New Game play Enhancement

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: New Game play Enhancement

Post by stancomputerhunter »

ronMctube wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote: Now I'm wondering if I should buy a new graphic card again just for this game...
Don’t do it... if it’s only for playing this game then it’s a waste of money... i have a 1080 ti and i’m normally unable to get over 60 FPS on some reserves, like TGT and piccabeen

still dont get why your fps is so low. must be something wrong somewhere i have numerous pcs .some which arent nowhere near as quick and will run this at 4k literally over 100 fps without moving.
It's so strange. My system is 3 years old, however, I have updated the GPU. i5-3570 (pretty ordinary) @ 3.40 GHz/ EVGA Nvidia GTX GeForce 1060 6GB. Win 7-64. Nothing special, yet I have NO FPS drops on ANY reserve. Anywhere. Ever.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

stancomputerhunter wrote:It's so strange. My system is 3 years old, however, I have updated the GPU. i5-3570 (pretty ordinary) @ 3.40 GHz/ EVGA Nvidia GTX GeForce 1060 6GB. Win 7-64. Nothing special, yet I have NO FPS drops on ANY reserve. Anywhere. Ever.
I got a i5-6500 with a Radeon R9 380, so my PC is far from a beast. I have FPS drops on BRR (when a lot of baobab trees are near) and on WRR (usually when looking at tracks or animals), but both issues have been there forever. The FPS drops mentioned by Kevin and other players that seem to have been introduced with last year's Halloween event, I've never witnessed those. TGT and PB both run smoothly (60+ FPS) all of the time, on max settings, full HD. So whatever the reason for that problem could be, it seems to be in connection with specific hardware/drivers?
Image Image Image
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Tanngnjostr wrote: I'm not even sure about that. I used to play this game on a PC bought in 2010, one which wasn't even a high-end gaming PC back then. The game ran on full HD with decent FPS, even on high "scene complexity" and "texture quality" settings, I just had to turn MSAA and AF off and tune down shadow quality a bit. I cannot understand why I still see so many trophy shots in here that obviously were shot with the lowest graphics settings. That must be 10+ year old PCs and you just cannot expect a company to cater to players that use such potatoes. I understand that not everybody can afford or wants to buy a new PC every year (or every other year), but at one point you'll have to decide if you want to spend some money for hardware or if you're okay with being left behind.

And even if the "new game play enhancement" was an improvement of the graphics that increased the minimum specs a little bit, I guess even older PCs should be able to run most of the reserves, at least anything up to Val-des-Bois. Which, in my opinion, already offers a lot of content and fun. It's what we happily paid for a few years ago until we got used to the choice between 12 reserves and 40+ species.
This is exactly what I was thinking in these days! :D
I don't have a powerful PC too and I couldn't be able to play the game without your VGA! :)

Maybe the new game play enhancement is a new engine or increase render distance and maybe I couldn't be able to play the game after the enhancement. But, that's my problem and I will be so happy to see this game with a new big enhancement! :D
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nexis981
Tracker

Post by Nexis981 »

It is a photo without hud about the woods in great height, with a camera-crosshair.

i guess it is a camera-drone ;-)
Joke ^^ Or not? :D
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Nexis981 wrote: i guess it is a camera-drone ;-)
Joke ^^ Or not? :D
A while back on the live stream, there was a "Competition camera" in use. There were a lot of us asking for that feature. Years ago there were a couple of videos with that same view. I think, as long as when it's in use (single player only) you should not be able to hunt. A hunting session purely for exploratory purposes. Just soaking up the great scenery in the game. So, I could see them making it available as a drone. That would be cool (& probably expensive). Depending on the price tag, I would make that purchase.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

They mentioned a new gameplay enhancement. They never mentioned an "overhaul" or "upgrade" etc. In my ears its an existing feature that got expanded.

I still think it's photography.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

You will all find out next week. As for me I hope it is something good and not a big let down and yes a new store item without some new feature (Gameplay enhancement) that it goes with will be a let down.
Spoiler:
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:It's so strange. My system is 3 years old, however, I have updated the GPU. i5-3570 (pretty ordinary) @ 3.40 GHz/ EVGA Nvidia GTX GeForce 1060 6GB. Win 7-64. Nothing special, yet I have NO FPS drops on ANY reserve. Anywhere. Ever.
I got a i5-6500 with a Radeon R9 380, so my PC is far from a beast. I have FPS drops on BRR (when a lot of baobab trees are near) and on WRR (usually when looking at tracks or animals), but both issues have been there forever. The FPS drops mentioned by Kevin and other players that seem to have been introduced with last year's Halloween event, I've never witnessed those. TGT and PB both run smoothly (60+ FPS) all of the time, on max settings, full HD. So whatever the reason for that problem could be, it seems to be in connection with specific hardware/drivers?
I would be really happy if it was some hardware/driver issues, as it probably would be easy to fix. But if it is a hardware/drivers issue there would have to be a dev trying to find the issue, which right now there definately isn’t

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Not saying it will happen but it would be for the best having a new game engine.
Think about it, new engine means more easy to fix bugs. (possible) more render distance, better A.I etc etc
A new game engine would be better for the game as a whole.

I know some people are still playing the game with a toaster PC but the game can't stay in limbo forever, times change.
Maybe have a classic option for the game like World of Warcraft is planning to do with all vanilla guns/animations, etc.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Okay, here's my theory.

Spotting scopes that allow long-distance rendering when aiming through them. This may extend to new gun scopes, too, or even apply to the old ones.

Return to “General Chat”