New Game play Enhancement

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
\m/
Outfitter

Re: New Game play Enhancement

Post by \m/ »

Question is if the level of detail for example of trees also scales with the new 320m render distance. With 220m the lod of trees is often low at 70-80m+ range. Would be rly good if it would be around 120m or more with a bit higher lod
Now offline. Forever.
lmp1986

Post by lmp1986 »

I wonder if this'll affect spook distance of guns?
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

lmp1986 wrote:I wonder if this'll affect spook distance of guns?
Good question. Since most weapons spook out to render now
Spoiler:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Good question. Since most weapons spook out to render now
Real good question.

This is going to turn into a "what's the new enhancement" thread into a "wonder what it's gonna impact" thread. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be an experience. :lol:
M9Chris
Spotter

Post by M9Chris »

In the Name of the 3153 Members of Huntertalk.de.
THANK YOU EW!! That is the best SU i/we ever have to read. Wohuuuuuuu
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

increase the range and roll out two new scopes so players can see the change, someone's getting a raise. lol
Blind Mole
Outfitter

Post by Blind Mole »

i dont think spook range in game will be affected by draw distance setting :)
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

\m/ wrote:Question is if the level of detail for example of trees also scales with the new 320m render distance. With 220m the lod of trees is often low at 70-80m+ range. Would be rly good if it would be around 120m or more with a bit higher lod
I do not think it is increased render range. And if you remember, when they "improved" lighting the graphics improved slightly up close, but the older reserves like Hirsh and Whiteheart looked considerably uglier.
Look in the fields of Hirsh where the bales and straw mounds are and how when looking through binoculars the grass stubble just disappears at 70-80 meters. After that distance it looks like you are playing with the graphic settings on the lowest setting. Same thing happens in the meadows at Whiteheart.

I don't want any more "improvements" like that.

The devs recently added a way to pan around and elevate their view during livestreams. We saw a good view of this during the livestream that showed off the new geese. What if we got a new camera and if ONLY carrying a camera we get that ability and are able to take pictures while panning like that? A couple of those hints were views from way up high.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

RickC wrote:
\m/ wrote:Question is if the level of detail for example of trees also scales with the new 320m render distance. With 220m the lod of trees is often low at 70-80m+ range. Would be rly good if it would be around 120m or more with a bit higher lod
I do not think it is increased render range. And if you remember, when they "improved" lighting the graphics improved slightly up close, but the older reserves like Hirsh and Whiteheart looked considerably uglier.
Look in the fields of Hirsh where the bales and straw mounds are and how when looking through binoculars the grass stubble just disappears at 70-80 meters. After that distance it looks like you are playing with the graphic settings on the lowest setting. Same thing happens in the meadows at Whiteheart.

I don't want any more "improvements" like that.

The devs recently added a way to pan around and elevate their view during livestreams. We saw a good view of this during the livestream that showed off the new geese. What if we got a new camera and if ONLY carrying a camera we get that ability and are able to take pictures while panning like that? A couple of those hints were views from way up high.
Rick, you might want to read today's (Monday) status update. ;)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
ratcat

Post by ratcat »

Great news :)

Return to “General Chat”