New Game play Enhancement

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: New Game play Enhancement

Post by Nathan112244 »

No idea but im fairly sure its not render dist.
If its render dist it needs a new engine which would cut out a bunch of people using older pc's.
Nathan22Outdoors
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

And after all this debate and expectations the Wednesday SU will say: "Here guys, its a shiny new binocular" :twisted:

But jokes aside, we will find out the next week, and this new game play hype made the expectations in the community grow from simple scopes till the long awaited new engine... It was like a snowball and i just hope the enhancement whatever it would be don't let us down, at least not with the feeling of "all this waiting for this $%&?". I want to believe it will be a new system that will include new items(prepare your wallets) but will expand our ways to play the game in a positive way...and will include fixes for the sound in the 12ga pump, the missing rabbits tracks, and other bug fixes. :)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

The return of Exanimis, and possibly a camera enhancement fits really well :o
Does this mean the monthly photo comps are coming back? I really hope so :)
I still think it may be a render view enhancement though. (Apparently the staff discussion had Matt excited for it)

EndPin
Scout

Post by EndPin »

I think they have found a way to extend the render range. we were told in Thursdays stream that if we were paying attention, he gave some clues. I remember that he was using, more than once, words like "long" and "far" just before telling us that he had given a clue.

ratcat

Post by ratcat »

When will they tell us?
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

ratcat wrote:When will they tell us?
Not a clue, apparently we where supposed to get the update last week, but obviously that never happened. On top of that who knows with the staff, not trying to be mean but, i'll use the status update as an example 2 weeks ago we where told that the next status update would be jam packed full of stuff, and then last week when we got the status update, it literally was the shortest status update i've yet to see.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
Herzbube

Post by Herzbube »

Wetrocky45 wrote:
Not a clue, apparently we where supposed to get the update last week, but obviously that never happened. On top of that who knows with the staff, not trying to be mean but, i'll use the status update as an example 2 weeks ago we where told that the next status update would be jam packed full of stuff, and then last week when we got the status update, it literally was the shortest status update i've yet to see.
There was supposed to be a reveal in the stream and it was announced in the status update like this:
As always, our stream kicks off on twitch tomorrow at 16:00 CEST (twitch.tv/expansiveworlds), we are hopeful we have something extra-special to show off this week [...]
Tuned in. Turns out they did not have anything to show off and delayed the reveal for another week.

So yeah. This week has been full of broken promises and disappointments. Way to ruin any trust or goodwill from your customers, EW. Good job.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Wetrocky45 wrote:
You should pay some more attention to this community before saying such things.
They clearly told us that they would show it in the last stream. (17th)
But because the testers found some bugs they want to fix those first and then they will show the new thing on the next thursdays stream (24th).
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

DarkHunterXX wrote:
Wetrocky45 wrote:
You should pay some more attention to this community before saying such things.
They clearly told us that they would show it in the last stream. (17th)
But because the testers found some bugs they want to fix those first and then they will show the new thing on the next thursdays stream (24th).
I am not here to argue but this isn't the first time we have seen stuff like this, I am also not the only person who has pointed this out.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Never forget that game companies pushing out release dates (of games, features, updates or w/e) before it's complete, just to hit a deadline, ends in broken content. Just wait for it. I'd rather them get it right than release it riddled with bugs.

Return to “General Chat”