New Game play Enhancement

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: New Game play Enhancement

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Rather interesting results so far.
No discernable difference in frame speeds on my old machine, scene complexity on high it still runs 30 to 45 on TGT, same as it always did.

Amazingly fewer animals or sign to be seen, than what would have been expected in the high open areas, did they cut back animal numbers as a compromise for performance reasons?

But for me the most obvious feature is that the maps have now become a run and gun fest, no need to sneak around any more as you can now see animals long before they become aware of your presence. And if you spook an animal in close the fleeing response doesn't mean it will run clear out of render anymore. Just wait for it to stop and pop him. As i have said before about this game, If I can see it I can kill it.
Took a 272 red stag from 202m while running down the river on VDB. No sense of pride or achievement to be had there. Never mind, two points bigger than the one I already had in my lodge.

Took a Bighorn ram at 340m first try with new scope on the bullpup. No 2 on the long range leader board. Come on guys .. I weren't even trying.
Also a rock ptarmigan at 340m .... OOPs unpermitted hit with the 30 R. Damn, I had the 17 hmr with me but pulled the wrong weapon.

But mostly I hate the scope Reticle.
A technicolour mish mash of lines, dots and check marks that bear absolutely no relationship to the standard graduations on a real long range mil dot reticle.
Come on devs. Go back and do it properly for us please.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

But mostly I hate the scope Reticle.
A technicolour mish mash of lines, dots and check marks that bear absolutely no relationship to the standard graduations on a real long range mil dot reticle.
Come on devs. Go back and do it properly for us please.
Man you nailed that down, I vote yes please.
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

DanthemanBoone wrote: Amazingly fewer animals or sign to be seen, than what would have been expected in the high open areas, did they cut back animal numbers as a compromise for performance reasons?
I noticed the same thing, but thought it was just me. I just finished a 42 minute (ingame minutes) doing the exact thing I always do..... spawn at a tent, get my gear ready (including s spritz of scent eliminator), fast travel to a tent, crouch walk to a tripod & scan for Bighorn. I have always been able to rely on seeing a least 4-6 of them within 5 minutes..... I didn't see anything. I did cross some tracks on the way to the stand but didn't see anything. I have never been in that location & not seen anything at all, and I've never sat there all at one time for that long ever.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I don't think the spawn numbers have been changed, but I'm not 100% sure.
DanthemanBoone wrote:But for me the most obvious feature is that the maps have now become a run and gun fest, no need to sneak around any more as you can now see animals long before they become aware of your presence. ...
Took a 272 red stag from 202m while running down the river on VDB.
The river of VdB has always been a shooting gallery and when the extended render range was announced, my first thoughts were that hunting there must be absurd now. There are other areas where this change is less noticeable than on VdB and WRR though. But obviously such a major update is a big game changer, balance wise too. We'll have to take our time, get experience with it, see what has changed and give proper feedback in here. I think it's possible that things like spawn numbers and areas, spooking distance and such might have to be changed in the future to find the right balance of difficulty and fun again. Which is hard as it is, since we all have different opinions where that sweet spot is.

But at first let them get the bugs out of the way - problems with feeders, ropes, towers and long-range spotting. I have to say: given the magnitude of the patch, the age of the engine and the small team that created it, this update has gone rather well and I'm confident that the devs will fix the issues soon. Maybe not today, but in the next one or two weeks.
Image Image Image
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Nothing at all animal spawn wise has changed!
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

TreeKiwi wrote:Nothing at all animal spawn wise has changed!
I doubt you would be allowed to tell us if they did.

Next time you want to release a scope, please Google rifle scopes or look at bass pro or cabelas for crosshair examples. Please get rid of that red nonsense. If you insist on having red crosshairs, then use the air rifle scope as the example.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

You are correct, lots of things I could not tell you about. But the things I can, I will :)

They reticle is never going to be to everyone's liking, it wouldn't matter which one we picked. But as per usual we are watching everyone's feedback and appreciate it all!
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

New render range is awesome just annoying how animals can chain spook each other till they fully run out to 320m just to de-render themselves.
For example had some goats run till about 220m out about to calm down then a pig runs into them and keeps spooking them over and over till 320m +
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

TreeKiwi wrote:You are correct, lots of things I could not tell you about. But the things I can, I will :)

They reticle is never going to be to everyone's liking, it wouldn't matter which one we picked. But as per usual we are watching everyone's feedback and appreciate it all!
With all due respect, how is that reticle to anyone who has actualy hunted, liking? It is out of a cartoon.
Thanks, ~Jeff

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

I have done lots of hunting in real life. It was strange to me at first, but it has grown on me and now I like it. It all just comes down to individual taste. The main thing I like about it now, the red really pops and seperates from the foliage and animal nice. Sometimes, especially if there are shadows, the black can blend in a little bit.

Return to “General Chat”