New Game play Enhancement

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: New Game play Enhancement

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Also, with all due respect. Why can't you tell us? What is so secret about a new scope and how it's designed? Or a new goose for that matter..just asking.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

The Scope is entirely to cluttered. What good are all the marks, no need for anything but center crosshairs, and a couple mill dots below the center crosshair. The crosshair lines are to thick, and should simply be black.
Spoiler:
sniper68
Spotter

Post by sniper68 »

we should be able to zero the scope's our self.
never shot with a fixed scope in real life.
if it is set at 100m then try shooting something at 300m in real life you dont stand a chance.
and we dont have a 300m shooting range to work out the mil dots.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

And while we are at it, can I get Gatorade in my water bottle? :roll:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Violator31 wrote:And while we are at it, can I get Gatorade in my water bottle? :roll:
I'll take Jameson in mine. :lol:
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Violator31 wrote:And while we are at it, can I get Gatorade in my water bottle? :roll:
The Water Buffalo are going to love you. :o
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Also, with all due respect. Why can't you tell us? What is so secret about a new scope and how it's designed? Or a new goose for that matter..just asking.
They are hyping us, one it gains more money, attention, obviously this thread I made is the whole point of it. You get a large following, make people know about the game, and the update. So they will most likely pay more attention and pay for the new update.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Violator31 wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
The Water Buffalo are going to love you. :o
I'll just get them with the Mick Dundee mind trick. ;)
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Wetrocky45 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:Also, with all due respect. Why can't you tell us? What is so secret about a new scope and how it's designed? Or a new goose for that matter..just asking.
They are hyping us, one it gains more money, attention, obviously this thread I made is the whole point of it. You get a large following, make people know about the game, and the update. So they will most likely pay more attention and pay for the new update.
I don't believe the hype surrounding the 'secrecy' has had any increased effect on sales within the community. I highly doubt even one more player has purchased the new optics, or renewed his membership, because of the anticipation produced in him by the guessing games proceeding the release of ERR. Increasing the render has CHANGED the game, and the market, plain and simple, and increased sales were INEVITABLE because of the IMPORTANCE of that change, not the hype. In the final analysis, the success of this update had virtually NOTHING to do with the childish, annoying guessing game.

Theoretically they could have quietly dropped ERR into an update without ever mentioning it, and then surreptitiously placed the new optics in the store without any fanfare whatsoever, and gradual realization and reaction within the community would have been essentially the same within the same timeframe, and sales every bit as prolific, perhaps more. That is my belief. In fact, if anything, I believe the secrecy surrounding the release was likely LESS effective for such an important update than say, shouting the news from the top of the highest mountain in VDB from the very first moment it was determined that it was feasible. That's how I would have marketed it, inundating every available form of media I could possibly find with it, right from the get go:

HEY WORLD!!! TAKE A LOOK AT THE NEW UPDATE COMING SOON TO THEHUNTER CLASSIC!!! A MAJOR GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENT!!! EXTENDED RENDER RANGE!!! ALL NEW 45% LONGER SHOTMAKING!!! MORE REALISTIC TRAJECTORIES!!!! IMPROVED BALLISTICS!!! NEW LONG RANGE OPTICS!!! FULL MEMBERSHIPS AVAILABLE FROM JUST $3 A MONTH!!! GET YOURS HERE!!!

In my opinion they undersold it, and missed their mark.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Not writing this to step on anyone's theories..

To me, the "secret" releases = EW looking to gauge overall enthusiasm and get feedback/input while they finish creating them. But really, there's probably a slew of reasons why they're doing it, and I'd guess the forum has probably correctly touched upon most of them.

Who knows, maybe they just enjoy it, especially for purposes of the weekly Twitch hunts where they can hype it up with a human touch.

(Did I need the disclaimer at the top? If I hadn't included it, would anyone feel like I was bashing their theory? Just curious, thanks.)

Return to “General Chat”