New Game play Enhancement

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Re: New Game play Enhancement

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Wetrocky45 wrote: I am not here to argue but this isn't the first time we have seen stuff like this, I am also not the only person who has pointed this out.
So what, i rather see them showing us something that is working than something which is a bit broken.
If they show us something which is half broken we get a half experience and we get disapointed.

In this other week they can work on new sub features aswell, so that way we have to wait less long untill it gets implemented into the game ;)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

I’we been thinking a little more, and according to the headline “game play enhancement”, I feel the target is everyone. Since it’s for everyone it must be free. So in my opinion, it can’t be any equipment, binos or toys in-game we have to pay for. So if it’s not anything free in-game, it must be something with the game parameters itself, that enhances our game play experience.

If this is true, does not mean that everyone needs to buy a 1080, to be able to run the game! But if you are one of those people who wants to take full advantage of the new game play enhancement, max the new settings or so, then it’s possible you need to upgrade your gaming rig.

This is so exiting I hardly cant wait!
JimboCrow wrote:I'we watched all kinds of sports while waiting
...the spoiler is for you JimboCrow...
Spoiler:
I bet JimboCrow is watching cricket right now mumbling on the Mr. Ed Theme :D

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Pretty_Boy wrote:I’we been thinking a little more, and according to the headline “game play enhancement”, I feel the target is everyone. Since it’s for everyone it must be free. So in my opinion, it can’t be any equipment, binos or toys in-game we have to pay for. So if it’s not anything free in-game, it must be something with the game parameters itself, that enhances our game play experience.

If this is true, does not mean that everyone needs to buy a 1080, to be able to run the game! But if you are one of those people who wants to take full advantage of the new game play enhancement, max the new settings or so, then it’s possible you need to upgrade your gaming rig.

This is so exiting I hardly cant wait!
JimboCrow wrote:I'we watched all kinds of sports while waiting
...the spoiler is for you JimboCrow...
Spoiler:
I bet JimboCrow is watching cricket right now mumbling on the Mr. Ed Theme :D

Well they stated that new items will come with the new game-play, but never was said those items would be needed to use the new game play, i mean we can have by example an extended render with new scopes with more zoom that let us see better, but not mandatory to enjoy the new game-play. Or we can get a VdB climbing type of "enhancement" where was almost forced buy the climbing gear to reach the areas where goats live, obviously i hope be the first option.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I know exactly what it is. It’s a remote control drone with tranq darts. You use the drone, find an animal, tranquilize it, and you have to get to it before it wakes up and runs! New items will be drone skins, high velocity darts, low velocity darts, etc!

:lol: :lol:

Am kidding, of course
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Herzbube wrote:So yeah. This week has been full of broken promises and disappointments. Way to ruin any trust or goodwill from your customers, EW. Good job.
In the past, releasing stuff prematurely was the way to ruin the customers' goodwill, so I'd rather have them test and tweak it for another month instead of releasing it before it's ready.

But you're right that communication could've been better. I feel like this was due to the fact that Mat got sick when the devs realized that they needed more time for the new feature and that they had to postpone the relevant Status Update and live stream.
And of course: Starting a guessing game with hints while you're not even sure when you're ready for release is a marketing strategy that can easily backfire. As we see in this thread... ;)
Image Image Image
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

One way or the other, any improvement is welcome. But with a hype (or an overhype for some by now) its not going to be the case that all are going to be satisfied. the longer the wait the sour the grapes :)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

you can never please everyone but its great that the game is still being pushed.i was starting to struggle wanting to play recently.shot everything ,done everything there is to be done in the game twice over ! though this is going to have a big effect on the gameplay. so lots of new ideas already floating around. cant wait ! its the next best thing to a new engine. so good postivie move forward.
skogseide
Scout

Post by skogseide »

ronMctube wrote:you can never please everyone but its great that the game is still being pushed.i was starting to struggle wanting to play recently.shot everything ,done everything there is to be done in the game twice over ! though this is going to have a big effect on the gameplay. so lots of new ideas already floating around. cant wait ! its the next best thing to a new engine. so good postivie move forward.
I can confirm the struggle is real, and it's great the game is moving forward. However, the game will struggle too within a few years unless it gets a new engine. So yes, it's a struggle.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Doesnt gameplay count over smooth/new graphs? I can see me play this in ten years. (I mean neverwinter nights is still installed here!)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

skogseide wrote:
ronMctube wrote:you can never please everyone but its great that the game is still being pushed.i was starting to struggle wanting to play recently.shot everything ,done everything there is to be done in the game twice over ! though this is going to have a big effect on the gameplay. so lots of new ideas already floating around. cant wait ! its the next best thing to a new engine. so good postivie move forward.
I can confirm the struggle is real, and it's great the game is moving forward. However, the game will struggle too within a few years unless it gets a new engine. So yes, it's a struggle.

well atleast this gives the game a new lease of life and moving to a newer engine or complete new engine is no small feat.so its the next best thing.which revitalizes gameplay for me personally.so it wont be a struggle to play now.id rather concentrate on the positive at hand now.than worry about in a few years.i played 10,000+ hrs of this game.anyone with 1000s of hrs will need a little break now and again regardless of how good new a engine is. ;)

Return to “General Chat”