be able to run most of the reserves, at least anything up to Val-des-Bois. Which, in my opinion, already offers a lot of content and fun. It's what we happily paid for a few years ago until we got used to the choice between 12 reserves and 40+ species.
Image Image Image
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Wetrocky45 wrote:It's 2018, and if you still are running something from 2009, or 2010 then there's a problem.
I'm not even sure about that. I used to play this game on a PC bought in 2010, one which wasn't even a high-end gaming PC back then. The game ran on full HD with decent FPS, even on high "scene complexity" and "texture quality" settings, I just had to turn MSAA and AF off and tune down shadow quality a bit. I cannot understand why I still see so many trophy shots in here that obviously were shot with the lowest graphics settings. That must be 10+ year old PCs and you just cannot expect a company to cater to players that use such potatoes. I understand that not everybody can afford or wants to buy a new PC every year (or every other year), but at one point you'll have to decide if you want to spend some money for hardware or if you're okay with being left behind.

And even if the "new game play enhancement" was an improvement of the graphics that increased the minimum specs a little bit, I guess even older PCs should be able to run most of the reserves, at least anything up to Val-des-Bois. Which, in my opinion, already offers a lot of content and fun. It's what we happily paid for a few years ago until we got used to the choice between 12 reserves and 40+ species.
That's my point. People can still play loggers etc. My laptop that I ran I couldn't even play roblox on it... but I could run thehunter, just putting things in perspective. I ran the absolute lowest graphic settings you can still see in my gallery farther back. lol

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:

I built my PC in 2010 I did upgrade from onboard Graphix to a GPU in 1012 added added a ssd. I can play BF4,BF1,Pubg with no issues and 50-60 fps 1080p. I play theHunter with all settings maxed and also have little to no issues.
Spoiler:
skogseide
Scout

Post by skogseide »

wonder how a poll about upgrading the graphic engine or not would look like.. don't know how to make a poll, but I know where my vote goes!
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

im 99.9% sure it's not a new engine aswell.
At the moment the current engine is put to it's limits in terms of graphics.
If EW would move to a new engine, the game would look better , but it would also be much better optimized because new engines are better, faster etc.
So the upgrade wouldn't ask much more from your pc than it would now if the game gets optimized.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA

Return to “General Chat”