New Game play Enhancement

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Re: New Game play Enhancement

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I for one am over the moon if it's a camera feature a lot! A range increase for sure is welcome too.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

SoftShoe wrote:
gas56 wrote: So what!
Exactly!! :lol:
gas56 wrote: So much conjecture!
So much negativity and we don't even know what it is yet.............. :lol:
Kinda entertaining aint it? Ive seen less pissin & moaning at an old ladies bridge club :lol: :lol: :lol:
Negativity, pissin and moaning? Really? I don't see much negativity at all in this thread. I see seven pages of harmless conjecture with a couple of concerned posts about render distance/computer performance tossed in. It's like you're talking about a different thread or something. That's interesting.

I too am really up in the air about what's coming. I can see it being a new camera/photo system because of the "The new gameplay enhancement comes with a few new items" hint, but it doesn't really fit the "HUGE new game play improvement" hint, IMO. And as much as I'd love to see farther render/view range, which would certainly be HUGE, I don't really see how it fits with the new items hint. So, I'm gonna go with Option #3; "I have no idea, I give up!" :lol:
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

ronMctube wrote:
mapache01 wrote:
Rammstein wrote:The game works well on the game and I hope it will not change. I invested heavily on the game (weapon and hardware) and I do not have the money to increase the performance of my computer.
I don't see a trouble on my rig now, but I'll be really mad if I have a membership that will due lets say in 3 years and I'll cannot play anymore if the game needs monstrous performance in GPU like a minimum GTX 600> so EW prepare to the storm if this new Enhancement does not have a switch for low performance computers; I for sure will ask a refund for the days my membership expire and equipment bought the past 3 months if the game not any more gonna run on my old computer.

the thing is at some point we have to change or upgrade the engine or goto a new platform unless this is going to stay as it is and just finish. would you rather the game just ends at some point or upgrades and we conitinue on ?

we are in 2018. realistically people have to expect to upgrade at some point.cant hold back progress for 2010 pcs.

i get what you saying but we need to move forward at some point .
And what about the people who does not have the money now to upgrade or buy another computer but all ready pay membership 2-4 year in Advanced? also the equipment/weapon/clothes invested??? Refund?

Maybe i'm just thinking and care about people who love the game, made effort to buy membership and improve his rig since Wridge and Timber was launched, well that's my opinion, I the end EW will do what's better for his Wallet not clients.
ahmedinovich

Post by ahmedinovich »

i think its possible to see or observe animal at + 250 mettre lol
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

I would not expect a new engine. I think we've been told in the past that this would not be possible.

It DOES look like a camera lens to me but an upgraded camera would disappoint.
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

ronMctube wrote:
the thing is at some point we have to change or upgrade the engine or goto a new platform unless this is going to stay as it is and just finish. would you rather the game just ends at some point or upgrades and we conitinue on ?

we are in 2018. realistically people have to expect to upgrade at some point.cant hold back progress for 2010 pcs.

i get what you saying but we need to move forward at some point .
I'd actually welcome a new version of this game with a new game engine.
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

I don't know, but I have a final guess, and I am most likely spot on with this one, like a few people before me have mentioned, I believe it'll deal with new targets. As much as i'd like to see render distance, I believe it's new targets, and you'll have to pay more money for a target range. I think this is my final guess.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Exanimis wrote:sadly, some will be disappointed regardless of what this new enhancement is. We can only hope that the disappointment is not our own.
@caledonianblues, switching over to Elton John with Kiki Dee, "Don't Go Breaking My Heart". Digging at the bottom the discount bin for these tunes.

You can change from Pointer sisters to Twisted sister "we ain't gonna take it" ;)

Its look like prettier in the picture, but without an animal or an object at the distance as reference we cant say for sure the render view is increased, it seem more like the scopes are getting some upgrades, maybe its not a whole overhaul at the graphics but it is when zooming trough scope, cameras and other spotting devices, anyway i would be happy if we get new cameras for pictures and such, but as i said before in other topic, this is a hunting game, if we get new cameras cool, but like a bonus addition to a new hunting focused game play enhancement, not as the main thing. I think its some kind of static camera system, that ones that you put in a tree with a sensor that indicate when an animal is around.

by the way, i would like to see a new engine, i could even upgrade my pc for the task... but my fear is that we ain't gonna get a new engine because letting aside the daunting tasks of upgrade all the game to the new engine that would alienate maybe many people with older pc or laptops, now sure we can say "just get a better one or upgrade" but not everyone has the money to do from a day to another, or know how put together a new pc, usually getting a video card and ram are enough but not always, and we are talking about paying customers, not freewis, they pay and support the game in the base they are able to play it, and that there are minimum and recommended settings that you must have, if you change that after someone just bought a yearly membership and find that suddenly cant play the game... Beside i think a new engine would have take a lot more time and would need a test server with open beta to...well test the thing before is released, this feel like its gonna have to do more like game play styles than graphic or technical stuff.

That is why i think some day instead a new engine we gonna get a new and shinny "The Hunter 2" hopefully a day not to far.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
flinteundco

Post by flinteundco »

I have absolutely no problem with a new engine or graphic improvements but i hope they also increase performance overall. Even with a i7 4790k (4.5GHz) and a amd rx 480 the perfomance suffers with all settings on max :/
aussieshooter
Spotter

Post by aussieshooter »

A camera? That would be the most disappointing release compared to the build up I can remember here, and I've been here off and since release. It would be great for those who want it, but the build up would have been ridiculous.

Trail cameras sound intriguing. Forgetting the fact that animals don't follow trails here of course. Especially if it ties into the 'game management' system in the launcher. I could also see it being a feature of the lodges. You go into your lodge and can view you're cameras for that reserve. Then see a buck or something you want to go after, and fast travel to the nearest tent. It would fit the 'huge' announcement and there would be a lot of equipment that could be purchased too.

I find it interesting that some players are so vehemently against an improvement in graphics. That is the way of gaming. Lots of subscription games make changes to game play that not all players like. It needs to be remembered that those who subscribe, subscribe for access to the game. There is no promise about keeping a game the way you like it, or even to specs that you have. I think it would be a difficult legal argument to make to say that you don't have access to the subscribed game anymore, because it is now beyond your hardware.

I would love to see an improvement in the graphics, and a change of engine. Maybe the easiest solution for EW would be to simply stop working on theHunter Classic. Release it as a fixed single player game for all those who have a active subscription and move onto theHunter 2.0.

Return to “General Chat”